Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old May 31st, 2007, 10:53 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Well, there are so many scenes I love ! I loved the scene on the beach at the end of the movie the most. It was so heartbreaking. I loved the scene with Will and his father at the end of the movie, the marriage and the whole maelstrohm scene. The scene where Will died was so shocking and heartbreaking too. And I loved the humor in the sequence where Will and Beckett are drinking tea. So, you see, that's a lot !

Thank you Nimue for my beautiful siggie and avi !
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:46 AM
[₪ lll о.]

Oh dear. There are sooo many. But I try to figure 'em out. I know I'm going to forget some.
  • I see dead people in boats - Elizabeth crying for her father made me cry.
  • Pintel & Ragetti: Tie up on the mast
  • Will speaks with Elizabeth in front of the steps "How can I trust you?"
  • Drinking Tea - That really freaks me out! So funny!
  • PARLEY - gush, I love that whole scene & this great music!!!
  • What shall we die for: "Hoist the Colours" - I love this touch of braveness in it.
  • the marriage & especially the kiss
  • Will dying and Elizabeth crying - It broke my heart!
  • Will & Bootstrap talking on the FD - the light in Will's eyes
  • Barbossa calling Elizabeth "Mrs. Turner" and her face after that
  • the whole beach scene, esp. the kiss and "Keep a weather eye on the horizon"
  • After Credits
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
mcamp81

You are forgetting one of the most cinematically pleasing scenes this side of visual effects break throughs. I LOVE the end of the Endeavour. I love watching Tom Hollander as he walks slowly across his deck unable to believe that he is losing. After all..it was all meant to be "just good business". Fabulous scene.

The slow motion kiss scene was splendid as well.

Davy Jones..as it starts to rain at the beginning of the Maelstrom. His face as he initially recognizes Calypso..then is angered by her release.. Amazing.

Disney's attempt to get a little Arrrr rated on us at the very end.. Little kids go to see this movie man!!

Last edited by mcamp81; May 31st, 2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:48 PM
Utterly Obsessed

The marriage scene. Not all because of Wet Will but because of the way Barbossa was swordfighting. I still find that hilarious.
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:52 PM
amnariel

Ah, it's very hard to tell after I've seen it only once :) But I'll probably see it on Saturday as well at the moment my definitelly favourite scene is Will behid the helm of FD, so piratey, so hotttt, bandana and exposed scar
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:15 AM
JuJuBean224

Well, I loved the whole movie. Its hard to decide my favorite parts.
The first: when Will died. The entire audience in my theater gasped. We were all shocked. I was ready to cry.
second: The beach scene at the end with Will & Elizabeth. All I could think when he was kissing her thigh was lucky B****!!!
Third: Jack the monkey frozen on the ship. Can we say cute. The whole theater went aww...
Fourth: Captin Jack in the brigg saying "Think like Will. Think like Will" and the part where he goes "Nobody move. I've dropped my brain"
and Last: the hilarious scenes between Barbosa and Jack!
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:52 AM
yen922

there are so many favourite scenes.....
but the Marriage Scene,Beach Scene and the credit are unforgettable.....
how can those scene be so romantic..........
marry + fighting = the wedding of Will and Elizabeth........so cool~!!!
and the beach scene........what a heartbreaking scene!!
also the credit......the green flash........
I love it!!
Old June 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM
Just Another Freak

Hands down favorite was the marriage scene. The music, the lighting, the set of up the shots, the choreography, the dialouge...everything was just beautifully done. I'm usually not one for those big romantic moments, but it just kicked a$$, and was just IT. The way they were supposed to be married.

Another scene I loved was, of course, Jack's entrance, standing tall upon the Pearl as it sails on the sand, past all of those slack-jawed in awe, and into the water.

The multiple Jacks was just great. I found it extremely creepy, but it in a good way. I believe each Jack was a part of Jack, a piece of his personality. So, it was really something to see him kill...himself. Such self-loathing act over allowing himself to be in his situation in the first place.

Lastly, Will as Captain of the Dutchman. Will has finally become his own person. Not Elizabeth's love, not Jack's pawn, not Bootstrap's Son, but Captain Will Turner.
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_erupt View Post
Hands down favorite was the marriage scene. The music, the lighting, the set of up the shots, the choreography, the dialouge...everything was just beautifully done. I'm usually not one for those big romantic moments, but it just kicked a$$, and was just IT. The way they were supposed to be married.
I completely agree. I also LOVED that fact that Barbossa was the one who performed the ceremony. That wedding scene just could not have been done better.

My other favorite scene is the "Tea Party" with Will, Beckett and Davy Jones. I think that's where Will's manipulative power shined. He was no longer awkward and naive. He was playiing the game with the bigwigs now. I loved the dialogue and how Orlando delivered it. I felt giddy with pride as Will faced down Davy Jones without fear. That was a real character development moment for me. You saw how far Will has come since we first saw him at the governor's home. He was now a man with his own agenda.

And of course, Captain Will Turner commanding The Flying Dutchman just made my heart soar.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:41 PM
Malene

Quote:

Lastly, Will as Captain of the Dutchman. Will has finally become his own person. Not Elizabeth's love, not Jack's pawn, not Bootstrap's Son, but Captain Will Turner.
Indeed!!

