Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old June 28th, 2004, 03:40 PM
magsjags

Orlando & Kirsten spottings

This was in the Courier Journal (Louisville's paper):

If you've seen someone who looks like the double of People magazine most eligible bachelor, Orlando Bloom, or thought an attractive woman dining nearby might by "Spider-Man 2" co-star Kirsten Dunst, your eyes weren'y deceiving you. The two movie stars, who soon will be shooting a romantic comedy called "Elizabethtown" in Kentucky, were spotted last week having dinner with director Cameron Crowe at Artemisia on Main Street and shopping at Whole Foods on Shelbyville Road.

Old June 28th, 2004, 04:11 PM
*Blue Eyes*

What's so about it?
Old June 28th, 2004, 05:08 PM
British Boy Lovin' Goon

So they're hanging out together...that's cool. Kirsten Dunst seems like a funny girl from a lot i've seen of her, a little ditzy, but no less cool. I don't know how their chemistry we'll work out - but hey, Cameron managed to make Tom and Renee work! So I have faith it'll be...interesting.

(I wonder if Kate is there?)
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:31 PM
k-townlegolaslass07

OK this was obviously just a film meeting. There's nothing going on between these two, im sure.
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Elf

Smile

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! ........HOLY.......AH! AH! AH! omg...AHHHH! .....whoa man....AH!!! thank you thank you thank you thank you .....AH! THANK YOUUU!!!!
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Andune

I'm guessing there was no proof other than this writer's word. No offense, but I have a hard time believing a lot of these things lately. On another note I think these two could work on-screen - Crowe's movies hardly ever disappoint.
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Aroreiel

That's true. I've only seen 'Jerry Maguire' and 'Almost Famous' (which is one of my fave films) and Cameron Crowe always seems to bring out the best in his actors. I have every faith in him here. Kirsten and Orlando don't seem like a conventional match but who wants to go with convention eh? Hehe. The whole point of the story between their characters is that they are total opposites anyway (according to the script review)...Drew's sanity is hanging by a thread and Claire is the eternal optimist - opposites attract.

I'm interested in watching his other films now.
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:37 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Saw this tidbit posted on OBM:

Quote:
Orli sighting
Jaimelee reports: On a Louisville radio station this morning a DJ was talking about how Orlando Bloom had gone down to Forth Street Live (a local "play" area) and was not allowed in because he had one of his dogs with him & dogs are not allowed in.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:03 PM
British Boy Lovin' Goon

I actually believe it. I saw the area on the net after I googled it and it's outside - it'd be a common misconception for him wanting to bring his dog in there. I have a really funny visual though of a bunch of security guys coming up to Orlando and telling him to leave the area because of one of his pooches
Old June 29th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Claddagh

There have been a few sightings of Orlando, Kirsten and Cameron this week. Someone on LJ went to the same screening of Fahreinheit 9/11 as them! In an interview last week, Kirsten said that they are rehearsing for Elizabethtown. I'd been hoping that Orli would have a good break before E'Town, but it's good that they are getting to spend a lot of time together to get to know one another.
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:03 AM
magsjags

i think its really unlikely that our paper would make that up..but maybe i'll be going to fourth street live more often now. i really hope people don't start freaking out though. if i ever saw him i'd feel too bad to go up to him..i'd be happy enough to just see him
Old June 29th, 2004, 04:59 AM
k-townlegolaslass07

That is great that he is getting out and getting a break!

Quote:
Someone on LJ went to the same screening of Fahreinheit 9/11 as them!
Oh they are lucky!!
Old June 29th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Elf

Yea, Our paper wouldnt lie....HOPEFULLY THEY'LL GET PICS OF ORLANDO RIGHT MAGSJAGS05?! lolI know one thing...im keepin my eye open for him!!!
~*Elf*~
Old June 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Flybaby014563

Aw man!That is so like not fair!Ok,ok.I'm just kidding.But seriously man,we get like no cool people here in K.C. I hope that Orlando makes a movie here before I graduate from high school.

