Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > Just Orlando

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM
OrlyB&BenBfangrl

This thread looks freaking awesome!!! If I have any Joe related articles or piccies I come upon in future on the net, I will no doubt bring them here!!
Old July 28th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Aint no other man but you

Here's my favorite scene from Nuit's Visions of Joe. If you haven't read it, you are really missing out on something beautiful.

Christ, he must have thought I was a soft in the head, I almost forgot to say anything. “Well what is it, lass? Maggie said you heard them coppers…” His eyes watching my face intent all the time I told him what I heard, little frowns between his brow, the skin around his jaw tightening, a shake of his head and the whisper of something I reckon was “bastards” on his lips. A nod when I had finished, just a moment before he spoke, “You’re a darlin’. If they think they got the better of us, they will have to think again.” A smile on his face, but I could tell he was miles away in the bush.

Well, God help me, whether he knew it right then or not, I had no notion of anything else but that his body was inches from mine, that I only had to move a little bit and he’d be against me. A magnet he was, and that is the only way I can think of to describe it, like he pulled me in just by standing there. But it was something like surprise that crossed his face when he looked down, like he just finished thinking about coppers and Chinese fellas and remembered I was there.

I didn’t know what to say and he seemed happy enough to reacquaint himself with me face, just a flick of his eyelashes to further down that I don’t think he meant me to see, and his hand moved to the wall behind me. Well me mouth went all dry, he was all around me, well that’s what it felt like any how, the warmth and the scent of his body hitting me as his jacket fell open. A flick of MY eyes down that, God help me, I am sure I did mean for him to see.

“Well now Evie, why would you be putting yourself out to help me and Ned and all?” He was teasing me and he knew I was sweating over me answer. “Granted I saved you from walking home with Aaron, and I didn’t tell yer Ma that it wasn’t just you and Maggie in that room upstairs…”

He let that hang in whatever room there was between us and no mistake, reminding me and himself of what I had seen, watching me squirm and look down at me boots, but for all the lies they ever printed about him, Joe was never one to see someone or something suffer for long. His fingers touched under me chin lifting me head up, brown eyes straight into mine. “Ah now, sure it’ll not be that,” another smile, “I heard yer old man has no love for coppers.”

And he bent to kiss me cheek, just stopping short of me skin. Jesus, I thought I might just reach up and pull him to me. He must've heard me breath catching, that was what he was waiting for, at last brushing his mouth over mine..

But he didn’t move away, not an inch, little kisses he gave me, little touches that I confess almost had me on my tip toes to reach for more. I never thought it would feel like that, he had hardly even kissed me! And then, Christ, the tip of his tongue was asking me…and I wanted nothing else right then. I had a last look into those eyes before I closed mine and parted me lips to let him.

Well, I might be doing him a disservice now if I made out like as if I did nothing except let him. I remember feeling his hand on me neck, non too soft hands just grazing across me skin, holding me so that his kisses could get deeper into me mouth, but in truth I was holding on too, caught up in what felt like a flash flood down the creek after a summer storm, taking half the bank and everything with it, grabbing the cloth of his jacket so as I didn’t get washed away from him.

His kisses..I have reason to pause still now.. the feel of his tongue pressing inside me mouth and how he tasted of the bush in the heat of a summer evening, scorched earth, and wild grass, well that all mixed up with beer and that tobacco he smoked. I could feel myself burning, and willingly throwing it all in to the fire

This is a wall Lola made for me to go with a little story I wrote for a challenge. It's gorgeous!

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira

Last edited by CaribbeanDreamin; July 28th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM
besotted with buttons

Thank you CD and to return the favour this is for you- a little edited...but Joe in the sun in Colorado

banner by Mayfrayn

Quote:
Considerably later than 4, but still early for him on a morning he would have expected to wake up with a hangover, somewhat lighter in his pocket, and with the residual scent of cheap perfume on his body, Joe opened one eye and stretched out on the creaky bed. Well that woman appeared to have done what years of bible bashing and lectures on temperance and morality hadn’t achieved- Joe Byrne arriving in town and waking up positively sprightly. He would make her laugh telling her that.

Still fully clothed if not quite buttoned up he grinned to himself and let his hand slip down to feel, well maybe the preacher might have something to say about that bit of it. ...... a swell of desire passed through him before resolute fingers found the buttons, his hips lifting from the bed to pull his pants together and he spoke to himself a little sternly. Bath, shave, blacksmith, find some work. In that order. A man couldn’t sit around, or in this case lie around all morning, it just wasn’t right. Although now that he thought about doing just that it would be some minutes before he could go down the hall in search of a bathroom, Christ he would just have to stop thinking about her. That was the key.

