CK Trailer

Here it is ladies: http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...iler-page.html

Can we get an Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww?

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:50 PM
In Valinor

Thanks Bon! Screencaps!

Old March 15th, 2004, 11:10 PM
lilbambina6329

OMG...that was the funniest thing ever...orlando was so funny...i was laughing so hard when he said that he felt like rockey and then the guy punched him in the face and he was just standing there smile.. :rofl: i almost fell out of my chair...that was hilarious.. :rofl: i can't wait until it comes out...

they said it was going to come out april 30th..is that just in the UK or is it also goingto come out at the same time here in the US??

lilbambina :)
Old March 15th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Threthiel

That was so cute! I want to see it. I was just smiling the whole time, and especially when was talking! Gah! You english gals have no idea what hearing his accent does to a little american girl. I am sure some of my fellow americans understand. Thanks EL for getting those caps on here and Leggyslove for posting about the trailer.
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:04 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

SERIOUSLY contemplating a trip to the UK to see this film after being smitten with the trailer :) He's so young, fresh faced, adorable, and FUNNY! I really hope we get to see more of Orlando's comedic side in the future. I have a feeling there's a real talent for comedy lurking, like his co-stars Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt have but don't use often enough, at least IMO I am hoping/praying this gets a US release, but my instincts tell me not to hold my breath

Now, for an ignorant question I hope nobody is offended by. I ask to be educated though:

is there a reason Orlando sounds SO British in this film? I'm not even sure that's the correct way to express it...not only does he sound REALLY British...I could swear his accents sounds DIFFERENT then it normally does. But I could be mad as well, so who knows? Maybe our UK members can enlighten me :)
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Catz

Sonia ,
from memory of the clips I've seen I think that his character is a South London lad so that may explain why the accent sounds different. Less refined and not so posh. We're a bit common south of the river.
xxxxx
Catz
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM
luv4ever

omg, that had to be the funniest orlando thing ever. i have never seen an orlando movie like that. i hope it comes out here in the US. i can't wait. and when he said that he drinks 3 pints of milk a day thing, i have never heard him talk that fast, or anyone talk that fast. and the i feel like rocky thing was funny too. also he looks so young and cute. omg, i can't stop talking about it. he just look so cute working out. hehe =D> :rofl:
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:28 AM
jsclark86

Oh, I know. It was sooo funny. :rofl: I can't wait to see it. I love the way he talks. Its so sexy. I love his British accent.
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:43 AM
British Boy Lovin' Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandosRiverRat
is there a reason Orlando sounds SO British in this film? I'm not even sure that's the correct way to express it...not only does he sound REALLY British...I could swear his accents sounds DIFFERENT then it normally does. But I could be mad as well, so who knows? Maybe our UK members can enlighten me :)
My guess is because he's got not just a Brit accent for this, but a cockney accent, which is a bit less proper then his usual. It's the way people talk in London. My guess is when he's with the people he's most comfortable with he really does talk this way and just has a 'stage voice' for the press so we can understand him. Some of the stuff in the CK trailer I couldn't understand at first just because it was so cockney.

I like his cockney accent A LOT, there's just something about it. It's so Brit! This movie looks like it could be really, really cute. If it doesn't get released in the USA I hope we at least get a straight to DVD release!

By the way, a little addition...maybe some people will agree with me on this one. The part of the trailer where I thought he sounded the most different was when he said "But Calcium is spelled with a 'C,' not a 'K,' Mr..." To me in that particular part, he sounded like a completely different person.
Old March 16th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Rozzan

This was so funny. He does look fresh and young and the parts where he smiles! My goodness talk about lighting up the screen. He's a bright as a nuclear explosion.

The accent is a London/cockney accent, as Catz says.. of the common people and not so posh.

I doubt though, that Orlando does talk more like this when hes with his mates. He comes from a probably posh area of Canterbury, Kent where the accent is different again to London. Regional accents in Britain are very diverse and often you can tell the subtle changes in the space of just a few miles. Also Orlando was educated at a private school, where mostyly everyone would be Posh. I think his posher voice with its perfect very english accent is his own, and it is just utterly fantastic as Red says.
Even us british firls swoon when he open his mouth Red.
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Cl@re

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchick
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandosRiverRat
My guess is because he's got not just a Brit accent for this, but a cockney accent, which is a bit less proper then his usual. It's the way people talk in London.

That's correct, he's put on a cockney accent for this film which is very convincingly good. But I'm from up North so I'm no expert Kent is that bit more well spoken then the cockneys of London. Not all Londoners talk like that. Just certain area's, to confuse you even more

But anyway onto the trailor. I couldn't help but laugh and cringe at his so cute but very goofy charachter. It's so weirdly good to see him play a more comedic role compared to his more, for want of a better word, "straight laced" characters. I thank the lord I'm a Brit gal and I'm going to get to see this soon. I've lost count the amount of times they've promised us it and then it got cancelled
I cried laughing at this:

Brilliant comedy timing.
Old March 16th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Fanfic Junkie

Guitarchick wrote:

Quote:
By the way, a little addition...maybe some people will agree with me on this one. The part of the trailer where I thought he sounded the most different was when he said "But Calcium is spelled with a 'C,' not a 'K,' Mr..." To me in that particular part, he sounded like a completely different person.
YES!! YES!! I noticed that too! It's so adorable

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:09 PM
dream wanderer

That looks good...and I understood almost every word of it!