~Peace Out~

-Nikki
Old June 29th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Ancalime

Oh my gosh, just three hours away from me...the mind boggles.
Old June 29th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Elf

I know the Hotel that their staying at. Im not so sure if I should tell ... Im not lieing about this eaither, because Kristen told this 1 dude...then the dude told some people, then it got around to my friend, and now me and her are going downtown!!! The reason why I probably shouldnt tell is because, if I tell, the word will spread as fast as I dont know what. But... URGH im confuzzled!
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Elements

Elf, don't tell. Word does indeed spread VERY fast on the internet. If you have found out and are going down there then that is your decision, but please do not let the whole world know because you could force him and Kirsten to have to move and that would be a real hassel for them both and really not very pleasent. Look at what happened in Spain, and the film hasn't even started filming yet. I know you are excited, but please, for Orlando's sake, keep it to yourself.

btw... are dogs allowed in hotels in the states? I am sure that the nice hotels here don't usually let pets in.
Old June 29th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Flybaby014563

Yeah.Not a good idea to let a word out.I don't want anything to happen to Kirsten or Orlando.Elements is right.I don't want the same thing to happen like it did when Orlando was in Spain.

God I felt so sorry for him.I was also wondering about the hotel thing too.I think he'll be able to let his dog in the hotel,but I think he's going to have to pay so his dog can get it.I dunno.My dog is never really with my family when we're on vacation.We just usually leave him with my grandparents.

~Peace Out~

-Nikki
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:11 PM
In Valinor

Definitely don't tell, Elf. Look how fast it got to you. Imagine if it became public knowledge and the fans go to the hotel in droves. Definitely NOT a good thing.
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Trojan Queen

I can't stand it! If I lived within a few hours driving distance, I'd soooo be there! Unfortunately, I live in Louisiana and that's just too far when you only have one day to accomplish that which you'd give ANYTHING, I MEAN...GAH!!!..Just the thought of seeing HIM ..OH MY ...I CAN'T TAKE IT...I HAVE TO STOP NOW, BEFORE I ...too late!!

for a miracle
Trojan Queen
Old June 29th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Photo Fanatic

I agree - don't tell. Let the poor guy alone. Judging by all the paparazzi pics lately, he hasn't had a lot of private time. And having to change hotels because fans are disruptive would not be very kind to him.

As to hotels, some are pet-friendly, some are not. It's usually listed in the hotel description. I was surprised to see the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, was pet-friendly! Somehow taking your pet with you to a theme park, then leaving them alone while you go play in the park is not kind to the pet. I'd rather leave them with friends or relatives at home where they're comfortable! But I have taken them on the road with me and it's cool to be able to have them stay with me. I'm sure there's somewhere around the city where he'll be able to take his pooch with him for some run and playtime!

Casey
Old June 29th, 2004, 07:52 PM
k-townlegolaslass07

Elf, dont tell, whatever you do. That would be unkind to ORlando and the rest of the people staying at that HOtel. Ancalime, my mind would boggle if he were 3 hours away from me too!
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:38 PM
magsjags

kirsten was just on TRL and they were bringing up a guy from the street who lived in KY and she started talkin about how she was workin in Louisville..exciting
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
btw... are dogs allowed in hotels in the states? I am sure that the nice hotels here don't usually let pets in.
It's more dependent upon the state which you stay in and the hotel chain. I know here in North Carolina, there are few that allow pets, but more northward, they do. I can't remember for the life of me if the do in KY or not, haven't stayed at a hotel there in years.

And Ancalime, I know how you feel. I keep remembering that he's in the same time zone as me now. Just kinda cool.
Old June 30th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Elf

I looked at the video tour of the hotel...its REALLY NICE. I would like to stay there. They have like, 5 chandeliers in this huge room..and their service looks really nice, as well as the food.. The rooms are beautiful...im definately goin to visit that hotel

~*Elf*~