Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > Just Orlando

Old July 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

The Weekly Theme 06/07/09 - Orlando is Special because...

A while ago someone suggested a theme to me, which had been playing in my own mind as well, that demands some deeper thought.

Sometimes we see an image of Orlando, read an article or see him in an interview and it makes us realize what a special person he really is.
Because we most certainly all have established that here by now.
(give or take a few who are in denial *gg*)

This week’s theme is “Orlando is special because....”

Try and find those images or words, that show the world how special you think he is. This can be a lot of things.
I leave it to you to decide what works for you.

For example:
you could be touched by his beauty, his big heart, his enthusiasm, his charity work, his love for dogs, his sexiness, his kindness or his heartfelt attention to his fans.

Anyway you get the picture yes?
Feel free to elaborate on any pic!

I’ll start off and give you some ideas...

Because this theme is SPECIAL, it will go on for TWO WEEKS!

Happy posting!
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Orlando once said in an interview: " I'm always amazed at anyone's interest in what I have to say."

But if he says things like this:
"Maybe our generation is more about sex, but it feels like romance is dying out." who can blame us???

Nuf said.

On with the images..
I used no clickables, cause these pics work best when they just pop up eh!

This one could not be more genuine

He let his heart speak..

Which moviestar would undergo what he did for this trip...

This one is so touching!!

sweeeeeeet..

Old July 5th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Passionately Enthralled

*ties up ovaries for this weekly theme*

I know, they will be going for a walk with me this time. This is certain...
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Awaiting a warrior prince

Here are a few to start. I have more but I'm gonna pace myself.

He's gone from mohawk to curls and is beautiful with them all. I love his personal sense of style.

He's not afraid to be himself and get a bit silly..

Family is very important to him. He is not afraid of change. He's gonna age very distinguished if you look at him next to his dad.

OMG there is no words for this one except ~ SMOKIN'! And I don't mean the cigarette! I love, love, LOVE his hair, can you tell?

Old July 6th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

oh my! Andnolewen, I have not yet come across any of the pictures you posted. (I'm savoring my search for Orliness... or it could have something to do with my busy life. )

THANK YOU!!! so much for this theme and for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoewhite View Post
Here are a few to start. I have more but I'm gonna pace myself.
snoewhite, I think that is a good idea! Otherwise there might be a lot of going on for the next two weeks. Thanks for what you shared too.
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Ohhh, that is a sush cute theme

Nothing is cutter and prooving his sweetness (?)(or kindness...) than his unicef causes !!!

He is so sweet with everybody !

How to forget Sidi ? xD

He is so funny !

His beautiful smile

The best for the end, his body of course !
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

The way he is with children. He's so wonderful with little ones!

Look how sweet his is to his fans!

And let's not forget the most obvious reason!
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Passionately Enthralled

*GULP* Are you insane? As if it wasn't already hot enough!
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Maetharanel

For me there are a few reasons why i love this guy so much. For now im going with his willingness to do things for others.

With this one hes getting a laugh from the audience at the Kids Choice Awards. He knows hes getting gunged and the look on his face is priceless

this is after the gunging and hes still smiling
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Great Theme GREAT GUY

sig by erendira :)
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
besotted with buttons

Good choice Tonny- a chance for people to express their own individuality and emotion. Will be back

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Passionately Enthralled

His eyes.

Soulful, melancholic and wisful

or rascal...

or just simply life-threateningly intense.

No matter what the expression is, his eyes get me ALL THE TIME!
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Enemy of mine...

Such a fun theme! I'll have to go through all my pics and add more. Came across this one this morning...

He's special because I can wake up feeling horrible & find a picture like this one and it makes me smile. And

Another pic that would fit the same description,

He's special because he makes friends wherever he goes and stays friends with co-stars...

(Ok, bad excuse to post that picture But Diane is in it! See! )

^

I think I'll stop for now! Great theme & love all the pics so far!!
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Passionately Enthralled

^ Well, in that last one, Liv can't deny who her father is, huh?
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Buried Alive by Love

Great theme!!! Kim lol!!
So many great reasons and pictures!!Going to be a good 2 weeks
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Thanks so much everyone so far!
Like Nuit said : A chance for people to express their own individuality and emotion

Don't be shy: We are here for one reason only and that is our love and admiration for Orlando.
So please feel free to post your thoughts and photo's and share with your fellow fans!
It will be a Celebration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beriawen View Post
No matter what the expression is, his eyes get me ALL THE TIME!
The most beautiful eyes I ever saw for sure...

