Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Movies/TV/Stage -various smaller roles and projects > Love and Other Disasters

Old August 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM
PreciousThing27

What is the movies plot?

What is Love and Other Disastors about?
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:29 AM
elfrose26

um... i'll look it up for ya... but that's alls i can do:
imdb

hope that helps

Last edited by Llyneth; September 19th, 2005 at 02:57 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Darlin

At imdb.com plot outline is - An American intern at U.K. Vogue helps her friends find love. Hope this helps.
Old October 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Blue Dreams

Location: In my own little world but its ok they know me here.
Orlandos role

Hey does anyone know what exactly his role is? And if it corosponds with Sams?
Old October 8th, 2005, 01:01 AM
On a Yellow Slide

merged your thread with the one on plot, Christiangirl. Not much is available yet on the details of the movie, I'm afraid.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 8th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Blue Dreams

Location: In my own little world but its ok they know me here.
SHUTE! I soo wanna see them together on screen!
Old October 15th, 2005, 11:16 PM
PirateAngel

I bet this is gonna be a good movie. I can't wait to see them together on screen!
Old October 20th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Heavenly Goddess

What's Orlando's role?

What is Orlando's role in Love and Other Disasters? Does he have a cameo role or is he an official cast member? Everywhere I read, it either says that he has a cameo role, as does Gwyneth Paltrow, or that he also stars with Brittany Murphy and Gwyneth. (In imdb.com he's listed as a cast member).

It would be so great if he's an official cast member!

Good thing that Orli says that he wants to step away from the epic roles and do more contemporary films. I really like to see him as himself. Of course, not that I don't love whatever he's in. Either way he's wins me totally over!
HE'S A GOD!!!!!
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:32 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Question has already been asked, unfortunately not much info available. Merging threads.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:26 PM
vmob84

Hope Orlando and his sister have some scenes together? He has a cameo though so :S might not happen, how big is her role anyways? Is she one of the main cast members?
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Heavenly Goddess

Oh, is Samantha going to be in it? That would be great! I didn't hear anything about that.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
fereniel

Yeah, she stars in it alongside him. I can't wait to see the film, but i'm going to have to. :)
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Laplusbelletoile

I found the plot on Luc Besson's website as he is one the producers.Here is the link:http://rafcart.free.fr/disaster.html

And a little translation:

Quote:
An Alek Keshishian movie:
With Brittany Murphy, Matthew Rhys, Catherine Tate and Santiago Cabrera
And also with Gwyneth Paltrow and Orlando Bloom
Nationality:France/England

Emily Jackson, Jacks for her friends,is a 27 years old American young fashionista who works as an assistant in the Vogue Magazine redaction in London.By her side,her best friends: Peter,her gay flatmate and Tallulah, a neurotic vamp and Jacks spends all her time doing the adviser and the go-between for their relationships. Romantic and demanding,they all dream about a perfect and movie-like Love Story.But the trouble is that there's only one word to resume their love life: DISASTER!!!
So is Love like a fantasy or like reality?

Last edited by Laplusbelletoile; January 4th, 2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thank you Laplusbelletoile for posting that description of the movie plot, it sound like an enterteining romantic comedy. I wonder what kind of role will be playing Gwyneth Paltrow and Orlando, even though it seems that it is very small because they weren`t in the set for too long.
Old January 4th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Laplusbelletoile

Well when you think about it a lil bit, as the 2 main characters' names in the movie are "Jacks" (Brittany Murphy) and "Paolo" (Santiago Cabrera) and that Paltrow and Orlando are playing "Hollywood Jacks" and "Hollywood Paolo" and also that the plot of the movie revolves around "idealized love",we can imagine that the couple Orli-Gwyneth will be the idealized and the "Hollywood" version of the couple Jacks-Paolo...But that's just PURE SPECULATIONS...
Old January 4th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Passionately Enthralled

oooohhh interesting , I never tied the info in mi mind before so, I guess that what you are thinking, sounds very much how it can actually be in the movie, Thanks for that!!!
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Aranel-calen

I don't think Im giving spoilers but I will put a warning up!!!! So beware

I watched this a few weeks ago on the internet and Orlando literally only appears at the end in a cameo because Brittany Murphey's character and her love life is turned into a film and Orlando and Gwyneth play the film versions so its all very cheest and over the top. Unfortunately Orlando is never on screen with Sam which was a little gutting but Sam's part isn't that big. For us Orlando obsessed people its worth watching but he isn't the star or anything. xxx
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
kashish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiangirl101 View Post
SHUTE! I soo wanna see them together on screen!
I will also watch this movie in this weekend with my friends.
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:07 AM
krissgale

Great comedy movie of 2008. Storyline of the entire movie contain funny and awesome dialogues, which are totally enjoyable. It crack me from start to end and i love the romantic stuffs and movement included in it.