Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > Just Orlando

Old July 30th, 2010, 06:34 AM
besotted with buttons

wow...this is amazing, of course I had never seen him briefly close his eyes before.

just so beautiful.

Love this bit of the film! *Joe looks over at Ned "OMG did you hear that??"*

thank you Kat for these, they are simply stunning.

And some more graphics now- this time by Lola. A banner for Gems fab story My Beautiful Joe (which can be found on Larrikin Mary of course)

and here for Gems The Rose

by krazymoonkat

Recommended reading Though warnings for extensive need for tissues and hugs especially.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Thanks for the plug Nuit.

I was thinking that before, should just post the link to www.larrikinmary.com and be done with it. Everyone, do yourselves a favour and check it out - beautiful stories that you'll love, never mind if you're 'into' Joe or not, and breathtaking graphics to go with them.

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:23 AM
besotted with buttons

I guess so...but wheres the fun in that

I would like to post something about the 'real' Joe Byrne too, the one that lived 130 years ago. A biography written by Fourleaf Clover

Quote:
Joseph Byrne was born around the end of 1856. Sadly, no birth certificate exists for him, and due to some confusion with his school records we cannot be certain of his birthday. However, November 1856 is a widely accepted date. His parents lived at that time in the gold fields of north-eastern Victoria in Australia. They were Australian-Irish Catholics; his mother Margret was from Galway, his father Patrick emigrated from County Carlow to live with his own father who had been transported many years earlier. Joe was the first child. While he was still a baby, the family moved to the Woolshed, a broad, flat-bottomed valley below the fast-growing town of Beechworth, and took up a piece of land there known as a selection. Irish selectors had a hard life under British colonial rule, and it is likely that young Joe, the grandson of a transportee, grew up hearing stories of rebellion, and developing his own understanding of his family's lowly place in a harsh world.

Joe was remembered by his contemporaries as a bright, handsome boy who was good at his lessons and at enjoying a typical boyhood in the community and the surrounding countryside. He mixed freely with the Chinese gold miners and their families and learned to speak Cantonese. At school, he was especially fond of reading and writing and reached a good standard of education, often coming first or second in the class. Later in life he would write songs and poetry about the Gang and their exploits. Sadly for the family, Patrick died at just thirty- nine, meaning that thirteen year old Joe had to leave school and start helping to support the family. Times were very difficult for the Byrnes and although Joe worked for a while at various labouring type jobs, he soon found that a clever young lad with a fluid approach to the letter of the law could make more money in other ways and have more fun doing it. Before his teens were out Joe had served a six-month sentence in Beechworth jail with his mate Aaron Sherritt for illegal possession of meat, and had dabbled in horse stealing as well as alluvial mining and distilling alcohol. He also became an habitual user of opium, a drug that was freely available in that time and place.

As a young adult, Joe was a remarkably accomplished horseman, perhaps even a rather glamorous figure who had many girlfriends and female admirers. He was for some time engaged to Aaron's sister, but has also been described as 'the idol of the girls of the district' and as having a particular 'weakness for barmaids.'1 One contemporary anecdote notes that he was known as Sugar on account of being so 'sweet on the girls.'2 As his manner was frequently noted to be quiet, polite, even occasionally nervous, it seems likely that he sincerely enjoyed the company of women, rather than being the predatory womaniser he is sometimes depicted as.

One of a number of Ned Kelly's friends and associates, Joe became inextricably part of the Gang because he was with Ned and Dan at Stringybark Creek on the day that police hunting them over a dubious assault charge inadvertently came close to stumbling upon their hideout. In the ensuing battle, three police officers were shot dead and although Joe was not identified at that point, from then on he was on the run with Ned, Dan and Dan's friend Steve Hart. During their period of outlawry, which lasted several years, Joe penned the fifty seven-page Jerilderie Letter in which Ned told his story and set out their manifesto. Although the authorship of the letter is credited to Ned, it is probable that Joe had significant input, and this is reflected in the fact that Ned left the letter unsigned. As an example of penmanship undertaken in difficult circumstances it is a magnificent achievement. Ned trusted Joe implicitly, and considered him to be his best friend and closest ally.

Aaron, Joe's boyhood friend, hung around on the periphery of the Gang, playing a dangerous game of passing false information to the police in an intrigue that has never been fully untangled. Whatever the truth of the matter, it is likely that he was foolishly, and fatally, less than frank with Joe about his activities. After a particular spate of rumours, counter-rumours, inter-family disputes and correspondence, Joe went with Dan one night in late June 1880 to Aaron's hut where four police officers were hiding in the bedroom, enticed him to the door and shot him dead. The gang believed that the response of the authorities to this cold-blooded murder would enable them to instigate a major showdown, rallying supporters and eventually declaring a republic of north eastern Victoria. However, things did not go according to plan and the tragic incident was to prove cataclysmic for them.