Orlando is special because his enthusiasm knows no bounderies; Interviews with him are a feast

These still make me laugh!

and he is special because he grew up so beautifully as a man

These pictures below:

The moviestar and the human: He always is just Orlando

Last edited by Andnolewen; July 6th, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Krazy for the Elf

There are many reasons why Orlando is special to me, I will start here;

I believe....

He is my (not to be greedy...our) Elf Prince.

I believe....

He is a good knight.

I believe.....

He is the outlaw of our hearts

I believe....

He is our pirate "treasure".

Thank you, Orlando for bringing us these characters that have brought us many hours of fantasy.
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Passionately Enthralled

AWWWWWW..... Well, yeah... What can I say... To quote my most favourite Melissa-Etheridge song:

You brought me to trust you brought me to tears
In one tender touch the pain disappears
I have been to the sword seen it come seen it die
As we enter the dark I beseech you to try
In prophecy all good things must end
So take care my love my friend
Keep it precious
Keep it precious

This yielding is fine this promise rare
One day at a time we've agreed to dare
Holding you tight with wide open arms
I'm letting you go no stranger to harm
Go on ride your way do not break or bend
Just take care my love my friend
Keep it precious
Keep it precious

And the wonder let the wonder never cease
And the madness of the pleasure and ecstasy
Danger believing me
Wounding and healing me please
Keep it precious

I believe in your eyes I believe in your fate
I believe we can fly on the wings we create
A voice from behind calls up anger and fear
We can silence that scream it's simple and clear
Nothing must die only if failed to mend
So take care my love my friend
Keep it precious

And to post a picture of the movie I will maybe eternally link with this song:

Attachment 2814

What I want to express with this contribution is, he gives me goose-bumps, sends shivers down my back with simple expressions. And the genuine way he treats his fans makes me so very proud of being one of his supporters. I know he is well worth our admiration.

Last edited by Beriawen; October 12th, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
besotted with buttons

awwww..is so good to see all this. Kat that brought a lump to my throat- and no it wasn't the toast going down the wrong way!

Like you say Beri- is almost too much to sum up really, some of it has precious little to DO with him, he was just the catalyst, but that said is also why he is special to me. Why I feel thankful.

Ok well will give it a go. There's are those of you who know far better where he is, what he has said, what he is up to next than me, I never have much of a clue. Perhaps I shouldn't really then be an Admin of an Orlando Board, but thankfully there are those that DO know all that stuff! For me it just goes deep. Won't bore you with it all, but Orlando and this place have been a huge part of my life for 5 years or so. Brought many great things-

Aside from -ha- some the best mates a woman could have Orlando brought Joe Byrne slap bang into the picture. Never quite been the same since I saw that film- and glad of it.
So since this a pics thread and not a 'nuit rambles on' thread- some of my favourites

Physically has led me to Australia, Ireland and some sort of outlaw curls and thighs and thumbs and hero induced lust that doesn't seem to wane (*ahem* sssh Nuit) and to discover a whole new world of writing and fan fiction and personal things.
Have written lots, a burst of creativity you might say - started with the Tea Party and Visions of Joe, which I blush to say has been so wonderfully received, but also non fiction like my reports for Iron Outlaw about trips and stuff, like this

Will shut up now, you can tell I am a writer huh?

But I also love Orlando for himself (bet he is relieved huh??! ) He is a sweet man, principled, affectionate, all the things that have been said above, and I have a huge amount of respect for him. I feel honoured and grateful to be here doing this, very thankful to him for the huge amount he gives out and I have got from it all. Orlando owes us nothing, and yet we get so much for ourselves

He ALSO quite knocks me off my feet sometimes...He is special because he looks like this-

Random Nuit style hotness

Last edited by nuit; July 8th, 2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Bravo, Nuit!

