Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old August 9th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Elf

Etown Premiere, Venice filmfestival, Toronto

I was woundering....

Since, maybe, The movie is called Etown, Do y'all think they would have the premiere there or in Louisville? Cause, nothing exciting ever happens in Louisville, or in E-town for that matter (as far as I know). I'd just be bummed if they didnt have it here, cause they always have most premieres in L.A. and New York, I'd just be a shame if they didnt have it here.

Maybe you could post your Ideas here about where they might have the premiere.

*Elf
Old August 9th, 2004, 02:37 AM
luv4ever

maybe they would. u never know. or maybe they would have a premiere at either LA or NY and have one in KY somewhere in honor of the name of the movie.
Old August 9th, 2004, 02:45 AM
daydreamer58

Yes, they just might have one in Elizabethtown itself besides the usual premieres in NY and LA. As a matter of fact, I would be a bit surprised if they didn't have one in E-town to promote the film. They sometimes do that if a film's story is closely associated or is named after a place. I'm thinking right now of Gone With The Wind and the premiere that was held in Atlanta, Georgia.
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Ancalime

Oh, that would be wonderful!!
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Elf

I know! If they did..... I'd probably freak, then freak some more... freak again, Then beg to go

Ancalime, If you went, you'd probably see me with a HUGE poster saying, "I Love Orlando Bloom" with a whole bunch of pictures. OR a HUGE poster saying.... uhhhh... ummmm...... "E-Town Would be nothing without 'Drew Baylor'!" (Or replace the 'Drew Baylor' with 'Orlando Bloom'.

*Elf
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Ancalime

Elf, if I go, I'll be looking for you!!
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Elf

Oh jeez, That was funny

I was talking to my guy friend, Chris eariler, and I was hanging up more Orlando pics. up, and he was like, "What are you doing?!" "Hanging up more Orlando pictures, what else?!"

I can just imagine myself holding up a huge poster.... I'd be all hyperventilating when he come over to sign it....

Any-whoo, thats if they have a premiere here

*Emily
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Ancalime

Elf, let's pray, and cross all available appendages!
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Elf

Old August 9th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I think Louisville has a good shot at a Premiere of Elizabethtown. They did a lot of their shooting and work in and around Louisville. And its a bigger city !!!
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Threthiel

If they did this, I would surely make my way there. This would be exactly when anyway? I'm sure I would have time to take off and money at that time to actually go and be able to meet you Ancalime finally.
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threthiel
If they did this, I would surely make my way there. This would be exactly when anyway? I'm sure I would have time to take off and money at that time to actually go and be able to meet you Ancalime finally.
Hey, that'd be great, Red. I'm game. Think it would be early next summer, possibly?

I just thought it would be neat if they had it in Elizabethtown, since it is the movie's namesake, after all.

And Elf, I must mention that your avi and sig take my breath away!!

Last edited by Ancalime; August 10th, 2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Elf

Or Louisville... Cant forget us people in Louisville . If they were, wouldnt they have it in a bigger place? I havent been to E-town... so i wouldnt know if its big or not.

*Elf
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Ancalime

Elf, when I was in Elizabethtown, my impression was that it's nowhere as large as Louisville, but nor is it merely four corners with one blinking caution light, know what I mean? Somewhere in-between.
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Elf

I think... My minds really not working that well at the moment... about to pass out on my keyboard... *yawn* so tired

Elf*
Old August 11th, 2004, 04:53 AM
magsjags

Cameron Crowe said : "I want to bring the movie back and show it here. My plan on this, because it is more a personal movie, is to take it around... and talk to audiences."

SO-- it'll either be Louisville, Elizabethtown, or possibly Versailles, which I doubt. But Elizabethtown only has one theatre.. lol.

Last edited by magsjags; August 11th, 2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old August 11th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Elf

MAGGIE ARE YOU DEAD SERIOUS?! Oh My Gawd... I need to scream... cry, something!

Someone please scrape me off the floor

*Elf

Last edited by Elf; August 11th, 2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old August 11th, 2004, 07:31 PM
POTCobsessed6

Oh I hope it's in NY, cuz I'd be there!!!! Please! PLease! be in NY!!!!!!!!!
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalime
Hey, that'd be great, Red. I'm game. Think it would be early next summer, possibly?

I just thought it would be neat if they had it in Elizabethtown, since it is the movie's namesake, after all.

And Elf, I must mention that your avi and sig take my breath away!!
Yes, I'll make sure to not schedule time off for next year, so I will have it to take when it comes to that if they do have one there.
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Elf

If they do have it here, which im praying SO much for, I'll be 5 or more hours early, or just camp out infront of the theater its being held at.

Oh, and Ancalime, Thanks, It is sexy,

*Elf
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf
If they do have it here, which im praying SO much for, I'll be 5 or more hours early, or just camp out in front of the theater its being held at.
That's probably what I would do too, Elf.
Old August 13th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Elf

Old August 15th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Elf

I was reading something on another thread, and it said, "The next thing you know is, Cameron Crowe will be walking down Fourth Street, planing a premiere."

That just made me

*Em
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:02 AM
magsjags

I think that it's really likely that he'll bring the movie back here to KY. Elizabethtown's theatre is pretty smallish but its kind of cool looking.. Louisville, on the other hand, has like at least eight or ten theatres so I can't imagine which one they'd do it at. Seems it'd be ETOWN though, the movie's namesake.

*Em, your signature kills me
Old September 7th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Nabila

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4ever
maybe they would. u never know. or maybe they would have a premiere at either LA or NY and have one in KY somewhere in honor of the name of the movie.
Yeah. Would be cool for the people there. But aren't ya being a bit greedy Lol I mean so much of the movie has been shot there in E-Town and Loisville right.? And so many have got to meet him. So of course that was something "exiting" that happened.