Joe's own life ended three days later during the Siege of Glenrowan when a stray bullet severed his femoral artery. His body was pulled from the burning wreck of the Glenrowan Inn, left overnight in a lockup at Benalla where it was drawn by a local artist, and the next day hanged and displayed on the jail door for passers-by to witness and for journalists to photograph. His family never claimed him and he was buried hurriedly in an unmarked grave at Benalla. He was twenty-three.

1 Ian Jones: The Fatal Friendship
2 Judith Douthie (Mortimer): I was at the Kelly Gang Round Up

Old July 30th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Ki, I thought it could not hurt to get you gals all warmed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit
Love this bit of the film! *Joe looks over at Ned "OMG did you hear that??"*
Nuit took notice that Joe was not alone "callind Dr. Byrne! callind Dr, Byrne! Emergency!".... I better get posting some more Joe!

I highly recomend those stories and all of Gem's stories.

Great to have a bit of the real Joe here, Nuit.

from the gallery:

The new ones:

Old July 30th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Aint no other man but you

Kat, I love the one of his curls in the bank!

I agree, no fun in that Gem! And I'm having so much fun rereading all of the stories there. Some of my favorite parts are not acceptable for the board rating Joe brings out the naughty in us all. But there are so many beautiful stories there as well as bits of fun and smut. I've been smiling and giggling and sighing. So here are two more snippets from stories at LM. Both showing the softer side of Joe from needing a hug to kisses in between getting dressed.

More from Twilight by FLC

“C’mere you,” he said, although the invitation was hardly necessary. The experience of him in the tent had sucked her into his orbit entirely and all through the meal she had felt the pull of him, darker and more real than before. He flung down his cigarette, apparently heedless to the risk of fire, and lowered his foot to the ground. The hand he held out to her felt warm against her own as he pulled her to him, but strangely rough and worn to be part of such a young, otherwise flawless body. She thought he was going to kiss her, but he didn’t. Instead he rested her head against his shoulder and wrapped his arms firmly around her. There they stood, his chin hard against her head, the two of them sharing the silent relief of touching once more. It occurred to Claire that people probably didn’t hug Joe very often and that this embrace was as necessary and comforting to him as their love-making had been and maybe harder to ask for. Perhaps something you could only ask of a woman who turned up and unhesitatingly offered all of herself to you. She fed her arms around his middle and squeezed him, feeling him tighten to her in return. After a few moments, she felt him lift his arm and point, although with her face still buried in his shirt, she was not in a position to see where to.

My Beautiful Joe by Gem

That first time with him was like nothing I had ever experienced. The men I had lain with before had seemed intent on ............. and had then almost forgotten about me in their haste to find relief. I had always enjoyed the kissing more and had thought the rest more an inevitable part to put up with. But Joe changed all that for me, he took his time and made sure I was ready for him and when we finally came together I was desperate to feel all of him. He took everything I offered but he gave me himself too. Afterwards I lay there in his arms and he was gently running his hands up and down my back, his chin resting on the top of my head. I can still remember the feel of his chest under my cheek and hear his soft voice in my ear as we talked. I felt overwhelmed but safe at the same time. He loved me again as the darkness was starting to lift and the magpies started their morning song, our eyes locked and bodies entwined and he was whispering my name. I couldn’t stop smiling and while he was getting dressed he stopped several times to kiss me. There were no promises given or asked for but when I was standing at my door, watching him ride away as the sun was climbing over the mountains in the distance, I knew he would come back.

I hope it's ok I edited a couple of words out. Nothing too bad but I didn't want to take a chance. If you think it's fine then I'll add them back.

I thought I was going to be around to post while everyone is in Kelly Country but I'm headed to the beach.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira

Last edited by CaribbeanDreamin; July 30th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Krazy for the Elf

If I recall right, that particular one was made for you, CD.

From the gallery:

Some new ones:

Old July 30th, 2010, 03:46 PM
besotted with buttons

LOVE this one- that wink from Ned too.

hahahaah clearly Dr Byrne needs to stay longer Kat!
Great snippets there CD, lovely lovely Joe- have a great time at the beach. XX

Old July 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Aint no other man but you

His hand on her arm is giving me heart failure! His hair so wild and curly, the eyes and lashes Joe was Orlando at his sexiest. I hope Albert Nobbs and The Duke have some of this.

Good memory Kat! Yes, I requested that and many, many more. I didn't realize we missed so many great caps so thank you for doing this for Nuit and all of us by extension! In fact everything posted has been beautiful - the drawings, the walls and other graphics and the writing. Such a talented group of women here.

My Christmas gift last year thanks to Kat!