And people say he can't act...

I hope to see this, whether on the big screen or one video, I don't care....

dream wanderer
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Elements

Oh My Goodness!!!

This film is going to be brilliant!! I cannot wait, Orlando looks so cute and really funny. Doing sit ups in his bed with the kiddies duvet cover on, slugging back the milk, that champion smile as he gets smacked in the face CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

As for his accent, I would hazard a guess that this is far more what Orlando's normal voice is. Think about the Radio One interview, he sounded just like that to me, and not the affected posh accent he puts on in POTC or LOTR or Troy. I think this is going to be more of the real Orlando than we have ever seen, and he looks adorable!!!!
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Malene

Hahahahaa! I love it!!
It looks really funny!!
And will that smile of Jimmys light up the screen or what?
Old March 16th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Angel_of_the_West

I can't wait for this!!!! This is going to be great! I think it's going to have has rolling in the aisles! Not only does he come across as funny, but adorable to boot!

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

Oh something that just occured to me. Orlando doesn't drink or eat dairy products right? I remember him saying something about his favourite drink being a Soya Latte or some such, 'cause he doesn't drink dairy. If that be the case...would it be soya milk he is drinking you think?

Angel
Old March 16th, 2004, 07:42 PM
In Valinor

Echoes Bon... Awwwwwww!

I've got to admit that I'm now keen on seeing this film. Stop it, Serein...I know what you're going to say!

Orlando looks like he has a fine sense of comic timing and his expressions certainly are funny. I love all the fast talking hustling everyone seems to be doing around "Jimmy". Poor guy, hasn't a clue what his "manager" has gotten him into. And that trainer? Too funny!
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
I can't wait for this!!!! This is going to be great! I think it's going to have has rolling in the aisles! Not only does he come across as funny, but adorable to boot!

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

Oh something that just occured to me. Orlando doesn't drink or eat dairy products right? I remember him saying something about his favourite drink being a Soya Latte or some such, 'cause he doesn't drink dairy. If that be the case...would it be soya milk he is drinking you think?

Angel
Who knows It could be a rumour like the vegetarian thing, or it could be soy milk. I mean, doesn't really matter does it.
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
Who knows It could be a rumour like the vegetarian thing, or it could be soy milk. I mean, doesn't really matter does it.
No, it does...Just a random thought I had..silly I know.

Angel
Old March 17th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Ancalime

For some reason I wasn't able to download the trailer last night, but I just now did, and *my stars*! How adorable! That accent! Definitely not his usual! He looks so wide-eyed and naive, I love it. The movie looks really funny. I agree, who in the world said he can't act?
I wonder if it will make it to the U.S. on DVD???

Thank you, Leggyslove and EL for putting those up for us!

ancalime
Old March 17th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Eowirethien

thats there cuz his manager who makes them in the movie spells it wrong when he sends them to be made! I read it in sneak magazine £1.10 every tuesday *slight name drop for british Orli fans*
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Catz

Saw this on the OB files...sent in by Angela.

Produced by Natascha Wharton
CASTING

Quote:
A few people asked the question ‘did you cast Orlando because he was Orlando Bloom?’” says Wharton. “In fact when we first met him, there was a buzz post Lord Of The Rings, but I wasn’t sure he was a name as such.” She continues, “Truthfully, the minute we met him he just smiled, and it sounds stupid and a bit corny, but I just thought, he is The Calcium Kid!” She goes on, “Orlando just had this sweet innocence about him. It was always going to be a hard thing to balance, someone who was a boxer but had this real sweetness in the character, and I think Orlando embodies Jimmy, I’m just delighted by him.”
Ahh bless.

Catz xx
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:19 PM
In Valinor

Awwwwww! How adorable! How can this man go from blazingly, scorchingly HOT to cute and adorable and back again? He's just perfection, isn't he?
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady
Awwwwww! How adorable! How can this man go from blazingly, scorchingly HOT to cute and adorable and back again? He's just perfection, isn't he?

He certainly is, EL! I just want to bottle him up and keep him forever! :jimmy: (SQUEEEEE <points at Jimmy smilie) is just precious and from the Trailer it looks like Orlando will once again claim the character all for himself

Thank you so much for the smilie!

Angel
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Cl@re

Quote:
“Truthfully, the minute we met him he just smiled, and it sounds stupid and a bit corny, but I just thought, he is The Calcium Kid!” She goes on, “Orlando just had this sweet innocence about him.”
I loved this part of the quote. So sweet and I couldn't help but smile when i thought about that beautiful smile he'd have done to win them over.
*sighs*