... and I am really at a lack of words when I have to tell somebody WHY the heck I am a fan of Orlando. Okay, not a LACK of words, really... Usually I tend to ramble on forever about how human he is, how down-to-earth he appears to be, how devoted he is to his fans (that's why we fans are devoted to him, mostly), how loveable and kind he is with respect to others, how he treats kids, especially those who are sadly intellectually challenged, physically handicapped or otherwise of small means... what he conveys in interviews by talking about all the things that move him... not least the fact that he has not lost his willpower and hope when he fell 3 stories and broke his back but on the contrary kept on fighting just to then make a superb career and stay grounded nonetheless, never losing his nerves over the hype around him (at least not let show), always staying polite or at least even-tempered even to paparazzi who would harass him.

Show me a movie-star who had achieved so much in such a short time, who had become that famous over night but kept control of himself and not drifted off into the hell of drug and alcohol and also someone who never forgot where he had come from but has been keeping up friendships from the time before they had become famous.

I said, it's not really a lack of words... just a little difficult to sum it up and make it short. So, if someone asks me why I admire Orlando, I'll say just this, "Because he will always remain who he is and who he has always been. Orlando Bloom."

Edit: I forgot to add that sometimes people tell me that all the good things Orlando did or said could as well "just" be something to spruce up his image. Well, no. I think to do something like all these things he has done up to now or to be like that in interviews, getting over to fans who have been waiting for him and spontaneously hugging them... he truly has to be like that. Orlando does not feign all this... Even if he was the best actor in the world he would still have difficulties with just pretending to be like that.

(te-hee... fellow-writer... *nudges Nuit*)

I just let this video speak. It's the Jimmy Kimmel Interview, Sept. 13, 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijR9mJcHIvI

Last edited by Beriawen; July 7th, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Maetharanel

Nuit, Beri, you ladies have summed it up. Bravo to the 2 of you.
If it werent for him, i would never have found this place. Never would have found the friends i have found here. Wouldnt have a daily laugh with the Calendar Captions, and Weekend Fun threads.

I shall dig out some more images that speak to me about him and the way he is, and shall post them through out the next couple of weeks.
Old July 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Orlando is..... a man who has a depth to his heart and a passion for life. He attracts others to him in life and work. He brings us all together in this board and together we all face what life throws at us , because of hime we have friends who care
Attached Images

sig by erendira :)
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:29 AM
besotted with buttons

Quote:
..... a man who has a depth to his heart and a passion for life. He attracts others to him in life and work. He brings us all together in this board and together we all face what life throws at us , because of hime we have friends who care
well put Twiglet!
And thanks Beri and Mae X

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Dreamer

Orlando is special because through him I have met some of the most true and wonderful friends. I was lucky enough to get a chance to chat with him and tell him that a couple of years ago at the POTC AWE premiere in Disneyland. I had attended the DMC premiere the year before and we had waited all day and then got a glimpse of him as he had rushed past. It was very disappointing.

Imagine my shock when around a month later I recieved a signed poster from him, with my name on it. Arranged by his mother. It made me feel pretty humble that someone cared enough about me to get a message to his family that I had gone all the way from NZ and that he cared enough to respond with a poster.

So the next year I was back and the more stunning thing was that he saw my NZ flag at the AWE premiere and just grabbed my hand through the crowd and stood and talked for about ten minutes. I mentioned the poster and he got excited that I had made it again and that we had met. This was when I gave him the Tim Tams and he was thrilled that they were for him. Melted though they probably were the enthusiasm was genuine and for me I was so glad that I had a chance to say thank you.

Strangely enough it did not end there. Nuit and Gem saw him in London and presented him with Tim Tams, Gem mentioned me in LA and he remembered me! Signing a lovely note on the In Celebration flier to thank me for the TimTams. Poor Gem - she was the one that had bought the giant tin for him that time!

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old July 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Tonny, I think I have to put up a huge "THANK YOU"-sign for this theme...

You know, over the past weeks my admiration for Orlando has suffered a lot again... it seems to crumble to pieces like an old uncared for building... turning into a ruin and eventually just fall apart... This thread here is a reminder for why I originally started to admire him and this is like a restauration of the crumbling facade.

It feels like he has changed slightly from the old days to now which could as well be because he simply gets older and more mature... I seem to cling to the "old" Orlando more, honestly... but in his depth I doubt he has changed that much.

Ki, your story is heartwrenchingly beautiful. You are so lucky. And yes, this is another reason why I should just stick to Orlando no matter what tabloids say (and mix up my feelings about him). Stories like yours are the real, undisguised ones and prove how much Orlando really cares.