Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
Frecklescounter

I have the book to the movie. As far as I remember it wasn't mentioned what was wrong with the shoes but there are a few scenes at the end who wasn't shown in the movie:

Scans by me.

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:23 PM
at world´s end and beyond

so. the spasmoticas were a big success after all?? Now I want a pair of those

thanks for the scans, choco :)
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Thank you so much, Chocolover!

Why didn't they leave those parts in the movie? So the shoes were a success, and his partner was reinstated, so that means he will get his job back. But, in the movie at the newsstand, he saw the article. Hmmm. I think I need to find that book.

Thanks again for making the scans.
Old August 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM
OrlyB&BenBfangrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberRose View Post
I loved Elizabethtown. I am not a romantic movie girl at all. I love action, adventure,drama,horror. I rarely watch these type of movies. I had to see it because Orli was in it. It wasn't a role he has really done before. I thought he did a wonderful job. The movie was great, had lots of emotions. It wasn't a sappy love story. I think that was the brilliance of the movie.It was about Drew discovering himself and realizing life is worth living. I thought Kirsten was very cute and likable. The road trip was my favorite part of the movie. The scenes with his" dad" were so heart felt.I really wouldn't mind seeing Orlando do more movies like Elizabethtown.
The only reason why I watch this movie is yes... Orly! but I think he should stick to movies where his character is in charge (ie. KOH, LOTR, POTC)... Drew was confused and had no idea what he had to do... that's just what I gotta say!
Old February 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM
mcamp81

I am spending this lonely Valentine's Day with Drew Baylor and making heart shaped cupcakes, wishing I was someone's Claire.
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Time to watch Elizabethtown again. Valentine's Day isn't lonely if you watch Drew with Claire, right?
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Great new review of the movie at this link:
http://www.zoiksonline.com/2010/10/c...revisited.html
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
chronicler of Ibelin

Location: Germany - some miles northwest of Hamburg - but in my mind I'm living at Ibelin, Port Royal...
At least justice - after five years!

Really a wonderful review.

What man is man, who doesn't make the world better?

Balian of Ibelin
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thank you so much for bringing this over, May!

Quote:
We must believe in Drew's desperation or he seems merely pathetic. Orlando Bloom does a fabulous job lifting the audience past logical inconsistencies enough that they don't sink the film but its close. If you don't like Bloom and aren't willing to believe his desperation and sadness you will be left out of “Elizabethtown.”
SO true! And to put it more precisely, "If you don't like Bloom and aren't willing to believe any of the emotions he's portraying, you will be left out of every Orlando-movie."

Honestly, that statement is spot-on. Orlando mostly gets bad reviews from people who more than obviously just don't like him. Not as an actor, but because the guys who criticise him just don't like him as a man. I often think that it's just their disguised low self-esteem that makes them compare themselves to Orlando just to find that they are either much uglier or much less successful in their own jobs and thus become jealous. And to vent their rage which should be focused on themselves, they take it out on Orlando - who might even happen to be their girl-friends' crush. If they think Orlando was a bad actor, they have probably never watched a Chuck-Norris-movie.

Quote:
What man did not at one time long for his very own Claire?
I am not a man, but I long for my very own Claire. Okay... in a male body looking like Drew though, but... yes.

Quote:
Orlando Bloom has never been this winning and Dunst is cuter than ever. I want these two characters together and that proves just how effective Elizabethtown is. Even with its massive flaws these characters and their romance are irresistible.
Where is the pen and where do I have to sign this? I'll do it right away.

Also, this critic has pointed out a lot of things that confused even me. Like, when did Claire make that huge map with all the tourist info, fitting music and so on?

To be honest, the film had some plot-holes larger than those in AWE but do we care? I mean, WE?

Okay. Now I have to watch that again tonight.

Last edited by Beriawen; October 20th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:09 PM
chronicler of Ibelin

Location: Germany - some miles northwest of Hamburg - but in my mind I'm living at Ibelin, Port Royal...
Beri, referring to plot-holes bigger than in AWE: I take Elizabethtown as a kind of fairytale, despite the fact it is playing in our days, a modern fairy tale... And I like fairy tales...

What man is man, who doesn't make the world better?

Balian of Ibelin
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
In Love

I took it as a fairytale as well, set in modern times. I think it was a great story.
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Yeah... I can deal with this thought, too.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:39 AM
In Love

Claire was one of those people I watched and went, wow I wish I could be like that! It's just one of those stories.
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

That's a nice review. 'Bout time!
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Adoring

Hi Everybody,

I have a question for all of you knowledgeable Olers. I am watching Elizabethtown on Netflix and it seems to be a bit different. Has anybody else noticed this or am I just in lala land?

I chose to watch this tonight after the pic in the calendar section today.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Peace,
Renee
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:09 AM
In Love

I just want to say, I was just watching Elizabethtown again tonight, and I think I can say objectively that this is truly a wonderful film, and that it is completely underrated and unappreciated! I like everything about it, particularly because there is something about the movie that is so comforting. Its sad, funny, warm. . . . You can connect to Drew and Claire each, and the plethora of family members feels, uh, familiar (well, you know what I mean! we have family and friends like Drew's, or we've met people like them anyway). And I love the relationship between Drew and Claire; I certainly wish that I had someone to talk to about anything and everything on the phone in the middle of the night when I'm suffering insomnia This is definitely one of my favourite Orlando movies. I look forward to watching it over and over again in the future :) It certainly cheered me up tonight when I needed it

Last edited by Resurgere; January 17th, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Aint no other man but you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurgere View Post
I certainly wish that I had someone to talk to about anything and everything on the phone in the middle of the night when I'm suffering insomnia
I feel the same way Resurgere but at least we have Orlando to entertain us on those long nights

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM
In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanDreamin View Post
I feel the same way Resurgere but at least we have Orlando to entertain us on those long nights
Yes indeed, thank goodness for that!!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Happily Obsessed

Just watched Elizabethtown again and that phone call scene is my
favourite also. Love the Ryan Adams song Come Pick Me Up playing
in the background...
Still love listening to that movie soundtrack...especially
Learning to Fly... and the FreeBird rendition by My Morning
Jacket with the burning bird always makes me smile...
I think Drew was really Orlando's sweetest character...

Seeing Elizabethtown preview at the Toronto Film Festival and seeing
he and Kristen interviewed Live outside Much Music that day will always
be one of my fondest memories...
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:46 AM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Lass View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]
Seeing Elizabethtown preview at the Toronto Film Festival and seeing
he and Kristen interviewed Live outside Much Music that day will always
be one of my fondest memories...
Such good memories indeed! I think we all remember that microphone very well too
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Aint no other man but you

That sounds like something I've missed. Is that interview here or does anyone know where I can see it?

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Happily Obsessed

I was actually there at the Much Music taping, when he came outside and continued the interview for the fans outside on the street. (I took that photo above that day),
then had tickets to the E-TOWN premiere where Cameron came on stage and introduced Kirsten, Orlando and the rest of the cast.
He didn't do a Q. & A. session though as he did when he came out on stage at the T.I.F.F. premiere of HAVEN. THAT! was a memory!

I have seen that 2005 Much Music E-Town TV Special and interview on video previously, even on OL I believe at one time, haven't checked lately, hope its still there...