Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old February 18th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf
Alrighty, yesterday I was talking with a girl online yesterday. And from what she heard, theres going to be no premiere in Kentucky. It totally broke my heart into thousands of peices. She was saying this because they had the Seabiscuit premiere and the only people that showed up was some of the minor characters, film crew, and director. I dont know if thats exactly true , but, yeah. And I told her about Crowe's decision about definatley having it here. I dont know, I'm just utterly confused at the moment.

Emily
Sweetie, now *I'm* confused. What does the Seabiscuit premiere have to do with the E-Town premiere? We don't really know anything yet, do we? Don't worry, little Elf. There may be a premiere in Kentucky yet. Besides, Cameron said so.
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalime
Sweetie, now *I'm* confused. What does the Seabiscuit premiere have to do with the E-Town premiere? We don't really know anything yet, do we? Don't worry, little Elf. There may be a premiere in Kentucky yet. Besides, Cameron said so.
Hehe! I love that! "Little Elf"

She was saying that because premieres dont happen here often, that barely anyone will show up. Then she got on the subject of the director and the crew showing up. Then onto the subject about access roads since the premiere will be really big (something or another).

Anyways, yeah, we know nothing yet. And Cameron needs to update!
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf
Hehe! I love that! "Little Elf"

She was saying that because premieres dont happen here often, that barely anyone will show up. Then she got on the subject of the director and the crew showing up. Then onto the subject about access roads since the premiere will be really big (something or another).

Anyways, yeah, we know nothing yet. And Cameron needs to update!
Okay -
Forget that about "premieres not happening here often". That doesn't mean anything. (I'm not criticizing your friend though, hon.)

"Barely anyone will show up?" Are you talking about the cast and crew, or those who want to attend the premiere?

And if there are indeed problems with access roads, I'm sure that some way or another Cameron will figure that one out.

I just don't know why he'd say he was bringing the first premiere back to Kentucky if he didn't mean it! His roots are there!

Old February 18th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalime
Okay -
Forget that about "premieres not happening here often". That doesn't mean anything. (I'm not criticizing your friend though, hon.)

"Barely anyone will show up?" Are you talking about the cast and crew, or those who want to attend the premiere?

And if there are indeed problems with access roads, I'm sure that some way or another Cameron will figure that one out.

I just don't know why he'd say he was bringing the first premiere back to Kentucky if he didn't mean it! His roots are there!

I think she was talking about cast and crew. But then again, that was Seabiscuit, and, yeah, a different director and movie plot.

She said that about the premiere, yes. But, Cameron is a man of his word.. I hope! And *ah* yes, roots in Kentucky, such lovely words to hear (I dunno why..)
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:45 PM
earlybird

Is there just a little chance that E-town will have a Premiere in Berlin?
I saw the European World Premiere of War of the World right now with Tom Cruise (TV) and I was wondering if Orlando would come to Germany too... maybe...
There must be a Premiere in London anyway I think...not to be mistaken...

Last edited by earlybird; June 15th, 2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM
Kensi1212

Just information.
In Elizabethtown the old State theatre would be the only place really possible for a premeire. The multi-cinema is a big aluminum siding building. WHile filming in E-town Orlando took breaks in the State theatre and he'd cross the road to sign for fans.

In Louisville The Palace Theatre would be perfect. It's a block from where they filmed the hotel shots. It's near Fourth Street Live!, a huge entertainment complex and near where production stayed last year.

I live in Louisville and work in Elizabethtown. So far I'll I've heard is that it may be brought back here to show, but not that it will be an actual "Premeire" with stars etc. So far nothing has gone through the city council in E-town to get permission for a premeire. I'll let you know if that changes.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:28 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Ooh, thanks for the info, Kensi1212.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old June 22nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensi1212
So far I'll I've heard is that it may be brought back here to show, but not that it will be an actual "Premeire" with stars etc. So far nothing has gone through the city council in E-town to get permission for a premeire. I'll let you know if that changes.
Thanks for the info, Kensi. But I thought that Cameron said he'd bring the movie (premiere) to Kentucky first.
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Human News Ticker

Elizabethtown at Venice Film Festival

From Reuters:

Quote:
Security in spotlight as Venice fest unveils films

ROME (Reuters) - Hollywood is set to take center stage at a slimmer, sleeker Venice Film Festival in a lineup unveiled by organizers on Thursday, but growing security concerns could steal the show.
"The festival can't help but be a natural target given the concentration of public and VIPs," said Marco Muller, director of the 62nd edition of the world's oldest cinema competition that starts on Aug. 31.

