Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Ned Kelly > The real Ned Kelly related links and stuff

Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:18 AM
Imagination Rules!

Ned Kelly Figurines

Not sure where to put this, so decided to make its own thread and the mods can move it if needs be.

Saw (and mentioned) these a couple of weeks ago - thought you might like to see them - they stand around 15 to 20 cm tall and are made of copper coated resin - not too heavy, but not too light either. Available from Prouds Jewellers - prices as marked - they should give me commission!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

(not sure why this one keeps lying down - I've tried three times to get him to sit up - looks okay on Photobucket.)

Personally I like the 'helmet' and the 'hunker' - not so sure about the half-man... If only they did Joe! Or the whole gang....

cheers
Luna
xx

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **

Last edited by Stormdancer; July 2nd, 2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Oh, thank you Luna!

The one of Ned with his helmet on is not bad; the other ones make him look about seventy years old... although they do seem to have caught his hair and beard just perfectly! Maybe it's a good thing they haven't done Joe!

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
besotted with buttons

hahah! Yeah he seems to be way past his 25 years huh?
Pretty impressive though Luna, great craftmanship all the same! The representations of Joe in the newspapers at the time (and the art on the walls in Kelly Country, not to mention The Last Outlaw) seem to suffer from the same age thing!
Had a weird dream last night, which I won't bore you with, but in part of it I was at an art gallery/museum thing with some kid who was a bit wild. He was running around and causing mayhem (sounds familiar actually) didn't care about any of the pictures I was trying to show him, or the exquisite decor (right...) but then I spotted a Ned Kelly display on the floor, had a figurine and a little cannon and stuff, so i called this lad over. Said 'do you know who this is?' he said 'of course it is Ned Kelly' and sits down to play with it, to the horror of the curator.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction

Last edited by nuit; July 2nd, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Imagination Rules!

...and then the cannon went off and suddenly all was quiet in the museum again....

Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:50 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Aww, that was cute Nuit!

~Gem~

Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Dreamer

Thanks Luna...would imagine that they would be quite heavy.

Nuit I can read so many things into that dream, one of them being that the story of Ned Kelly belongs to the people and item like Joe, Dan and Steve's armour should be in places that the people can reach. That is just one bit....

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
Awaiting a warrior prince

Nuit, why am I not surprised that you dream about NK and the gang (other than Joe *snort*)?

Snoey
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
besotted with buttons

imagine eh??
Yeah I think you might be right Ki, maybe was about that. Gem starting her tours up again too so perhaps was on my mind
Teeheee Luna!

Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
In Love

I really like that top one Luna, although it was hard to get an idea of the size, somehow it looks lifesize there! (Nice ornament for any home...) Great find. Let me know if you come across any (youthful) Joe blow up dolls models, won't you?

I bought an NK film poster recently, from eBay. I was looking at several items and got a bit confused, so rather alarmingly didn't realise until it arrived that it was about the size of one of the walls of a room in my house. My family fell about laughing, but I haven't put it up.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
Imagination Rules!

The figurines are about 15 to 20 cm high, not very big, just a nice size. For some reason, I really liked the first one too, it's what drew me. And when you look at them, Ned doesn't look TOO old, I think its just shooting through the glass at a bad angle makes him look like that. It's always Ned though, isn't it? Sigh. I grinned over your ebay purchase - would love to have seen your reaction when it arrived!

cheers
Luna
xx

Old July 4th, 2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourleaf Clover View Post
I really like that top one Luna, although it was hard to get an idea of the size, somehow it looks lifesize there! (Nice ornament for any home...) Great find. Let me know if you come across any (youthful) Joe blow up dolls models, won't you?

I bought an NK film poster recently, from eBay. I was looking at several items and got a bit confused, so rather alarmingly didn't realise until it arrived that it was about the size of one of the walls of a room in my house. My family fell about laughing, but I haven't put it up.
Hmmmm blow up Joe doll we would lose Nuit forever!

Size of the wall, huh? That is hysterical!
That is something I would do. I have a Pirates poster from Wal-Mart that is as wide as my bed. It is HUGE! But I can't get rid of it. I mean it is Will, Jack and Liz after all!

Huggles,
Snoey
Old July 4th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Why not hang the poster on the wall of that room and just call it the Joe room, FLC? Or the Australian history research room or something if you need to be a bit more discreet...

Sadly is all somewhat Ned-centred Luna; I was pleasantly surprised I was able to find a fridge magnet of each of the boys in Glenrowan. And there's a blacksmith there who sells these cast iron railway bolts (or whatever they are called) he has collected along the railway (apparently they work themselves loose), and then he engraves the names of the boys on them. Talk about an unusual and creative souvenir...

