Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > The Calcium Kid

Old October 28th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Aroreiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88

*nice paraphrasing*

~ Naz ~

I second that comment on the paraphrasing. Great stuff!

As for the "deep voice" thing...I'd love to here it more! Wouldn't that be a delight When I heard him in a radio interview once, his voice did seem deeper than normal, but I thought he had a cold or something. Maybe not...
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Kitty_Ballou

The whole movie is so funny. But I have a few scenes that made me laugh so hard...

- "If you're trying to scare me, you'd do better to go BOO!"
- "It's not Johnny - it's Jimmy!!!"

And yes: Of course that one in the morning - Calcium Kid still in his own bed... - I screamed of laughing!!! When he looked up so !!!! again!!!

And I adore that special - how did my friend and I call it?? Oh yes: The Calcium-look!!!

Oh yes, and finally all that stuff in the school!!! That was so funny too!!!
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM
lovin_leggie

whats this about a shower scene ... huh i seen the movie like 5 times.... (i borrowed a copy from my friend whos brother went over seas)..... i want the extra scenes....i want towel... *sniff*..... no towl scene
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
*Jubilee*

I seriously wish I had this movie. A nice girl on this board tried to hook me up with the movie but alas it doesnt work. *sniffles* Anyone wanna make my bday thats coming up soon and hook me up with the CK ? Pretty Please ?

Jubilee_Twenty@yahoo.com *hugs* thanks if you can.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 01:09 AM
Ifiril

I have two favorite scenes:
1) The early morning scene of course, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.
2) The one where he is training wearing a garbage bag, grabs the punching bag to keep his balance and slides straight to the floor.
Oh, and I have to love the Irish Jig!
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:15 AM
ElfPirate

I live in California but my dad went on a bussiness trip to London, and I begged him to bring the Calcium Kid home for me and he did. It's such an awesome movie and I loved the whole thing so it's hard to pick a favorite scene, but a few are:
* the classroom scene
* the scene where he talks about his dad
* the nervous breakdown scene before the fight
* when he's washing the milktruck- I love it when he flicks the water at Mr. Bush and says, " My advice to you, Mr. Bush? Start wearing a belt"
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:12 PM
bea

in the bed

what was he doing under that cover at the start of the film??? naughty boy
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea
what was he doing under that cover at the start of the film??? naughty boy
That's not really a question, is it?
Let's say he's making himself happy
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Passionate about the Elf

He was doing sit-ups Didn't you hear him?

Mirk
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Crazy in Love

is he really?! wow. OH MY. Why do it on his own when he can ask me?!

uh-oh.

Old May 26th, 2005, 06:13 PM
In Valinor

Merged your thread bea with the existing one about favorite scenes/scene discussion.
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Rhiannon

Just watched it for the first time last night (I'm sure glad I found that software on the 'Net). My favorite scenes are:
  • When he's going for his run, and everyone's turned against him. Makes me wanna cry.
  • When he freaks out on Paddy.
  • The deleted towel scene.
  • The "morning glory" scene. (Ya, I know, I'm shallow. )

BTW, if it's okay to post, here's a link for a freeware software player to play any region DVD on your computer: www.videolan.org/vlc/
It works great (though I haven't tried the new beta version).
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkwoodelfchick
He was doing sit-ups Didn't you hear him?

Mirk
Thanks for the English refresher, I didn't remember that it is called like that
My online dic gave me completely different words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon
Just watched it for the first time last night (I'm sure glad I found that software on the 'Net). My favorite scenes are:
  • When he's going for his run, and everyone's turned against him. Makes me wanna cry.
  • When he freaks out on Paddy.
Those are also my favorites, and the outtakes - when he is burping and when he's trying not to laugh and can't suppress it.

Last edited by Sazi; May 27th, 2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela
Thanks for the English refresher, I didn't remember that it is called like that
My online dic gave me completely different words
I can imagine . I've given up looking for certain words and translations in the dictionary ... most of those expressions I learned on this board. Having a vivid imagination helps a lot . This board is very educational Thanks folks!

