Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old March 26th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Ancalime

Red, that's really sweet of you. Thank you. We'll see!

ancalime
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:59 PM
LegolasIsMyOneRing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein
A bit of news regarding filming schedule and location of Elizabethtown from cameroncroweonline,
thanks to Dana and OBF.

Quote:
It looks like E-town will start shooting this July. Still no final word on locations, but I've heard that they will include Elizabethtown (KY), Los Angeles and Oregon. Some second unit footage may have already begun. A 2005 release is most likely.
oh man july would work out great for me to go down to Elizabeth town oh man i hope they start fliming then i live 6 hours form there hehe! and i will be damned if i miss a chance to Meet Orlando lol! i am defaintly going Elf hunting this summer lol!
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:27 AM
She Kender

Saw this at OBM.
Quote:
Sarandon, Biel & Greer in Crowe's Elizabethtown
posted by Jas, 03/31/04, from Coming Soon
Paramount has tapped Susan Sarandon for Cameron Crowe's romantic comedy Elizabethtown, starring along with Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom, reports Variety. Also in talks are Judy Greer for the role of Heather, Jessica Biel for Ellen and Loudon Wainwright III for Uncle Dale. Paula Dean is also in negotiations for a role. Sarandon is in talks to portray the role of the mother of Bloom's character for the project, produced by Crowe and Paramount-based Cruise/Wagner with filming expected to start this summer. Described as a love letter to the resilience of the life force, the project centers on an unexpected romance that develops against the backdrop of the elaborate memorial for a Kentucky patriarch.
Well I am happy with the way the casting is progressing. Susan Sarandon is one of the best actresses in Hollywood. I hope she is cast
Old March 31st, 2004, 01:04 PM
In Valinor

Agreed, Susan Sarandon will definitely bring some acting cache to the film. She's spectacular.
Old March 31st, 2004, 01:58 PM
Threthiel

OH, that's good, she is an excellent actress. And she gets to be his mommy!
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:50 PM
Aroreiel

Susan Sarandon is a great actress. I'm glad she'll get to be his Mum! I'm not sure about Jessica Biel though, but I guess only time will tell.

Woah, you know, I am jealous of Orlando...he's getting to work with all these brilliant filmmakers and performers. I am only dreaming of working with the calibre of people he's worked with already. Lucky guy!
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:49 PM
Immortal Kiss

I agree with you guys, that's awesome
Old April 13th, 2004, 12:46 AM
elvenprincess_lothlorien

That sooo horrible!!!
Orlando trying to kill himself!!!
I cann't take that!!!!
I'm having an asma attact now.Need inhailer! :omfg:
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:49 AM
luv4ever

immortal kiss, i love ur avater, where did u get it? and ur siggie doesnt work. and i agree i cant wait for Elizabethtown.
Old April 13th, 2004, 06:00 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroreiel
Susan Sarandon is a great actress. I'm glad she'll get to be his Mum! I'm not sure about Jessica Biel though, but I guess only time will tell.

Woah, you know, I am jealous of Orlando...he's getting to work with all these brilliant filmmakers and performers. I am only dreaming of working with the calibre of people he's worked with already. Lucky guy!
As I was stating in another thread. Orlando has certainly chosen wisely his roles. Thank goodness he isn't stuck in some silly "I Know What You Did Last Summer" movie. Not that there's anything wrong with that type of movie but Orlando's destined for greater things.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old April 13th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Immortal Kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4ever
immortal kiss, i love ur avater, where did u get it? and ur siggie doesnt work. and i agree i cant wait for Elizabethtown.
Thank you...I made it earlier today, actually. Just combined the two awesome banner Troy pics..and added some text and what not :)

Sig wasn't working cause I moved the pics and forgot about direct linkage, *DOH*..heh
Old April 18th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Pixie

I hope not!
I HATE HATE HATE it when English and Australian people play southerners!!!! It's horrible! their lovely accents are ruined! Remember Cold Mountain? Jeez!
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie
I hope not!
I HATE HATE HATE it when English and Australian people play southerners!!!! It's horrible! their lovely accents are ruined! Remember Cold Mountain? Jeez!
This sounds like a job for Johnny Depp. Maybe Orlando can get some pointers from him. If I remember correctly Depp was born in Kentucky.

