Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old June 12th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Wow, that is so incredibly interesting, ambayuun. And I have to say, Orlando is right, Tim Tams are definitely like an orgasm in your mouth! THE best chocolate cookie EVER created!
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Crazy in Love

Gosh... I googled and this is what TIM TAMS are...

My God, Orlando, did you mean it literally? Did my dreams just come true?
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:04 AM
vmob84

I'm wondering what Tim Tams and why they think its like an orgasm in the mouth...hmmm I wanna go to Aus and NZ!! gah

edit: oh that's what Tim Tams are!? damn those look good!! I love chocolate! ahhh that looks yummy!!!

Last edited by vmob84; June 12th, 2006 at 05:10 AM.
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Best way to eat a Tim Tam? Bite off one corner at the top, then bite off the opposite corner from the bottom, stick then bottom in your cup of coffee, and suck! I can't tell you what that's called cause I'd get modded, but it is totally to die for!
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Crazy in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel
Best way to eat a Tim Tam? Bite off one corner at the top, then bite off the opposite corner from the bottom, stick then bottom in your cup of coffee, and suck! I can't tell you what that's called cause I'd get modded, but it is totally to die for!
Oh my God! I heard about TIM TAMS... I heard a friend saying something about that ritual of eating TIM TAMS with coffee... COOL!
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Frecklescounter

Thanks for the info Amby!
I never heard about TIM TAMS before so I googled it, too. And found a very informative site...
http://about-australia-shop.com/timtams.htm
Maybe that's the reason for, uhm, 'more' Orlando?
Quote:
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER BISCUIT (Tim Tam Original) Energy 393kJ, Protein 1.0g, Fat 4.9g (Saturated 2.4g), Carbohydrate 11.3g (Sugars 8.2g), Sodium 31mg.
I would like to have an Orlando orgasm in my mouth, too.

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old June 12th, 2006, 06:04 AM
frogglez

Tim Tams = yummy! And there are now so many different flavours, you get stuck in the supermarket aisle trying to pick out a packet or two.

Orlando sucking down Tim Tams =

Old June 12th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Just Another Freak

Quote:
I think the character fans might have to reassess is Elizabeth, for some reason she was let her off easy in the first movie, even though she barters herself to Norrington, lying in order to get him to turn around and go save Will, and a lot of good sailors died as a result of that deed -- so what is her essential nature? She has demonstrated, time an again, she is more of a pirate than any of them. I am VERY interested to see how the fans will react to our story -- it is in fact the key question, the one that will define the fate of the franchise!
I thought that was a very interesting assessment of Elizabeth...

Thanks for bringing this over Amby.
Old June 12th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Bewitched

I love reading Terry's blogs ... thanks for bringing it here, Amby!

Oh, and here's specific instructions should any of us Yanks be able to score some TimTams: How to eat a TimTam.

I've always thought handmade chocolate truffles on the tongue transported one to other planes, but perhaps I should try this Aussie delicacy. Think the Aussie stores in the US have enough stock for all of us?

Old June 12th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Human News Ticker

You are all missing out, tim tams are absolutely fabulous although i don't think i like them as much as Orlando does

Thanks for posting that amby and it's great that Terry and Orlando seem to get along so well.
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
vickster

Lol, I second all this TimTam worshipping! They're So yummy that I can't understand why they havn't been exported to other countries before...does anyone remember on Rove when he sent TimTams to all the deprived international celebrities? :)
Anyway, getting back to the topic, I love hearing of Orlandos personality, and I would LOVE to see him and his father together.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:07 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Wow, I had thought about it before, that Tim Tams aren't a world-wide thing! Mmmmmmm, the Tim Tam straw Gooey chocolate biscuit Definately works better with coffee than tea. The pic posted by amby isn't the original Tim Tam, looks like it might have been the black forest one. Only one I can think of with the dark centre, caramel would be lighter.

Thanks for posting the blog amby
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:25 PM
arwen_undomiel

Thanks for bringing it here Amby. Funny association with the food
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Frecklescounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Mists
Wow, I had thought about it before, that Tim Tams aren't a world-wide thing! Mmmmmmm, the Tim Tam straw Gooey chocolate biscuit Definately works better with coffee than tea. The pic posted by amby isn't the original Tim Tam, looks like it might have been the black forest one. Only one I can think of with the dark centre, caramel would be lighter.

Thanks for posting the blog amby
Black Forest one? I live near the Black Forest so I'm very curious what they taste like! Sounds like they made them for elves. Delicous Aussie Lembas...

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Dead in a Dead Mans Chest

Quote:
This gets filed under 'gee life must be tough' category. The actors have a lot of down time in between set-ups or before they are called to set. Orlando Bloom has just started to play chess, and needs someone to play with. As a writer on set, after the scene is blocked and rehearsed, I'm one of the few people without a specific task, at a specific time, and that makes me available. So Orlando's assistant would often track me down and say, "Orlando wants a game!" It turns out we're nearly exactly equal in our ability (well he would say he's a little better and I would say I'm a little better). Actually, we're each just not good enough to screw up at least once a game, which makes for some grand, rollicking, sea-saw battles. Orlando is particularly good when he is in trouble, he can strike out when he's on the run. And we are both super-super-competitive people, but it was still a lot of fun, Orlando was equally excited about a good play, whether it was for him or against him
Orlando is good in chess !

Quote:
Playing chess gave me an opportunity to study Orlando's face as he studied the board -- yeah I know that sounds weird, but there was an Orlando Bloom calendar on the table he was supposed to sign, and that got me to wonder, what exactly makes this guy so good looking? So I stared and stared, and I couldn't figure it out, like most actors he has a symmetrical face, and a megawatt smile. Then I noticed his eyelashes, wow, strikingly perfect and full, I wonder if that's a big part of it?
And wow his eyelashes are perfect !!!!! ^^ omg

Last edited by Shallow; June 12th, 2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:58 PM
OURSOULINA

Terry, if you are curious about what makes Orlando good looking, and that's an understament(he is not only good looking, he is an orgasm, I mean a piece of art)come visit this forum. You 'll get a thousand and more reasons from each of us why we love this man and what makes him so delicious, like the Tim-Tams. By the way, you all speak about these biscuits and I am drooling over the keyboard . I would love to eat them, I am a big chocolate lover. Orlando with and chocolate! My two favorite things! And I have a question: what game is Perudo, exactly? I never heard of it. Does anyone know?
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Gibboo

Quote:
The exception are Tim Tams, available only in Australia and New Zealand, "Like an orgasm in your mouth," he exclaims
OMG I love those!! Um I mean the cookie *stops before getting modded*... I have ordered them with birds pudding (which is yuck BTW) online after reading about him eating them in NZ all the time. You can find tim tams in the US I found them a while ago in the foreign food section of Stop and Shop.
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Arnotts should be paying Orlando for this promotion of Tim Tams...

They do seem to be available in the US, at least in some places and through mail order. I found this: http://about-australia-shop.com/timtams.htm They have also included some serving suggestions...

I may be biased but Tim Tams are my favourite chocolate biscuit, and drinking your coffee through one is truly divine!

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!

Last edited by GeminiGirl; June 15th, 2006 at 03:08 AM.