Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old September 7th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsjags
*Em, your signature kills me
I know! Halfway killed me

Yeah, E-towns pretty small, while as you said Louisville has like.. 8 theaters and its probably most likely gonna be here (Louisville). But, Im not cameron Crowe, so I dont exactly know.

*Em
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:22 PM
JiRbY

it better be in louisville cuz i wanna go!
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Elf

I was waiting for my bus to arrive at school, and I started talking to one of 6th grade teachers about my out-of-control obsession, and she agreed. But anyways, I was tellin her that it would probably be in KY... Well, then she said that Someone asked him if it would be around Dreby time... And he said he would consiter it! I was trying SO hard not to scream!Hopefully if hes talking about Derby, it might be in Louisville!

*SQUEE!*

*Em
Old September 9th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Nabila

Thanks for ignoring me Lol kidding But still could you reply. Aren't ya being a bit greedy?
Old September 9th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Elf

Who?
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Nabila

Hmm you of course! lol But I'm just kidding. One of the premieres should of course be there in E-Town or Loisville or whatever.
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Elf

I vote Louisville!
Old September 11th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Elven Queen in Training

I'm from New York but I think it would be so marvelous if it premiered in Kentucky where it was filmed.
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Elf

My mom told me I could go if their having it here

*Em
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:12 AM
magsjags

from Cameron's journal::

Now I know how to proceed, to always remind everyone where we’ve come from, where we started with Elizabethtown, and I want to come back here and show the movie first.

Looks like there will definitely be a premiere in Etown or Louisville.
Old September 21st, 2004, 03:27 PM
Legolas, meleth uired-nin

Location: In a secure, undisclosed location with a certain Mirkwood Prince
SQUEEE!!!!! I hope so bad they do premiere it in Louisville or ETown . I will be doing everything in my power to go. Wow, the thought of actually being able to attend a premiere of one of Orlando's films .
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:37 PM
Elf

Louisville, Louisville, Louisville, Louisville, Louisville, Louisville

*Em
Old September 27th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Elf

Imax Theater! Imax theater is huge! Its downtown, in the Louisville Science center! My friend pointed it ot to me today. It has a 60 ft. screen and i forget how many seats they have.. but its enough!

*Em
Old September 27th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Passionately Enthralled

when? Does Anyone Know When?
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Elf

Well... sometime in May... because Cameron Crowe said he would like it around Derby time. But im not 100% sure about the Louisville Science Center.

*Em
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:37 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Nope, nobody knows when. And there's not even a guarantee at this point. I know Cameron dropped everyone a crumb BUT, one must consider how early in the movie process it is, and that a director's wishes don't always come true. *shrugs* Nobody should have their hopes up THIS EARLY in the game because if it doesn't work out, the disappointment is going to sting that much more. Speculation and planning should be left 'til AT LEAST next year, me thinks, but of course...that's just me.
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:03 AM
magsjags

AW Sonia, don't say that.. dashing my hopes.

let's just say he better pull through with the KY premiere.. i'll be so upset. but Orlando probably won't be there anyway- he's hardly ever at premieres it seems like, always off somewhere else filming his next huge blockbuster.
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Elf

MAGGIE! Dont jix it! You might ruin the chances!!!! Ive been planning so much (cause i feel like a nerd now that I said that) I've been looking forward to the premiere forever and a day long!

*Em
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:59 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Girls, BELIEVE ME when I say, I am not just HOPING for an E-Town premiere...I've been PLANNING on it (very literally). BUT...I also have to face the fact that it's WAY early in the production process for ANYTHING to be certain, and with the way studios and executives work these days...*sigh* Blame the fact I've been disappointed too many times in the last few months for my pessimist attitude.

I've got my fingers crossed behind my back though 'cause I still have a mission I'm trying to complete...NOT trying to rain on anyone's parade, just trying to save y'all heartache I know too well
Old October 2nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
Elf

Well understood Sonia!

On the Release Date thread... Looks like July 29, 2005 from Maggie's resources... SO, They usually have the premiere 2 months before it accually comes out. THEREFORE that would be May 2005!

And who said im not good at math...

*Em

EDIT: No No No No... and NO! If POTC 2 filming will begin January 2005 then.... NOOOOOOOO! But then again... When Orlando was in, I believe Arkansas, he went up to Canada for the Haven Premiere. So HOPEFULLY, WISHINGLY, BEGGINGLY, He will do the same for the Etown premiere (I shall pray as much as it takes!)

Last edited by Elf; October 2nd, 2004 at 07:27 AM.
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM
magsjags

Found this on a very tame thread on the IMDB boards, from a girl who lives in Louisville.
"From what I have 'heard' the KY Derby festival is courting Crowe to premiere the film Derby weekend and at The Palace."

come to think of it, The Palace totally makes sense. It's right next to the Brown, where they filmed. It's a small theatre on the outside, but they could close off S. Fourth by Broadway again- its a tiny tiny street.

Old October 4th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Wow....that pic of the Palace Theater is beautiful!!! What a gorgeous building!!! It looks perfect for a movie premiere location!!!

Derby Weekend is right around my birthday. How I would love to attend the Elizabethtown premiere on "my" day!!! Seeing Orlando on my birthday would be a dream come true
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Elf

Alrighty, yesterday I was talking with a girl online yesterday. And from what she heard, theres going to be no premiere in Kentucky. It totally broke my heart into thousands of peices. She was saying this because they had the Seabiscuit premiere and the only people that showed up was some of the minor characters, film crew, and director. I dont know if thats exactly true , but, yeah. And I told her about Crowe's decision about definatley having it here. I dont know, I'm just utterly confused at the moment.

Emily
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:32 AM
magsjags

Don't stress out Emily!! It's still like.. 3 or 4 months. :)
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Elf

Im trying not to,

3 months... 3 months. Uh! I'll be in school if its on a weekday! I'll just beg my mommy and say its one-in-a-life-time kinda things. Hopfully she'll understand