It was a considerably younger faced Joe Byrne that stepped out on to the main street of Durango, his over grown beard all but lines along his jaw now, his hair still damp curls at his neck and a clean linen shirt, and with the sun a pleasant warmth on his skin Joe took a deep breath, he was going to like it here.

a few of my favourite graphics made for Visions of Joe by Nel

you are going to start regretting asking me to add here....

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Evie! Great passage, CD

Nuit....could not edit out our thoughs though.

Now for a bit of payback:

One I already had in the gallery.

The new ones: *a bit dark, but I could not pass them up

Old July 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
He smiles...I'm lost...

This thread is such an incredibly freaking good idea!
And you deserve it, Nuit!

And speaking of 'Visions of Joe' - I silently cried the last five chappies - awesome, really. I can't quote my favorite part, it's the 13th chappy.

But I loved his letter to Evie; I think Nuit you have a really pretty version of that and I think it's safe enough for pg13.

Dear Evie,

I always thought a letter should start with a “how do you do? but as I don’t even know where you are for sure, whether you would even want to hear from me anymore, nor whether you will ever read this, there is no point in asking, so I will just tell ye that I miss you, lass. I have seen your Da. He said you were safe, and of that I am glad. Even thinking of you holding this paper is enough to make me smile. I hated to say goodbye to you, and I meant to come to you as soon as things had quieted down, but I never thought it would be this long. You will have heard, no doubt, the circumstances of why.

I wish to tell you some things, Evie, the truth about the matters you know about, and to make you understand some others too.

Believe me, I had nothing more than a broken stick wrapped in a blanket at the time. We wanted their horses, and they fired at us. Dan was injured, and the rest of us so sickened by the blood, smell, and the flies, not to say the offence we had committed, that it was like our souls were jumping in our skins. Ned said not much else but that he wanted them to surrender. He even took down a letter from Kennedy to send to his wife, but the words got washed away when we tried to cross the Murray River. Poor bugger.

Evie, I know we will have to take our justice when it comes, but you understand that it will not come about at the hands of the Victoria Police. I haven’t got a stick anymore, lass, but one of their Spencer rifles. They mean to kill us, and if I have to go, I am taking as many of them bastards as I can with me.

My heart, my skin, my thoughts—they are all red raw, bruised, and in need of soothing. I can’t drink or smoke enough, and Christ, I have tried my best. All I can do while I sit here by this godforsaken dry creek listening for sound of hooves or guns is tell you what is in my head. I need to kiss you again, Evie, feel your skin under my fingers, and breathe that warm scent you have. I’ll not lie, I have found comforts where I could, and I am thankful for that, some helped me more than others but I always wake up feeling the same.

You have lit fires in cold bush nights that have kept the damp from my bones, and whether you know it or not, calmed my sleep when I was raging. I can see you blushing now, you always look even prettier when you do that. Forgive my frankness, and I hope you believe me when I say it is not all about relations of that sort, but you gave me something else and I want to return it.

I will look for you and trust that you still feel the same as you once did.

Joe

That's sooo beautiful......sobs, snivels.... I'm a sucker for a good handwritten letter, sad those times are over.

Thanx to Lola for my toffee & Chocolover for the singing Orlando

* Time you enjoy wasting, isn't wasted* - John Lennon
Old July 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Krazy for the Elf

*sniffles and sobs right along with Monkey* thank you

Hope It's not too soon for another batch..

Trouble on the way:

Old July 28th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Mommy of two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
aah, good idea...

here I bring the last two drawings I did of Joe, the b&w is the one I did with the pencils Nuit sent me for my b-day last year (my precioussss pencils)

to you, hon...
Thats awesome. Amazing.
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
you are going to start regretting asking me to add here....
I don;t think so :)
It is all so lovely and made with love!
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Dreamer

A wonderful thread - thanks Nuit for all that you do both here and in the other parts of our lives....

I have a huge number of Joe poems, some of them more heavy than others and I was trying to pick which one to post first. I kept coming back to this one. I think that those of us who love Joe are truly his now.....

Soul to Soul

When the last one forgets
Then I will go to the next world
When I am just a name
In the dull volumes of history
I will truly leave this earth

In between life and the life after
I have battered at the wall that is death
Seeking to soothe the grief
Of those who knew me, loved me
I could not abandon them

Angry, helpless, the only solace
Those times when they would drift in sleep
Their souls rising over the barrier
Then I could fill their dreams
And walk beside them

But when they woke, despair overwhelmed
So I remained chained by love
Watching those that remembered
Grow, and age and in death move onwards
When none remained I would follow

Generations have passed
Those of my blood no longer mourn
But still I am here, watching
Those who hold the cords that bind
Were strangers to me, unknown

But I know their hearts, their dreams,
I am bound to these that remember me
For the man that I was
The man that I could have been
They are mine now

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM

*wipes eyes* Ki, that is so lovely. Thanks for sharing it. So true.

