Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old February 6th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Nadz

Got mine today, definately going to watch it tonight.
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Catz

a few caps

Just to wet your appetite a few caps from the production stills gallery.
Photographs by Neal Preston. I don't thinkthere's anything new but with so many stills on the net I am no longer certain.

Too busy watching the movie again to cap too much.

xxxx
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Elven Queen in Training

Hey look, Sidi's winking. Probably saying, "Don't worry lads and ladies I'll give Orlando a great big smooch for all of you!"
Old February 7th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Utterly Obsessed

wha u already got it Nadz? tomorrow i attack it in Wal-Mart after school
Old February 7th, 2006, 03:28 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Ooh, thanks for the perty caps so far there, Catz!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old February 7th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Just reading :)

Smile

Mine is in transit!!! Of course is goint to take a while since it has to change countries, but I can't wait!!!! I want to see the extended scenes!! Since I bought the book I want to see wich scenes where done!!!

Hugs , be well and take care.
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

I bought it yesterday. I haven't seen it yet so I am looking forward to the weekend when I get some time if I can wait that long.

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me
Old February 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Can't wait to pick mine up this morning then I can watch Drew to my hearts content.
Old February 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Photo Fanatic

Only saw it once in the theater, but when I watched the dvd over the weekend I didn't notice any "extended" scenes. There are two "extras" called "extended scenes", one which is the full video of Bob the Builder (the video Drew gets for Samson) and the other is a sort-of documentary showing the cast and crew filming the scene in the bar in Memphis, with the bartender telling "Drew" stories of past musicians. I've capped up until Drew sees his father in the casket, but I had a full screen version instead of a widescreen. No Drew missing since he's pretty much central to each scene though!
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM
MinnesoterOne

^is the proud owner of said DVD...

Skeee.... =D
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Mine is in transit, too (from the UK) - it was posted in the mail last wednesday - stupid customs, they always leave DVDs and the like for about a week lying around at Frankfurt airport before it gets to my house! Hey, it's not a bomb or something!!!

I can't await it!!!

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ

Last edited by nazgul88; February 7th, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Balian's Lover

I'm getting mine tomorrow at Future shop, it comes with an extra behind the scenes bonus disk if i buy it there, cost about a doller more than wal-mart, but its worth it.
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki16
... it comes with an extra behind the scenes bonus disk
What? - there is a double DVD version existing? - with behind the scenes bonuses?

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Balian's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88
What? - there is a double DVD version existing? - with behind the scenes bonuses?

~ Naz ~
i dont know, it just says in the Flyer for it that its a deluxe eddition just says theres behind the scenes, it also has 17 minute on the road featurette, thats all it tells me. i will find out tomorrow.
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Aranel-calen

I have not seen the film yet but plan to buy it once my money comes through, but does Drew really get Bob the builder that is sooo cute. I love that kiddie programme, but kinda got sick of it after its Christmas number 1. Anyway back on topic I can't wait to see it have seen all the TV spots for the DVD, although you only hear me shouting at Kirsten in a fit of jealousy soz Kirsten hehe
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Crazy in Love

GOTTA BY IT FROM BEST BUY PEOPLE!!!!!!! THERE IS A 17 MINUTE NEVER BEFORE SEEN BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! A longer version of "On the Road to Elizabethtown!" I got so excited!!!!!! I have the DVD! Drew is mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

Pretty disappointed though with the extended scenes, I mean, what were those? LOL! I am hoping, and praying, for a better DVD...

Haaaaaaay. I am so happy!
Old February 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Malene

Amby.
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Sairalindė

where there any extra discs for the one from best buy???
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Etoiline

Wow, good for me that I had decided to go by Best Buy tonight to get it anyway

The extras seem a little thin, so I am hoping for another disc somewhere down the road...

unfortunately I still have at least an hour left here until I can go shopping! Ah well. Gotta make money somehow...

