Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > The Calcium Kid

Old August 28th, 2005, 01:45 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Watched it again today. Still cracks me up, and I have a smile on my face when the credits start rolling. I agree, perhaps not meant to be deep (though I think you could make some inferences), but just and fun, enjoyable little movie.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I might have to eventually watch that...

I've been keeping the DVD on my shelf for... 2 1/2 years (!!!!!) and haven't watched it yet... What the *mutters* is wrong with me?!

I guess I'm afraid it could turn out as a movie I would not like that much... dunno...
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Imagination Rules!

Watch it not expecting too much and you'll thoroughly enjoy it - it's just so sweet and lovely. Even my hubby, watching from the sidelines, totally loved it!

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Awaiting a warrior prince

Oh you MUST watch it. I laughed out loud several times. This is such a cute movie.

"Say my name baby."
LOL
snoey
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Buried Alive by Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beriawen View Post
I might have to eventually watch that...

I've been keeping the DVD on my shelf for... 2 1/2 years (!!!!!) and haven't watched it yet... What the *mutters* is wrong with me?!

I guess I'm afraid it could turn out as a movie I would not like that much... dunno...
Have you watched it yet? Because if you haven't you must ! I can't believe I've only just seen it It's a fantastic little (yep,89 mins) film,so very British yet so watchable by anyone. I really enjoyed it-Orlando is so sweet and youthful,and innocent *sigh* The story is funny and the characters work well.
It made me laugh,which it's meant to and smile The way he talks,like higher pitched is so different to other roles he's had-it does show what a good actor he is overall
And I couldn't place his trainer Paddy-Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-DOH! I'd happily watch it again *thumbs up*
And yeah "say my name baby" love it!

Last edited by jaw; February 11th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old March 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw View Post
Have you watched it yet? Because if you haven't you must ! I can't believe I've only just seen it It's a fantastic little (yep,89 mins) film,so very British yet so watchable by anyone. I really enjoyed it-Orlando is so sweet and youthful,and innocent *sigh* The story is funny and the characters work well.
It made me laugh,which it's meant to and smile The way he talks,like higher pitched is so different to other roles he's had-it does show what a good actor he is overall
And I couldn't place his trainer Paddy-Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-DOH! I'd happily watch it again *thumbs up*
And yeah "say my name baby" love it!
Yeah! 'How do you usually start your day? (Hilarious pause here while Jimmy is trying to come up with something believable) "Well, I usually start with 50 sit-ups." Yes! it's a cracker of a movie. Laugh out loud stuff. We've had the dvd for ages, and it gets a frequent watch at our place. The humour is British, with a bit of rhyming slang thrown in, which we really enjoy, but if it's a bit off-putting just use the caps. It really is a 'must see' film for any Orlando fan. (And he looks great in his boxing gear.)

BTW, David Kelly, who acts as Paddy O'Flanagan, also acts as Michael O'Sullivan, in 'Waking Ned Devine' - another hilarious Irish comedy. Kelly is memorable.

Missy