Nuit, I love that story, as you know

It was a considerably younger faced Joe Byrne that stepped out on to the main street of Durango, his over grown beard all but lines along his jaw now, his hair still damp curls at his neck and a clean linen shirt, and with the sun a pleasant warmth on his skin Joe took a deep breath, he was going to like it here.

This makes me smile the thought of him there, breathing in that cool air. I 'd love to see that. Would love this to be true. Of course I love the first part too. Letting my imagination run wild right now

Beautiful art and animations and writing everyone More! More! More!

Last edited by CaribbeanDreamin; July 28th, 2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Gone bush!

Looks to be a fantastic thread but I am really short on time here so will come back at a later date to enjoy thoroughly
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Hope you can get back soon TC

Ki, that poem made me look over my shoulder. It feels like he really is here. If it were me, I would take a copy of that and read it over his grave and leave the copy there.....just so real.

I think I will leave you with just a few this time.....warning closeups may cause heart failure, but that sitting position is deadly!

Old July 29th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Kat, you're an absolute star for doing all those animations, thank you so much!

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:36 AM
besotted with buttons

oh look at that walk! Ahem- thank you Kat! Am loving this

Cheers Baltic Monkey That story just wrote itself really to tell the truth, one day I just opened Word and started, I have been hugely grateful for the attention it got and the fabulous reviews, the chance it gave me to really get into that whole thing, find out a whole world and how it has brought people together. And I did bawl, though not so silently!

It makes me smile too CD, to imagine Joe in a happier place, and maybe like Doctor Who and quantum physics say- there are several realities at any one point. Would be a good one to spend some time in...

That poem is one of my very favourites Ki, gets to the heart of it all. Thank you for posting

Old July 29th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiGirl View Post

But I know their hearts, their dreams,
I am bound to these that remember me
For the man that I was
The man that I could have been
They are mine now
Oh Ki...it couldn't be said in a more beautiful way...

And yeah...Nuit,that walk...aaayy mama!! *knees shaking*

Old July 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Good morning! Got some more for you.

From my gallery:

New, including remakes of the above two:

Old July 29th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Sorry, Going to double.....

From the gallery:

The new ones:

Old July 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM

Kat, you are killing us all with the animations but please don't stop!

Monkey, I love the letter and the desperation and need he feels when he says

I can’t drink or smoke enough, and Christ, I have tried my best.

and also

I need to kiss you again, Evie, feel your skin under my fingers

*meep*

Another favorite from Visions of Joe by Nuit:

He slipped the cloth off me shoulders before he looked down at me, and I know I heard him catch his breath. His fingers brushed over the outline of me skin, so gentle like he was tracing a picture he had held in his mind. “I’ve thought about you, lass, imagined what you would feel like, the curve of yer belly, the shape of yer breasts, sometimes, lying on that hard ground in the night, I could almost feel you. But it weren’t ever so soft, Christ, I never imagined you were so soft.”

That last line is just

I know you guys are getting ready to leave and will not be here to post so I wanted to post some more quotes from your writing. Is everyone ok with that (TC, Gem, Ki)? I know FLC isn't here much Nuit, do you think she would mind?

Last edited by CaribbeanDreamin; July 29th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:21 PM
mcamp81

I just watched Ned Kelly (in its entirety....while at work...lol) in honor of this thread and it's cause Happy Birthday!
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
besotted with buttons

Good to hear mcamp! Here's to Joe, Ned and all of them *clink*

And thank you X

I am sure she wouldn't mind at all CD XX
Thank you for your continued enthusiasm, it is much appreciated. I will be around tomorrow to do some more posting of stuff, feels good. X

Last edited by nuit; July 29th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM
besotted with buttons

double posting- sue me

Kat Kat

you are killing me woman. Guh

Old July 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Gone bush!

I love your poems Ki, have just written a few of them out to take with me

Amazing all these animations Kat & such beautiful artwork & stories by so many of you.

Wouldn't mind a 'Ned thread' myself *sigh*
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Krazy for the Elf

I think Ned might show up sometime/somewhere around the beginning of the second week of Aug Tc.

Are you ready for more then, Nuit.......or should I wait.
waiting is not my strong point anyway.

From the gallery:

and new:

Old July 30th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Sorry another double.....and a big one at that!

From the gallery:

and the new ones.......big scene eh?

Old July 30th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Dreamer

kat would not mind at all.....

This is just a lovely thread....perfect timing and all....

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**