Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old July 1st, 2004, 06:17 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyneth
I'm with you there, ancalime. About 3 1/2 hours from me. 3 if I drive like a bat out of hell.

Oh now wait, I did some thinking. He's in Louisville right now, right? Not Elizabethtown?
Then he's 2-1/2 hours away from me.

Old July 1st, 2004, 06:21 AM
Elf

Yes hes in Louisville

~*Elf*~
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:03 PM
Elements

Perhaps Miss Dunst is not staying at the same hotel as Mr Bloom. Or, as someone else has pointed out, perhaps Orlando has rented somewhere so that he can have his puppies with him. I'd rent if it were me
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM
magsjags

ahhhhhhh thats probably it.. good job!
Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Paulie

that thread is very interesting
so Kirsten said she were staying in an hotel...but you don't think it's true
and Orlando may rent a house for his dog,

hmm, i'm pretty confused...
Old July 2nd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Andune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
that thread is very interesting
so Kirsten said she were staying in an hotel...but you don't think it's true
and Orlando may rent a house for his dog,

hmm, i'm pretty confused...
what we're basically saying is that:

-Kirsten, when she named the hotel, either named a different one to the one everyone's staying at, or just isn't bothered by paps enough to worry about being hounded by them

-either Orlando's staying at a hotel that allows his dogs (the one she mentioned doesn't allow pets) or he's rented a house while he's down there so that he could keep his dogs with him.

hope that eases your confusion. Welcome to the board!
Old July 2nd, 2004, 08:42 PM
magsjags

he's definitely staying at a hotel because my sister works with someone who's husband delivered a package to him at a hotel.. i drove past the hotel she mentioned last night.. it was really nice. everytime my cousin saw a person walking on the street she would say, "omg is that him? is that him? is that him?"
Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:25 PM
Elf

Lol....does the husband Know what hotel?!?!?!
Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Andune

With all due respect, and no offense intended, I have a hard time believing second-hand info. Only because every bit of second-hand info I've ever heard's been incorrect. [sarcasm on]I guess we should just wait for the pap pics, because we know they're going to come[sarcasm off] I just hope he's able to relax right now, and is enjoying himself. Ultimately that's important.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
magsjags

i do too. i just mostly believed this because my sister works with old ladies, and i couldn't really see them caring enough to make up stuff..lol. (oh btw, my sister named the brown hotel as where the guy met him at..such a mystery.) i kinda wish that someone would spot him b/c i like hearing where he is around here, but i'm glad people aren't freaking out so he can relax and not get mauled everywhere he goes.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:07 PM
Elements

Perhaps he is in a hotel, perhaps his dogs are with him. Perhaps he stayed in a hotel a couple of nights. Perhaps it wasn't his dog, but someone elses. Perhaps he doesn't really exist and we are all living in a giant construct where the media feed us information to keep us content. Perhaps there is no spoon after all.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:14 PM
Elf

SPOON?!...Well i dont think that Orlando would be walking some1 elses dog...but hey...I would give him pemission to walk Roxie...only if i get to go with him...

~*Elf*~

Drew Baylor
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:27 PM
daydreamer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
Perhaps he doesn't really exist and we are all living in a giant construct where the media feed us information to keep us content.
Sounds a lot like the Matrix!
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:47 PM
In Valinor

Talking OrlandoMatrix

The Architect - Hello, Orlando.

Orlando - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the hotel. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

Orlando - Why am I here...in this hotel?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the staffing of the hotel. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Orlando - Uh huh. You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

*The Orlando fans look at each other on monitors..."others?! There are other Orlando's?!"*

The Architect - The hotel is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*The Orlando fans start scratching their heads and wondering what the heck is going on...*

Orlando - There are only two possible explanations: either no one made my hotel reservations, or no one knows I'm in Louisville.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Media jump in and start erroneously reporting Orlando's whereabouts*

Orlando - Choice. The problem is choice. Which hotel accepts pets?

*The monitors show Orlando walking his dogs*

The Architect - The first hotel I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. The Sabre Reservation System.

Orlando - Just tell me where my room is!

The Architect - Oh ok! You're staying at
Spoiler

Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:50 PM
magsjags

bleh.. this is exhausting, all this hotel speculation. i think we should stop until it comes from his own mouth.. or we see pictures. too much trouble debating.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
daydreamer58

Elf Lady! That was GREAT! BEAUTIFUL! PERFECT!!

By the way, what are you smoking??
Old July 2nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
Elements

Nice one EL!!! I thought I was going off on a tangent, but you are now officially the tangent queen!!! Oh, and I actually think that made way more sense than it did in the film
Old July 2nd, 2004, 11:43 PM
Rozzan

EL !!

I am glad this thread was started just so I had the opportunity to read your treatise on it.

And Ele... There is no spoon... very good indeed
Old July 2nd, 2004, 11:48 PM
Elf

EL! THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!! U kno...That would be great if that was a little movie clip...haha..I would go mad with laughter

~*Elf*~

Drew Baylor
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
Threthiel

EL that was so funny! Thanks for the laugh!
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:10 AM
Pervy Picture Handler

<laughing with tears in her eyes, collapsing on her keyboard>

Elflady!!!

- I will never watch my Matrix I dvd the way I did before !!

~ Naz maybe this discussion of hotels can find an end some day ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:29 AM
Andune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady
The Architect - Hello, Orlando.

Orlando - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the hotel. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

Orlando - Why am I here...in this hotel?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the staffing of the hotel. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Orlando - Uh huh. You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

*The Orlando fans look at each other on monitors..."others?! There are other Orlando's?!"*

The Architect - The hotel is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*The Orlando fans start scratching their heads and wondering what the heck is going on...*

Orlando - There are only two possible explanations: either no one made my hotel reservations, or no one knows I'm in Louisville.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Media jump in and start erroneously reporting Orlando's whereabouts*

Orlando - Choice. The problem is choice. Which hotel accepts pets?

*The monitors show Orlando walking his dogs*

The Architect - The first hotel I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. The Sabre Reservation System.

Orlando - Just tell me where my room is!

The Architect - Oh ok! You're staying at
Spoiler

OMG ladies, this has to go in our book!!
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:35 AM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andune
OMG ladies, this has to go in our book!!

yes!! - and we have to include elflady's spoiler!!!!

~ Naz ~

Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
Andune

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88

yes!! - and we have to include elflady's spoiler!!!!

~ Naz ~
Well of course! It wouldn't be the same without it! Which chapter would it go in?
Old July 3rd, 2004, 01:23 AM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andune
Well of course! It wouldn't be the same without it! Which chapter would it go in?
Either the media one or the chapter about why we are so affected [by that virus] - no wait - the chapter about his movies

totally helpless about that ....

maybe a 'behind the scenes' .... [not of 'Matrix', of course ]

anyway, it has to be in....

~ Naz ~