Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
OBsessed

Soundtrack and Related News

5. What color is Drew’s identification badge?

You’re done!

~~~~~

Because I'm a soundtrack freak, I thought I'd get an early jump on this one...I haven't been able to find much at all on the music for the film, except that Nancy Wilson will do the original music (as she does for most of CC's movies)...I loved the track they used to have over at CC.com...I can't remember if it was part of the pre-prod stuff...

Anyway-if anyone knows anything yet, or cares to contribute as we get closer to the release-here you go!

:)

Last edited by Serein; August 15th, 2005 at 07:06 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:03 PM
Jack's Aunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthcrosser
Because I'm a soundtrack freak, I thought I'd get an early jump on this one...
Me too, I'll let you know if I hear of anything.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
arwen_undomiel

ow Im also soundtrack freak to be honest. I am so curious, I hope it will be such a good, acustic and soft rock music
Old June 23rd, 2005, 02:27 PM
OBsessed

I just read a blurb at Ka-Bloom that said Paul Westerberg would be doing some tunes for it....sounds like it may be a softer version of Singles. Which suits me just fine!

If I hear any more info I'll post it.
Old June 26th, 2005, 08:03 PM
In Valinor

Thanks to elfofmirkwood for the link, head on over to Nancy & Ann Wilson's site Heart Music to read a short blurp about scoring 'Elizabethtown' (scroll down, posted May 16th) and a snippet about Nancy and Cameron showing 20 minutes of the film at CIMS (posted May 29th).
Old June 27th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Jack's Aunt

Thanks very much for the link, EL & elfofmirkwood
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:39 PM
OBsessed

thanks, Ladies!!!
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:27 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Technical info about the score

From MIX:

This might interest some of the musicians out there!
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:11 AM
On a Yellow Slide

thanks thalassatx!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:19 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Thanks thalassatx , that was quite an interesting read. I love the instruments they're using, should sound great!
Quote:
"It's an all-wooden live recording—guitars, mandolins, autoharp, harp, hand percussion,”
Old July 4th, 2005, 12:34 AM
captainfla

i do know that the song from the 7 minute trailer is Learning To Fly by Tom Petty and from the theatrical trailer it's My Father's Gun by Elton John if that's any help to you!
Old July 13th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Mirkwood Archer

Location: Sixth tree to the left of the sleeping Ent, Eryn Lassgalen
The soundtrack will be out September 13th! :)

Billboard
Quote:
My Morning Jacket Channels Skynyrd In Crowe Film

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

My Morning Jacket has often drawn comparisons to such southern rock forebears as Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers Band, even if they're rooted more in its members' long-haired, bearded appearances than their music.

But in Cameron Crowe's new film "Elizabethtown," set in MMJ's home state of Kentucky, the group openly embraces the similarities, portraying a local band rocking through a cover of Skynyrd's classic "Freebird." The performance elevates to another level when a stuffed bird intended as a stage prop catches fire and activates the sprinkler system, soaking the patronage.

"He's an amazing, sweet man," My Morning Jacket vocalist Jim James told Billboard.com in 2003, when the band was first getting acquainted with Crowe. "He's truly awesome, but anybody knows that from seeing his movies."

Due Oct. 14 in U.S. theaters, "Elizabethtown" stars Orlando Bloom as a down-on-his-luck industrial designer who turns over a new page when he returns to his Kentucky hometown for his father's funeral. An extended trailer for the film, set to Elton John's "My Father's Gun," can be viewed at Elizabethtown.com.

The soundtrack will be released Sept. 13 via RCA, although the track list is still under wraps. Original music was provided by Crowe's wife, Heart guitarist Nancy Wilson, while fellow singer/songwriter Loudon Wainwright III appears in the film as the character Uncle Dale.

Paul Westerberg previously told Billboard.com he had given Crowe several songs for possible use in conjunction with “Elizabethtown,” but it is unknown if any of them appear on the soundtrack.

In related news, My Morning Jacket's highly anticipated new album, "Z," has been bumped from its original Sept. 20 release date to Oct. 4, according to ATO/RCA.
Dairwendan
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:37 AM
luv4ever

thanx dairwendan. yay! sept 13 soundtrack!
Old July 14th, 2005, 03:12 AM
BunnyLove

I am also looking forward to the soundtrack for this film. I have been a huge CC fan ever since Fast Times and I know that I'm always going to like whatever he puts in there.

I also just have to say how much I love Nancy Wilson's stuff as well. I had the opportunity to see her and Ann perform as Moondoggies in Las Vegas about 5 years ago and was lucky enough to see them at a County Fair in Wisconsin two summers ago. There is NOTHING better than the acoustic stuff - FABULOUS!

I can't wait for this film! Between Orlando, Cameron's directing and Nancy's music, I can't see myself NOT liking it.

Thanks for the article link thalassatx - very interesting.

Bunny
