Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old May 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Malene

Favourite scenes and quotes in AWE. (SPOILERS)

So what are our favourite AWE scenes?
Every scene that Will is in is a simple answer.

What sticks with me most on the emotional level is Will's death and Elizabeth's pain and grief then.That was very moving.The audience in my theatre went dead,dead silent afterwards in shock and disbelief.It was the scene that had the greatest impact on the whole audience.

I also love the battlefield wedding and the deep 360 degree slow motion kiss.Absolutely brilliant!

But I have lots more.Anyone else?
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Human News Ticker

I absolutely love the scene with Will, Beckett and Davy Jones drinking tea. I thought it was one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie and i love that Will is completely in charge the whole time.
Orlando really needs to do more comedic roles.
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Imagination Rules!

Hanging from the rigging in the end scene after the credits - and the death - and that thigh kiss! Ooooh, shiver.....

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Malene

Well,the thigh kiss almost goes without saying..can't wait for the screencaps of that!!
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Mister Badger

Hum... My favorite scene... Can I say "all the movie"?!!

Ok... I will say... When Jack says 'Up is Down' and they want to turn upside down the ship... when everybody run from one side to the other side of the boat... yes it's one of my favorite scenes...
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interconnector View Post
I absolutely love the scene with Will, Beckett and Davy Jones drinking tea. I thought it was one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie and i love that Will is completely in charge the whole time.
Orlando really needs to do more comedic roles.
What she said, esp. the last bit!
And the thigh nibbling kissing scene
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:10 PM
PirateFan

I loved, of course, the final credit scene. Sigh.....Also when Jack said "Four of you tried to kill me and one succeeded". Then when the monkey 'Jack' raised his hand after Jack asked if no one rescued him just because they missed him. :) LeeAnn
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Alive...and kicking

I agree whith you gals,see Orlando sipping his nice cup of tea(oohh sooo english)is priceless. That kiss (Antonio Banderas style) in the middle of the battle...and of course the whole love scene in the island,are to die for,so subtle,so erotic... PS: I forgot to mention a scene I love very much:when he´s on the Flying Dutchman watching Elizabeth and talking with his father...aaayyy the light in his eyes!!He took my breath away..This movie foments my "Orlandoadiction"...sigh

Last edited by erendira; May 30th, 2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Artanis

Hmmm. Favorite Scenes include:

Tea Scene
Marriage Scene
Multiple Jacks
Singapore
Brethren Court
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM
PirateFan

Favorite Scenes..Definately when Will became Captain and the ship came up out of the water. Beach scene and credit scene ..which goes without saying. LOL. I also liked when the monkey raised his hand that he had come back for Jack because he missed him..LOL

PirateFan (LeeAnn)
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Eowadia

There are too many

Tea Scene
Beach Scene
Marriage Scene
Up is Down Scene
End Credits Scene
Norrington Redeeming Himself Scene
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Passionate about the Elf

I liked all of the ones you had all mentioned and the one where Jack is in the brig and has just broken out with "leeeverage" and the one Jack that is part of the ship yells to the other Jacks, "Don't move!! I've dropped my brain"

Mirk
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Artanis

That line made me nearly choke on my popcorn it was so funny.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Lilith

so...
the wedding scene
Up is Down (so much fun!!!)
the multiple Jack on the Black Pearl
the "4 of you tried to kill me and one of you succeded"
end credit scene
what else.....everytime Orlando is on camera!!!!!
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:09 PM
besotted with buttons

i have three...no four..no..ah!! it is a great movie- nor sure how comprehensible to anyone without intimate knowledge of pirates and even then it had its moments BUT overall just brilliant.
number one The Jacks- what a feat of incredible mime and interpretation- some one somewhere in an early review talked about avant garde and it is. Pure surrealism where the point is to use the bizarre and incredible to inform an insight into reality. In this case Jack's hell- with no wind no water and only himself to plague and torment, an endless round of examinations of his own personality and life choices, and as Magic pointed out to me- reflected in his dad's words- the trick is to live forever with yourself. Absolutley stunning both interms of acting and in terms of drawing out some of those underlying themes. Is Kafka and Dali and a weird take on Dante all in weird monochrome. And beautiful Jack.
The Brethren Court- that whole scene is just fantastic- Elizabeth at her best Barbossa sublime, Keith Richards and Jack as himself- the perfect orchestrator, magical, complex, moral and just YES!
Will as Captain- He REALLY took my breath away- a step beyond that left me thinking OMG why doesn't he just walk around like that All the time??- I am sure I would. haahah well you know if I was 30 male and all. He is beautiful and powerful and himself- no longer in jack's shadow, bound by honour and responsibilty- as Will is from the start- but here a pirate too and perfect perfect. And is SO freaking sexy it takes your breath away- oh I said that

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction

Last edited by nuit; May 30th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:53 PM
White Masque

Favorite scenes...favorites scenes...ah, I have a few.

