Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > The Calcium Kid

Old October 14th, 2004, 02:43 PM
belovedastoria

CK Film Discussion

For those of us who have seen this little gem of a film, what is your favourite scene? Mines a toss up between his "run in" with Angel to where he tells Mr. Busch that, "If you're trying to scare me, you'd do better to go BOO!"

So sisters, whats your favourite part of CK?
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Nabila

Finally saw this great movie a couple of days ago, and will be seeing it many times again of course.! And to the topic, I agree with the scenes you've said. Then I also like the scene where he breaks that board on his head and does that little dance/walk And at the end where he knocks out Pete "It's not the milkman, it's the calcium kid" POW! So great And umm at the press conference where he's wearing that outfit of the English flag. And where he flips out on Paddy and does the imitation of him Those are some, I probably have some more, just can't remember at the moment
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:16 PM
belovedastoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabila
Then I also like the scene where he breaks that board on his head and does that little dance/walk
I forgot that part! LOL. I like where the kid goes, "Jimmy's a !" and Jimmy is like ... err ... The riverdancing wasn't so bad. Okay. The dancing was bad, but the part was funny.
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:25 PM
MissAndrea

Quote:
"If you're trying to scare me, you'd do better to go BOO!"
That was my favourite part too!!! I almost fell of the couch when he said that!
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Well, when it comes to acting my favourite parts are the scene when he's eating chips and the film crew made him to talk about his father and then the scene shortly before the fight when he bursts out and cries ...

I also like the part where he's running lonely on his own - after everyone had dumped him because of what he said at the press conference - that song which goes along with the sequence, it fits so well to the situation.

On another level ... my favourite is the early morning scene ... but I won't explain that level ...

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:49 PM
MissAndrea

Quote:
On another level ... my favourite is the early morning scene ... but I won't explain that level ...
I was just about to put that one on here too!!

He made me look twice through that scene.. i was like, what the h***!
Old October 14th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Nevaratoiel

I think I like the scene where he's washing the milk car.

Bush: "Why do I get the feeling I've got me trousers around me ankles"
Jimmy: "I've got one advice for you mr. Bush, start wearing a belt."
(or something like that)

lol! So funny!
Old October 14th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Fanfic Junkie

Like Naz, my favorite scenes were the ones that were slightly more dramatic; the chip-eating, the lonely-run and asking stan if he could sleep over

Orlando was brilliant in the funny scenes as well but forlorn!Jimmy really tugged at my heart strings

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old October 15th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Nabila

Quote:
On another level ... my favourite is the early morning scene ... but I won't explain that level
Oh yeah I also like that one

Quote:
Like Naz, my favorite scenes were the ones that were slightly more dramatic; the chip-eating, the lonely-run and asking stan if he could sleep over
Yeah those were good scenes too. But so sad So not my favorites, I like the silly happier ones better
Old October 15th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

I just love the whole thing but the best is well........ this is so hard well but when Jimmy goes to the pub, partly becouse that how i see Orlando if the harn't found fame, also it a normal saturday night at my local
Old October 16th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Kate

I love that part right before the match with Jose Mendez and they are watching the video of his previous matches and then Orli starts to freak out and he is making fun of his crazy Irish coach. And he is all "Good let out your anger Johnny" And Jimmy is all "It's not Johnny, Its Jimmy!!!" That whole nervous breakdown scene- hilarious. Also the part with him in bed toward the beginning when the camera crew first comes in his room. And they are like "So how does Jimmy start off his day?" And he like looks all suprised and nervous and is like "Well as you can see....um...I was just doing a few situps" I thought those were really funny!!! But the whole movie rocked!! Those were just two of my faves
Old October 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Gibboo

I agree with Kate My favorite scenes are the nervous breakdown scene I love how he does the accent and how high pitched his voice gets when he is all upset. THe morning scene is also my favorite and let me tell you it was extremely hard to sit between my mother and little sister while watching that scene. Ahh yeah baby say my name!!!