The people I know from Kentucky don't sound REALLY southern--sorta like a soft twang to certain words. Orlando could probably drop a British accent to sound something like that.

Enelya
Old April 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM
jsclark86

Yeah, I hate it when British actors try to have a Southern accent because you can always tell that it is fake. They usually make their voices deeper and it sounds awful. Like Jason Isaccs and Ewan McGregor in BHD, they made their vocies deeper and I didn't like that at all. Although, Orlando's accent was pretty good in BHD, but we didn't get to hear him talk that much.
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:18 PM
dream wanderer

My husband has lots of relatives in Kentucky and whenever we go to visit I can't say that I notice a prounounced accent. This was in Louisville though...I don't know how they sound in the rest of the state.

dream wanderer
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Threthiel

Most of my family resides in Kentucky, and some of them have deep southern accents. My aunt especially. I tend to not have one unless I am around other southerners, then it will come out. Usually I keep to my mid-western accent.

I too did not like Ewan accent in BHD, but I thought Orlandos was done well. So I'm not worried about him for elizabethtown. Of course I really would not care who his accent was, just to hear him speak is enough.
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Pixie

Yeah, just to see him there on the screen is enough for me!!!
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:23 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

As reported by OBF:

Quote:
Elizabethtown Australian Release Date
From Jacquie: According to yourmovies.com.au, Elizabethtown has been given an Australian release date of 11th Feburary 2005!
Amazing as they haven't even started filming yet!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old April 21st, 2004, 04:07 PM
Elements

Yeah that seems to be pushing it a bit doesn't it? I mean, to have a release date for something that hasn't started filming, and one that it actually not all that far away.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 05:37 AM
Immortal Kiss

Very interesting..

I don't even think that is possible, even if they started filming tomorrow...that's really soon, lol
Old April 22nd, 2004, 05:48 AM
luv4ever

they might change it. orlando isnt even half done with KoH. well, i cant wait for Elizabethtown. let alone any orli move.
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:13 AM
magsjags

i live in kentucky.. the south part of louisville. it takes about an hour to get to elizabethtown from where i live and most people in louisville don't have accents at all. however, when you start getting down the highway toward elizabthtown...theres a lot more white trash-y kind of people. i'm not sure about etown though..he'll probably do about the same accent as BHD. he had better be down there filming this summer..do you think he'll be actually IN elizabethtown or a different part of kentucky??
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:21 AM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsjags
i live in kentucky.. the south part of louisville. it takes about an hour to get to elizabethtown from where i live and most people in louisville don't have accents at all. however, when you start getting down the highway toward elizabthtown...theres a lot more white trash-y kind of people. i'm not sure about etown though..he'll probably do about the same accent as BHD. he had better be down there filming this summer..do you think he'll be actually IN elizabethtown or a different part of kentucky??
I don't think any specific locations have been announced. But come this summer I'll bet a whole lot of us will be travelling to Kentucky if he does film there. I'm planning on it--live just 30-40 minutes over the border in Ohio!

Enelya
Old May 1st, 2004, 07:05 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelya
Quote:
I don't think any specific locations have been announced. But come this summer I'll bet a whole lot of us will be travelling to Kentucky if he does film there. I'm planning on it--live just 30-40 minutes over the border in Ohio!

Enelya
Do you, Eneyla? Red and I are hoping to get together to drive down there too! I live in Indiana!

Ancalime
Old May 1st, 2004, 05:11 PM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelya
Quote:

Enelya

Do you, Eneyla? Red and I are hoping to get together to drive down there too! I live in Indiana!

Ancalime

Yup! Sure do. Maybe we can sneak up on him from a couple different sides! It would be nice to meet you though. :)

Enelya