~Gem~

Old July 4th, 2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGirl View Post
Why not hang the poster on the wall of that room and just call it the Joe room, FLC? Or the Australian history research room or something if you need to be a bit more discreet...

Sadly is all somewhat Ned-centred Luna; I was pleasantly surprised I was able to find a fridge magnet of each of the boys in Glenrowan. And there's a blacksmith there who sells these cast iron railway bolts (or whatever they are called) he has collected along the railway (apparently they work themselves loose), and then he engraves the names of the boys on them. Talk about an unusual and creative souvenir...

~Gem~
Somehow Gem I just don't think that DISCREET is going to be an appropros word!

I think the fridge magnets would be really cool! The railroad spikes are unusual. Hmmmmm, that is creative.

BTW, I'm loving the Ian Jones book!

Snoey
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoewhite View Post
BTW, I'm loving the Ian Jones book!
I never doubted for a moment that you wouldn't, Snoey!

~Gem~

Old July 4th, 2008, 07:41 AM
besotted with buttons

Quote:
Great find. Let me know if you come across any (youthful) Joe blow up dolls models, won't you?
hahaahahahahhahahahaha snicker. That made me laugh.

Too true snoey though I imagine the weight would be somewhat disappointing, which can't be said for the cast iron railway bolt that nearly blew my baggage alowance all on its own! I keep it by the bed, never know, it might come in handy in case of intruders!

I did suggest that FLC pasted the poster to the ceiling when I went to stay last but she muttered about the lightshade getting in the way.

Old July 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
Too true snoey though I imagine the weight would be somewhat disappointing, which can't be said for the cast iron railway bolt that nearly blew my baggage alowance all on its own! I keep it by the bed, never know, it might come in handy in case of intruders!

I did suggest that FLC pasted the poster to the ceiling when I went to stay last but she muttered about the lightshade getting in the way.
Why Nuit, you could put a few spikes in Joe's pockets!

Tell FLC that lighting is overated! muahahahahah!!!

Snoey
Old July 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
besotted with buttons

heheehhhehehe. Yes where there is a will theres a way right?

I will mention that to FLC for next time tee hehe

Old July 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
heheehhhehehe. Yes where there is a will theres a way right?

I will mention that to FLC for next time tee hehe
Or should that be where there's a Joe there's a way????

(Oddly enough I'm listening to the old song "I can dream about you, if I can't hold you tonight.")

Smooches,
Snoey
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

I remember that song Snoe!

I've been going to mention that last Sunday I saw a Ned Kelly ornament (for want of a better word), but unfortunately it seems the company doesn't have a website to show you and have only just thought that I could have taken a photo on my phone. Anyhow, don't know if they have this sort of thing elsewhere in the world, but it was one of those sculpture things that is made out of nuts, bolts etc. The company was called Metal Entice. I have seen that sort of thing around various places, but that was the first time I'd seen a Ned one. I don't go to that shopping centre much these days, but if I do and it's there hopefully I'll remember to get a photo!
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Gone bush!

It's very odd but I don't know how I missed this thread! Thanks for that Luna-& they do look more lifesize than 20cms..& yes Ned always looks soo old, Joe too for that matter. They were young men for f**ks sake!
FLC that is some poster lol! Imagine wallpapering your house with Kelly Gang!
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:40 PM
besotted with buttons

I look forward to seeing pictures when you get them Avs! there were allsorts on Victoria and NSW, seems one can make Ned out of anything. Wasn't there one reputedly made from bread Gem?

Old July 10th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Bread doesn't ring a bell Nuit.... But I wouldn't be surprised! The Beechworth Visitor Information office has the miniature of the scene of Ned's trial made out of sugar. Looks pretty impressive too!

~Gem~

Old July 10th, 2008, 08:04 AM
besotted with buttons

Maybe I was dreaming about a nice sandwich with Kelly rump steak! Thought it was mentioned in Jerilderie, no doubt in that very friendly bakers shop.

Old July 10th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Ah the baker's shop in Jerilderie, such a friendly place, wasn't it? I think our visit was probably the next big thing after the Kelly raid in 1879... But no, still can't remember anything about a doughy Ned... Ask Ki when you see her, she may remember. And I don't think it was a Kelly rump you were dreaming of - just sayin'...

~Gem~

Old July 10th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Gone bush!

Hee hee Gem..maybe you should suggest Joe be put on the menu on your next trip, then you can all...er...eat him up!

Breakfast, lunch & dinner I would imagine!