Gib
Old October 18th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Idril_Nenharma

My Favorite Scene Is the one at the begining of his filming were he's tossing off in bed... its disgusting but funny aswell!
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Sazi

I saw it for the first time yesterday. Can't tell what is my favourite scene yet, I'd probably have to watch it a few times again. But all the things you all mentioned most likely sums it all up
Jimmy is so adorable. I just love the expressions on his face. You just can't help but feel for him, so sweet he is.
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:07 PM
SherinaSue

WHen he goes a little off on PAddy and starts screaming, "There's a leprechaun in the ring, punch him, punch him!" And then he calls him a "mad old Irish Bas***d. I rolled on the floor laughing.
Old October 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM
belovedastoria

I like that part too; the end where he's flipping out on Paddy. "My name is not Johnny, its JIMMY!" *giggles*
Old October 19th, 2004, 03:08 PM
legoverlas

favourite scene

The press conference scene when he comes in wearing the union jack suit being pulled along by a lovely bull terrier. Then he makes a stupid speech which is a bit racist - you have to feel for him hes so innocent! and then the dog starts going crazy under the table etc I have only watched this film once so I dont remember all the scenes yet but I do know this part made me laugh a lot!

I do remember the deleted shower scene though and my pause/rewind buttons nearly broke

and the bed scene - oh yeah baby - with the space quilt covers!
Old October 24th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Gone bush!

I loved so many scenes in this movie, it's hard to pick one. The morning scene was hilarious- especially when the film crew started talking to him, but I also enjoyed the sad scenes, when he talks about his dad... and when his dad says he's proud of him, no matter what happens in the fight. The one that kills me, is when he asks stan if he can stay over, more than anything I just wanna crawl into that lockup with him!

It was great when Jimmy started sticking up for himself- yeah, go Jimmy! The deleted shower scene was a treat, and that little dance thing he does when he talks to the kids, was so funny. Jimmy's just sweet as ...
Old October 24th, 2004, 08:55 PM
besotted with buttons

yeah i like the bit at the end as he is cleaning the graffiti off his float and he is strong..eating in the cafe makes me cry, and the scenes with the skinheads etc just so well done without being overtly political. he is just lovely.
love his face in bed at the beginning though..just 'phew and yes where was i?'..classic.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:57 PM
HauntedByFear

My favorite scene, if I must pick only one, was probably the scene where he flips out on Paddy. I would have flipped out on him, too. The whole movie is just so adorable and Jimmy is such a sweet character...in fact, that's kind of the way I imagine Orlando to be in real life.
Old October 25th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Aroreiel

Favourite scene? That's like asking me to pick my favourite chocolate...and I'm a chocoholic!

As for the deleted scenes, I obviously love the "Towel" scene ...and I love the "Paddy's training technique" one where they're on the roof of the high-rise building ...and Jimmy and Stan are play-fighting with eachother in the background, while Paddy talks to the camera. It's so funny seeing those two go mad! Like to little kids.
Old October 25th, 2004, 01:43 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

When Mr. Bush is BEGGING Jimmy to come back. Jimmy throws water on him with this flick of his arm, and for some reason, I just LOVE the look on his face and how he does it. I go back and watch it again and again. Later in that same scene, Jimmy gives Mr. Bush some advice when he says, "My advice to you, Mr. Bush? Start wearing a belt." He says this is a very sure-of-himself manner, which if you've seen the movie, you know is "new" for him. SO sexy!

Then of course, there's that scene where he gets asked if he came to fight, and with about 8 octaves of bass in his voice (sounds like a COMPLETELY different guy than Jimmy), he says, "Yeah....yeah I did." Could watch that on repeat forever as well
Old October 26th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Gone bush!

I read somewhere, that Orlando's voice used to be even deeper than it is! And that he controls it because he was told it was too deep! Who knows if that's true or not, but it sure can change...e.g....'They're taking the hobbits to Isengard'....
he sends a shiver up my body when he says that!! Yeah, you're right, he does sound like a completely different person to Jimmy in that scene- ORR.
Old October 27th, 2004, 04:21 AM
dejaorlando22

mine fav scene is when he is in his bedroom and exploring himself
Old October 27th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaorlando22
mine fav scene is when he is in his bedroom and exploring himself

*nice paraphrasing*

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