AWE tells Will and Elizabeth's story,really.
In an interview with Boxoffice Mojo,the screenwriters,Rossio and Elliot, say that many people misunderstand and think the trilogy is mainly about Jack. It isn't. In fact it's Elizabeth's story.Which makes sense.The movie begins with her as a child finding Will in the sea,and it ends (after the credits) with her as a woman with her own child,watching Will as her husband, coming home to her,from the sea.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:51 AM
Moosemom

Spoiler
Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Malene

He really is back.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

I must deffinately have to say that my favourite scene was the multiple jack!!
Brilliantly played by Johnny!!!
And sure .....Will is brilliant too......but I cannot say that everything was my favourite scene....I would be cheating than ........than again I would make a great pirate right!?...hmmmm will stop saying nonsense otherwise I will end up as multiple Martje........
But the whole movie was absolutly fabulous!!! Best of the three I would have to say!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Skyler

Reading everyones favourite scenes are made me want to see the film again so much!
My favourite scenes are the tea scene, loved how Will just sat there so casually sipping his tea.
All the multiple Jack scenes are just hilarious.
The wedding scene was just lovely and that kiss - so jealous of Keria.
And of course the beach scene I'm still shocked it was seen in a Disney film, it was so intense.

Skyler x
Old June 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Utterly Obsessed

In all fairness, I've decided to divide my favorite scenes into two categoriws: Non-Will Related and Will Related. And even doing that I know I'm leaving out some great scenes. But here it goes anyway:

Top Five Non-Will Related Scenes

5. Marty and the Big Gun-I have seen this movie three times and I still laugh at the scene where Marty shoots the big gun and is sent flying back into the hole. And in the final battle we see Marty firing the gun again but this time he's tied to the mast. Smart man.
4. The "Parley Scene"-Great use of music and direction. Very Western-like. Plus bonus points for the extreme close-up of Will.
3. The Gun Stand-off scene-The whole scene is great but I especially love the part where Jack the monkey pulls out a gun and Cotton's parrot says "Parley!"
2. Keith Richards' cameo-Especially loved the return of the dog .
1. All scenes with Jack the monkey-He steals the movie for me(outside of Will of course ). I especially loved the cannonball monkey.

Favorite Will Related Scenes

5. The Tea Scene-What Serein said is so true.
4. The Wedding Scene-Original yet appopiate that they should marry during the battle. Funny yet romantic(especially the slo-mo kiss.)
3. The Return of the Flying Dutchman-Once the Flying Dutchman comes back to help win the battle, I was like, "That's my man!"
2. The beach scene-Good lord, that scene is hotter and more intimate than most full blown sex scenes. Keira is so lucky.
1. The end credit scene-The most gorgeous pirate ever and probably the best ten seconds of Will ever.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!

Last edited by knightlover; June 2nd, 2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
J3nn!f3r

i really loved the movie and these are my favourite scenes

- The Credits scene. i really loved that.
- The scene on the beach.
- Will returning as captain on the Flying Dutchman.
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
amnariel

Quote:
I would not put this better myself!!

And after seeing it for the second time I still can't say "these and these" are my favourite scenes.... I love it from the first to the last second!!
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM
princessoftroy

I thought the movie was great! My favorite scenes were Marty firing the gun and being blown backwards, Jack the monkey being blown out of the cannon, the guy snapping his toe off, the tea party scene, multiple Jacks, when he tells his father that his mother looks good as a small shrunken head, and the beach scene was just wow!! I didn't think Disney had it in them to do that!! I was so sad that I didn't even know there was a credit scene. I am so happy things turned out well.
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
____amanda

Any part following when he became the captain
Then, of course, I loved all the scenes featuring Rigetti and his partner in crime; especially when they thought they'd be smart and tie themselves upside down to the mast.
Old June 9th, 2007, 08:49 AM
JuJuBean224

Favorite Quotes from AWE

My favorite is this one by Elizabeth Swann:

You will listen. LISTEN! The brethern will still be looking here to us, to the Black Pearl to lead. But what will they see? Frightened bilge rats abourd a derelict ship? No! They will see free men & freedom. And what the enemy will see is that blast of our cannons. They will hear the ringing of our swords and they will know what we can do. By the sweat of our brows and the strength of our backs and the courage of our hearts.
Gentlemen, Hoist the Colors!

Last edited by JuJuBean224; June 9th, 2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
roseofportroyal

I was so happy to see that most of the scenes I love other people love too! YAY! I absolutely LOVE the scene with Will and Elizabeth on the beach. *sigh* Love Will. I also love all the sad parts...why? I don't know. I adore the scenes where Elizabeth sees her father in the boat and Will grabs her and holds her....its so cute! I love the scene where Norrington saves her. A friend and I were sitting there and looked at each other sadly. we talked afterward and we hated him up until that point...he gained is human status back. ha ha. When Will dies...I almost cried not going to lie. i had to hold on to that friend's hand. I love the tea scene...all in all...I love the entire movie in general
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
princessoftroy

I feel the same way about Norrington. I never really cared for him up until then. I liked him better without the powdered wig. I cried when Will died and they were on the beach. You can just feel the emotion while watching the movie.
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Lilith

me too!!! i couldn't see him before...he was really arrogant and selfish...
but as
Spoiler
we have to say, also Mr. Davenport is cute lol
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
In Love

There wasn't a scene I didn't like!!

How can three hours seem so short?
Loved it, all!!
Old June 20th, 2007, 01:37 AM
mcamp81

I just got my...copy..of Pirates..today. . I'm sure I'll be back to add scenes.