Thanks Nuit! I could use the distraction and maybe the break if my sister and her husband will play with my kids while I chill.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira

Last edited by CaribbeanDreamin; July 30th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM
besotted with buttons

some material to dream about while you chill...

aiaiaiaia.

some more graphics- this by Leggybelle

And the banner to one of mine called Bath, about that young woman who walks in on Joe

Banner by Lola
He is different now, as if he awakened his senses, and instead of heat and hard and hunger he can feel the waters’ gentle caress on his skin, the food in his belly and the tobacco smoke in his lungs, as if he remembered he can do more than survive, memories of being a man finding warm circles in his mind. I should be careful, and yet it is he who is looking at me troubled still, searching my face for clues. You do not have many more years than me Ah Joe, though I think that yours were made more full. “I am old enough.” He nods deeper than most and watches me place the basket on the chair.

One of my favourite of matas monthly calendars

Last edited by nuit; July 30th, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Lovely collection you have been showing us peaks of, Nuit. It must be hard for you to just pick and choose with all the talented people we have here.

CD, I never realized there were so many more to do either with all that I had done already.....I was even mentioning it to Tonny when we were frist talking about this that I did not think there were too many more for me to do and did not think I could hold a dedicated animation week with what was left......On behalf of you, nuit and all the other Kelly gals I will myself for that thought.

I'm going to keep posting. I want to get as much as I can in today and early tomorrow. Get this meetup really warmed up.

from the gallery:

And the new additions: *added a bit extra because the next scene had only 3 animations.

Last edited by Krazymoonkat; July 30th, 2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:41 PM
besotted with buttons

I have run out of time now- off early tomorrow. I want to say thank you to Tonny, Lola and Kat for the thread and for warm fuzzies, it was a lovely thing to do and i really appreciate it. Thanks also to all those who have added and contributed. I will be back in a few weeks and no doubt will get to drown in Joe all over.

Thank you XX

Old July 30th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Have a safe trip and a great fabulous time full of Joe, Michele!
Expecting full account of the trip! *is green with envy*
See you in a few weeks!

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old July 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Mommy of two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
One of my favourite of matas monthly calendars
I need a calendar like that.
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:27 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Great theme for this week, Tonny. Sorry I'm late for the party, since I'm practically overdosing on Joe goodness here.

Wow the fan fics are really great. You all are talented writers. The characterizations of Joe was spot on. Makes me love him even more.

Kat-Thanks again for the wonderful clips. I could watch the animations from the Joe and the banker's wife scene all day.

Nuit-What a great birthday present, eh? I hope everybody has a good time at the meet-up. Enjoy and drool over Joe for me.
Also thanks for posting my Mom's "Make Love, not War" wallpaper. I have not seen that in a long time.

Here are some more Joe wallpapers made by Leggybelle:

Oh, to be that rubber duckie.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlover View Post
Great theme for this week, Tonny. Sorry I'm late for the party, since I'm practically overdosing on Joe goodness here.

Here are some more Joe wallpapers made by Leggybelle:
Thank you sweetie! So lovely to see mom's work again!
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Nuit, even thought you probably won't see this until you get back, Have a wonderful time!

Knightlover, thank you for posting those lovelies of your mothers.

The week is not over either. Keep posting everyone! I have quite a few more animation to post myself.

All new:

Old July 31st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Me again....

This scene I though was best kept to it's own post.....

From the gallery:

and one new:

Old July 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymoonkat View Post
This scene I though was best kept to it's own post.....
Wise choice..
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Some Joe with Maggie:

From the gallery:

The new batch:

Old July 31st, 2010, 09:20 PM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
Repeating to myself:*smoking is bad,smoking is bad,smoking is bad,s-mo-king -is- bad....there's no point... it doesn't work...

That scene with Maggy is my favorite in all the movie...he's just great in it!Sweet and funny and sexy to the death.
Thank you very much Kat,you're such a doll...

Those graphics from Leggybelle are gorgeous Marilyn....ty very much for sharing with us dear

Last edited by erendira; July 31st, 2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:05 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Lola, if you jump in quick, the splash will put the ciggy out!

Next scene.....all new: some look similar, but they are all different parts.

Old July 31st, 2010, 11:41 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Next scene.....all new: some look similar, but they are all different parts.

Imagine that sneaking around the corner of your home............
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andnolewen View Post
Imagine that sneaking around the corner of your home............

Ok a few more before bed.....these are all new......sorry, I am in a rush, so there may be some in the gallery too, but I wanted to stop in quick with the new ones.

Last edited by Krazymoonkat; August 1st, 2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Getting close to the end of what I have for animations.....hope some of you have more special stuff to post too.

Old August 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Another batch while I'm around.....