The tea scene definately. I was cracking up silently at seeing Will/Orlando just simply drinking tea so properly; it didn't seem like him at all.

The little fights between Barbossa and Jack, especially the ones involving the spyglasses where Jack looks disappointed at his small one then later whips out his 3 foot long one.

Jack the monkey being shot out of the cannon...enough said.

The wedding. All my friends and I agreed we're gonna re-enact that scene for our weddings. Sweet swordfight!

Jack scrutinizing the crew when they rescue him at Davy Jones' Locker. His "You scare me," to Pintel and his comment to Ragetti about not having them join the ride back to reality.

Elizabeth whipping all the pirates into shape and getting them to fight Beckett when she was the Pirate King...Queen...whatever. I kept thinking, "Ha! Girl Power!"

And I mustn't forget, anytime with Captain Turner in his bandana or basically any time he was on camera.

Last edited by White Masque; May 30th, 2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Aviator

my two favorites, as of right now that is, is Jack's opening scene in Davy Jones' lover and when they flip the ship over. such brilliance.
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Lilith

oh yeah White Masque!!!!

the fighting between Barbossa and Jack....how many laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when they scream the orders "i am the captain!!"
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Eleutherios

I've got to say that I loved the Tea scene for all the reasons already mentioned. Orlando really commands that scene and it's so funny that they act all staid and British whilst brokering a deceit.

I giggle insanely at the "what arrr you doing?" "what are *you* doing?" thing and I've already started using those voices IRL hehe! eg What are *you* watching (on tv)? What arrr you on about? etc etc

I loved the parrot too. When they find Jack in the locker and it squawks "hide the rum". And when the monkey points the gun at it and it squawks "parley".

Oh and the random Goat that seems to attract the amorous advances of multiple Jack hehe! Plus it was an LJ moment. That goat totally has to be named Frank.

Plus Orlando was just quiver-inducing for the whole movie which as lovely *le sigh*
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:01 AM
Alive...and kicking

Nuit,I absolutely agree with you,today I´ve seen it for the second time,and that scene of" multiJacks" is pure surrealism,just brilliant.And talking of Captain Turner,if you see my previous post I said:"he took my breath away" too.So,sister,I know very well what you feel.
PS:Today I notice,at the end of the movie when Jack is asking Gibbs why his ship is gone,that he carries his mother´s head,hanging from his waist...

Old May 31st, 2007, 12:42 AM
besotted with buttons

yeah! *high five* i have many other favourites scenes but those were the best for me, is a great film
I did notice the shrunken head too- perfect Jack

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:54 AM
Nimue

I think I'll go with the crowd here and say all the scenes with Bandana Will and the tea scene.

And Will at Elizabeth's knee...just thinking about it makes me, well... nevermind.

Also, in DMC and AWE, I think all the shots of the Flying Dutchman coming out of the water are the coolest thing ever put on film.

The whole parlay scene.

And the sailor who snaps his toe off just cracks me up everytime.
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:03 AM
Frodo's_chic

I have two. The flipping of the boat. And other with Jack is in the cell. "Noboby move. I seens to have dropped my brain. MAn was that funny.
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:53 AM
Passionately Enthralled

ORLANDO PULLING ON HIS BOOT, THEN TAKING THE BOOT OFF ELIZABETH AND KISSING AND CARESSING HER LEG !!! AND THEN THE DRAMATIC KISS ON THE WATER'S EDGE !!! O.M.G.......

The rest of the movie was great, but paled in comparison to this scene.
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:01 AM
Artanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggybelle View Post
ORLANDO PULLING ON HIS BOOT, THEN TAKING THE BOOT OFF ELIZABETH AND KISSING AND CARESSING HER LEG !!! AND THEN THE DRAMATIC KISS ON THE WATER'S EDGE !!! O.M.G.......

The rest of the movie was great, but paled in comparison to this scene.
I just had the running thought of "Why can't it be my leg?!"

But, yeah, I loved that scene.