Measures are being put in place so "stars and the public can attend with complete peace of mind," he told a press conference in Rome. The deadly bombings in London earlier this month prompted Italy, a key ally of the U.S.-led campaign in Iraq along with Britain, to step up security on its transport system, at its borders and to give new powers to police.
Italy's Culture Ministry also said camera surveillance and the number of security guards would be increased at arts sites.

Muller declined to outline the steps being taken in Venice, but said: "American producers wanted to know the details of the measures and they've been satisfied."

George Clooney, Gwyneth Paltrow, Orlando Bloom and Renee Zellweger are among the stars who could hit the red carpet during the 10-day extravaganza.

"The number of Hollywood films will be a record," Muller said of the 11 American movies -- including nine world premieres -- that will take part.

Clooney's new directorial venture "Goodnight and Good Luck" will be one of 19 films vying for the Golden Lion top prize in the main competition, along with new movies directed by Ang Lee, John Turturro, Terry Gilliam and Brazil's Fernando Meirelles.

Cameron Crowe's "Elizabethtown," starring Bloom and Kirsten Dunst and Lasse Hallstrom's "Casanova" with Sienna Miller and Jeremy Irons, will screen out of competition.

But the festival has been slimmed down after Muller came under fire last year for trying to squeeze too many films and big names onto the bill.

After Al Pacino found himself without a seat at the premiere of his own film and Johnny Depp was forced to wait two hours for a screening, organizers admitted they had tried to "put a Ferrari engine in a small, old Fiat 500 car."

This year, instead of 22 films, 19 are screening in the main competition while a total of 54 features will make their world or international debuts in different events on the Lido, down from nearly 80 last year.

The lineup highlights Asian cinema but also gives plenty of room to Italy, France, Great Britain and United States.

"Qi Jian" ("Seven Swords"), an epic martial arts adventure by Tsui Hark, one of Asia's biggest names, will launch the festival. Asian media said it could be the start of a Chinese trilogy along the lines of "The Lord of the Rings."
The VFF website has the films time down as 133 mins.

Also, according to a poster at IMDB the festival director mentioned Elizabethtown as one of his favourite films of the festival.

Last edited by Interconnector; July 28th, 2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Crazy in Love

Thanks interconnector... I just love it when you post. MWAH!

from BBC NEWS here.

Quote:
Clooney in competition at Venice

George Clooney directs and stars in Goodnight and Good Luck
Actor George Clooney's second movie as director is one of nine US films that receive their world premieres at this year's Venice Film Festival.
Clooney's Goodnight and Good Luck will compete with films directed by Ang Lee, Terry Gilliam and actor John Turturro for the prestigious Golden Lion award.

Steven Soderbergh and Tim Burton have films screening out of competition.

"This shows how important Venice now is for American cinema," said artistic director Marco Mueller on Thursday.

There are 19 films in total in the main competition line-up.

As previously predicted, they include Gilliam's Brothers Grimm, Lee's Brokeback Mountain, Proof starring Gwyneth Paltrow and The Constant Gardener with Ralph Fiennes.

Surprise addition

Turturro's third film as director, Romance and Cigarettes, also makes the cut alongside films from such celebrated auteurs as Abel Ferrara, Patrice Chereau and Portugal's Manoel de Oliviera.

Heath Ledger and Matt Damon play the Brothers Grimm in Gilliam's film
Soderbergh's murder mystery Bubble, Burton's stop-motion animation Corpse Bride and Cameron Crowe's comedy romance Elizabethtown are among the 18 films that will be screened out of competition.

"We have a record 11 US features in the line-up, including nine world premieres, which has never happened in Venice," Mr Mueller told reporters.

He added there could also be a surprise last-minute addition to the competition line-up.

Alongside Paltrow, Fiennes and Clooney, this year's festival could attract such high-profile stars as Kate Winslet, Susan Sarandon, Matt Damon and Tim Robbins.

Last year's Golden Lion was won by Mike Leigh's abortion drama Vera Drake, which also won a best actress prize for Britain's Imelda Staunton.

The 2005 festival runs from 31 August to 10 September.
I hope he makes it. More pictures of Orlando, and more buzz about the movie.

Uh-oh, Sienna Miller and Orlando on the same red carpet. Hmmm, I wonder if the media will create something stupid out of that rumor again. (Well, it is a ten day thing, so maybe not...)

Anyway, I just pray the critics will love the movie...

Last edited by ambayuun; July 28th, 2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Just Another Freak

Thanks much for the info Interconnector(who must be connected to always be getting such wonderful news bits) and Amby.