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ

Last edited by nazgul88; May 27th, 2005 at 12:37 AM. Reason: I should use the dictionary at least once in a while ...
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:03 AM
sparklingspanky

i think that movie is the funniest! i like all the scenes.. Mr Bush (omid djalili) is so funny and orlando is so goofy. I like scene at the pub or the scene with orlando *doing situps* in bed. And the out takes, they are so funny they had me in tears i've watched them over and over. Orlando and Omid are so funny.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:10 AM
Lysistrata

Wow the movie was great all around... Ive had it since April and only now just came into the software I needed to watch it. I though Orlando was brilliant.. he had this innocence and vunerability that just tugs at the heart strings.
The part where he flips out on Paddy before the fight... his impression was dead on I was laughing so hard.
Then where everyone turn on him and he was running by himself I just wanted to give him a big hug I felt so soory for him.
The part with the skinheads when they were waiting outside his house and the film crew guys were like "No Jimmy dont talk to those people, walk away, walk a little bit faster Jimmy" and the skinheads were chasing him " Jimmy run... run!!" I was laughing so hard despite the message that puts forth.
When he was working out in the garbage bags... and he had to grab the punching bag to keep from falling and he just slide down.

He was just so goofy but I loved that about his character. His facial expressions were priceless. Like the one right after he broke Pete's hand. LOL
Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:50 AM
Balian's Lover

i like the part were Stan jumps on the pool table and he starts waving the pool stick around and jimmy's like "he's just dealing with some anger managment issues" haha and i also like where Jimmy says "if your trying to scare me you'd be better off saying BOO" lol haha!
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:21 AM
Crazy in Love

I love the "Sweaty pits"scene! Cracks me up every time.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 01:33 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysistrata
The part where he flips out on Paddy before the fight... his impression was dead on I was laughing so hard.
Yup, and with the accent I couldn't help but think of Joe Byrne. I also loved the Boo bit too.
Other fav moments- training to the Irish music (being a lover of that myself) cracks me up, and ummm, can't think what others exactly, must go watch it again (any excuse )
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Is it a good film?

Hello!!!
I'm french, and in France "The Calcium Kid" isn't left to the cinema, but should leave in dvd soon. And so I would like to have your opinion on this film. Do you think that it should be bought?

(Excuse me for my errors, my English isn't very, very good)
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:41 PM
dazzled

coucou Clayra,
moi je l'ai acheté l'année dernière sur amazon.com en anglais . J'ai ADORE mais si tu ne parle pas trop anglais c'est un peu difficile à suivre, il y a des acteurs qui ont un accent londonien incompréhensible. Mais rien que pour les images ça vaut le coup....achète !!!
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Crazy in Love

not necessarily a good film, but it truly is entertaining.
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:59 PM
earlybird

When I saw the movie I had a lot laughs and some tears(I`m a real cry-baby...). I also had somebody to make sheep`s eyes at .
And I, as a not native english spoken person, learned some new vocabularies too.
So to me it was very entertaining and instructiv
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Okay, thank you very much!!!! I'll buy it probably.
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:53 PM
zephyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mientje
coucou Clayra,
moi je l'ai acheté l'année dernière sur amazon.com en anglais . J'ai ADORE mais si tu ne parle pas trop anglais c'est un peu difficile à suivre, il y a des acteurs qui ont un accent londonien incompréhensible. Mais rien que pour les images ça vaut le coup....achète !!!
I love it too mientje
I'm sure there's also a French version, because there's a Spanish one, so it shouldn't be a problem

But I strongly recomend to see the original version (with subtitles if needed) 'cause the original voices are great, the manager, the Irish trainer,...is just great.

And the movie, I really think is worth, is a great comedy.

In fact I think, and is only my opinion, that till now is the film that demands more acting skills for Orlando. I mean he changes a lot during the film, happy, friendly, serious, sad, angry...