~Cal
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambayuun
GOTTA BY IT FROM BEST BUY PEOPLE!!!!!!! THERE IS A 17 MINUTE NEVER BEFORE SEEN BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! A longer version of "On the Road to Elizabethtown!" I got so excited!!!!!! I have the DVD! Drew is mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!
So Amby, is this extra DVD different from the one Best Buy put out a few months ago? Since I got that DVD, I thougnt the one they were promoting this week was the same one. Therefore, I went to Wal-mart to get my E-town DVD.

Speaking of Wal-mart, when my mom and I went there this afternoon, around 2 PM, they didn't even have the DVDs displayed yet. The display case was still in the storage room in the back. After waiting a minute they finally brought out the display case and handed me one of the DVDs. My mom(Leggybelle) was able to convince them to give us a wooden E-town banner. It's a nice red one with Elizabethtown written on it and the picture of Drew and Claire smiling nose-to-nose inside a heart. Now I just have to find room for it.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Crazy in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlover
So Amby, is this extra DVD different from the one Best Buy put out a few months ago?
OH, it is different! i havent watched all of it yet because I had to go to school, but GOD, you know when I say IT IS DIFFERENT, because I've watched ALL etown featurettes etc.

It is a longer version of the ON THE ROAD TO ELIZABETHTOWN. Close to 20 minutes. It is not a penny like the other one, but this one is actually INSIDE THE DVD case.

Talking about the case, I didnt know it had a clip on it?! I mean that you have to click something open to open it? I was so frustrated I couldnt open after peeling of that DARN STICKER, and... I broke my DVD case. LOL! Oh well.

The picture gallery is the best DVD EXTRA here. The BEHIND THE SCENES photos are lovely. I so wanna kidnap NEIL PRESTON, for he seems to have so many more HIDDEN Drew Pictures... Haaaaaay.

I cant wait to get studying for tomorrow's midterm and get jiggy with DREW.+

Oh, and it is only 16.99 in BEST BUY, as they offer the best prices!!!

I love the volume 2 soundtrack too! 9.99 in BEST BUY.

Last edited by ambayuun; February 8th, 2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Angry Not the greatest dvd

Hi, I've had my copy of the E-Town dvd for a couple of weeks and I was disappointed by it. There is no commentary, no interviews, no true behind the scenes section and two very boring deleted scenes. The movie's only good point is that Orlando is in basically every scene so I was hoping that the dvd would have a lot of extras worth viewing, but no. Sorry to disappoint.
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:02 AM
British Boy Lovin' Goon

Well, I just got done watching my own copy of Elizabethtown, and while I was sketchy on buying it for sure as it was mad overpriced as all DVDs are, I gave into it.

Special features we wont even get into. But the movie, however? The movie was...better. Okay, when I put it like that, it sounds bleak, but there was something about it that just felt different. I loved it when I saw it in theatres but it had things about it. Orlando things. That I couldn't put my finger on.

Okay, his accent.

Whether it was Cameron or Orlando or someone at the studio or SOMEBODY...he managed to re-ADR ETown. If you haven't gotten the DVD and are sketchy on the idea, maybe that will be some new incentive. I would say his narrative is 95% re-recorded as well as a bunch of subtle lines here and there. They really added to my enjoyment of the movie being fixed and now I finally feel like it's a totally rounded performance.

Anyone else who's watched it notice it, or is it just me?
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Crazy in Love

i dont think anything was re-recorded, Anna. I really don't think so. I watched it, and it is the same to me. Hmmmm... I think we just got used to the accent a little better.
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:12 AM
British Boy Lovin' Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambayuun
i dont think anything was re-recorded, Anna. I really don't think so. I watched it, and it is the same to me. Hmmmm... I think we just got used to the accent a little better.
No, I don't know, I managed to get my hands on a copy of ETown before I got the DVD and before my computer crashed, I watched it, it was pretty different, esp. the "a fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions made to feel other people feel more alive, because it didn't happen to them" bit. Or whatever the line is. I esp. noticed it on the last line, about the Salmon and jet plane part. I can't be imagining this because some parts just seemed SO different. In a good way.