Would throw in a prayer with you, but I know that the women will love this movie. If not, they're mad. Simple as that.
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks Interconnector and ambayuun for posting! I notice it is phrased that Orlando is one of the stars who COULD be going down the red carpet there. In other words, they have no idea if he will actually be there or not. Here's hoping! I'm all for more picspam!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old July 29th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Crazy in Love

from the Hollywood Reporter here.

Nine U.S. world premieres set for Venice fest

Quote:
A clutch of top shelf American directors will unveil their newest projects Out of Competition. Those having their world premieres are: Cameron Crowe's "Elizabethtown" starring Orlando Bloom, Kirsten Dunst and Sarandon; Stuart Gordon's "Edmond," starring William H. Macy, Joe Mantegna and Julia Stiles; Lasse Hallstrom's "Casanova," starring Heath Ledger, Jeremy Irons and Sienna Miller; John Singleton's "Four Brothers," starring Mark Wahlberg and Andre 3000; Steven Soderbergh's "Bubble"; and Scott Derrickson's "The Exorcism of Emily Rose."
Old July 29th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Passionate about the Elf

*Looks into tickets to Venice* GOD! When is October gonna get here? *looks at calendar and cries*

Mirk
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:04 AM
captainfla

^^^ Ditto!
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:34 AM
luv4ever

oh yay!!! more etown promotion. and more orlando overload thanx interconnector
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Pumpkin Spice

Etown at Toronto Film Fest

Attention Canadians! (And those who like to travel).
From here: http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/2005/m...tem.asp?id=151

Quote:
Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown a North American Premiere Gala Presentation

Toronto – ELIZABETHTOWN, the latest film by Academy Award©-winning director Cameron Crowe (ALMOST FAMOUS) receives its North American premiere as a Gala Presentation at the 30th Toronto International Film Festival. Starring Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst, ELIZABETHTOWN is the heartwarming story of an unexpected romance that develops amidst the backdrop of a Kentucky patriarch's hilariously elaborate memorial. The film also stars Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin, Judy Greer, Bruce McGill, Jessica Biel, and Paul Schneider.

Drew Baylor (Orlando Bloom), once a rising star at a leading athletic shoe company, has just been fired due to the overwhelming failure of his design for a sneaker and the $972 million loss his company suffered because of the fiasco. As if that wasn't bad enough, things get even worse: Drew receives a phone call informing him that his father has passed away – and now, he must get on a plane for Elizabethtown, Kentucky, to retrieve his father's remains.

On the plane ride, Drew meets Claire (Kirsten Dunst), a flight attendant and unstoppably positive woman who changes the course of his life. It is in Kentucky that he comes to learn the breadth of his father's life and his own family roots. Drew, with the help of Claire, submits to discovering the possibilities for his own destiny. A love letter to the resilience of the life force, ELIZABETHTOWN is a charming music-filled journey that proves amazing things can happen when you least expect them.
Written and directed by Cameron Crowe, ELIZABETHTOWN is produced by Tom Cruise, Paula Wagner, and Cameron Crowe. A Cruise/Wagner-Vinyl Films production, the film is distributed in North America by Paramount Pictures.
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Whoa.....that's pretty good !!! Must mean that Paramount is really going to bat for this picture.......Venice and Toronto !!!

When is the Toronto Film Festival ?

Thanks for bringing this notice to us, Pumpkin !!
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Pumpkin Spice

I want to say it's mid-September. Wasn't it around the 10th-15th last year?

And I agree ... the fact that it's doing the festival tour is a good sign.
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I just checked out the Toronto Film Festival website and found the following very interesting information:

It's being held September 8 - 17, 2005.

Some of the movies that are being premiered there, besides Elizabethtown, are:

A History of Violence, with Viggo !!
Bee Season, with Kate Bosworth !!
Corpse Bride (animated) with voice of Johnny Depp !!
Everything is Illuminated, with Elijah Wood !!

Is this gonna be a party, or what ?
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Pumpkin Spice

Does sound like one big party. Wish I had an invite. Thanks Leggybelle.
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:24 PM
arwen_undomiel

ow, interesting people will be there. Great!
Old August 9th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Ok I know I'm being real thick here, but anyone any idea which day, its on????????????????
I'm in toronto area the 1st half of september and I might be about to get my sister to go.
I would love to see it but knowing my luck its going to be on the 16th the day I land back in the UK.
Flipp.
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:16 AM
British Boy Lovin' Goon

That's all I have to say!
Old August 10th, 2005, 01:25 AM
jamminn

OK... now that I'm over here in the right thread. I thought someone would have spotted this before me! I don't think the exact day was posted yet, but if you go to the website, you can subscribe to get email updates. I'd really love to go down to this... but with a strike looming for me at work, doesn't look good. But I'll wait and see!