Old August 6th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Crazy in Love

from imdb.com here.

Quote:
'Elizabethtown' promo available Aug. 16
The movie's release is still a few months away, but the music almost is here.

A promotional EP for the movie "Elizabethtown" titled "Songs From the Brown Hotel," where parts of the movie were shot in Louisville, will be available in select independent music stores, including Ear X-tacy in Louisville on Aug. 16.

The EP will feature songs from director Cameron Crowe's wife Nancy Wilson, Elvis Presley, My Morning Jacket, Patty Griffin, Bill Monroe and Sun Kilmoon.

Quantities are limited as only 5,000 CDs and 1,000 albums will be pressed.

Crowe also has plans for some of the proceeds. He will donate $1 from each CD or album sold, and Ear X-tacy will match Crowe's donation with an extra $1 for each CD or album sold in their store. Those donations will go to the Center for Women and Families in Louisville.

The movie is slated to open nationally Oct. 14.
Old August 6th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Suze

Looks good!
Old August 6th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Crazy in Love

To buy the album I mentioned above, click the image.

Old August 6th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Just Another Freak

Thanks for the link Amby.
Old August 6th, 2005, 06:41 PM
luv4ever

cool! thanks for that ambayuun. but theres still gonna be another full soundtrack thats gonna be sold everywhere right?
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:08 AM
DebbieF

Elizabethtown Soundtrack and Screenplay Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4ever
cool! thanks for that ambayuun. but theres still gonna be another full soundtrack thats gonna be sold everywhere right?
Yes, the one that ambayuun mentions is called Elizabethtown: Songs From the Brown Hotel and is a special limited edition (5,000 copies only) promo disk of 6 songs that is not available at most stores; the store selling it (ear X-tacy) is an independent store in Louisville, Kentucky, and the release date is listed as August 16. The disk is available online from this store for $5.08. Here is the link.

The full soundtrack is due for release on September 13th. There are no songs listed for it yet, but it is now available for pre-order at places like Amazon.com.

In addition, I noticed that the screenplay for Elizabethtown is also available for pre-order. It's due for release on September 26. (see Amazon.com link here).
Old August 7th, 2005, 04:13 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Why, thank you Debbie and ambayuun for the info! I'm glad somebody is on top of Orlando Elizabethtown information.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Etoiline

Wow, thanks for that link. I'll have to check it out. I have to say I'm not that familiar with any of Cameron Crowe's movies, or by extension the soundtracks in said movies, so it would be nice to check out some samples of the songs in the movie. Anyone know of links to said samples? I'll have to decide if I really want to buy it...it's onkly $5, but still, I might be going to Vegas next year so I'll need to be saving all my money

~Cal, who uses 'said' too often
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Pumpkin Spice

From Billboard.com:

Quote:
MMJ, Elton, Petty Head 'Elizabethtown' Soundtrack

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Although the full track list has not been finalized, My Morning Jacket, Elton John, Tom Petty and Ryan Adams are confirmed to appear on the "Elizabethtown" soundtrack. Due Sept. 13 via RCA, the album accompanies writer/director Cameron Crowe's latest film, which arrives Oct. 14 in U.S. theaters.

As previously reported, members of My Morning Jacket appear in the film as the band Ruckus, which also includes actor Paul Schneider and Crowe's cousin, Charlie Crowe. In one scene, Ruckus performs the Southern rock staple "Freebird" but inadvertently activates the sprinkler system when its stage prop catches on fire.

Months later, My Morning Jacket lead singer Jim James is still raving about the experience. "It was fantastic," he tells Billboard.com. "It's funny to go into that movie world and see all the ways it is similar and different than making music and touring. Those people work so hard and so late. It's just insane. It's nothing like anything I imagined it would be."

MMJ will have at least one song on the soundtrack, "Where To Begin," which was recorded during sessions for its upcoming ATO/RCA album, "Z." The group has also donated a live recording of "I Will Be There When You Die" to the "Elizabethtown" soundtrack companion "Songs From the Brown Hotel," which will be available beginning Aug. 16 via the Coalition of Independent Music Stores' Junket Boy imprint.

"Elizabethtown" stars Orlando Bloom as a down-on-his-luck industrial designer who turns over a new page when he returns to his Kentucky hometown for his father's funeral. An extended trailer for the film, set to Elton John's "My Father's Gun," can be viewed at Elizabethtown.com.

Crowe says the movie is "probably even more of a musical than [his 2000 semi-autobiographical film] 'Almost Famous.' The music is as important as any of the characters -- it's the movie's inner voice, a friendly guide and a secret muse."
Old August 9th, 2005, 01:31 AM
luv4ever

great info pumpkin spice. now we know a few of the songs on the soundtrack
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM
arwen_undomiel

I cannot wait so hear it. Im freak about music, and I collect soundtracks of many movies.
and i love the song "Learning to fly" its really great.