Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Pirates of the Carribean Picture Exhibition

Source:
http://www.cuttysark.org.uk/index.cf...3567&from=list

Pirates of the Caribbean exhibition in the Cutty Sark Visitor Centre
User photo not available By Louise Massara in GENERAL
Published: Thursday, 22 November 07 - 12:21 PM (GMT)
Oscar-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer is staging an exhibition of photographs taken from his private collection to help raise money for the Cutty Sark Conservation Project. The exhibition will feature more than thirty pictures taken on set during the filming of the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, which is released on DVD next week.
The exhibition opens at the Cutty Sark Visitor Centre, on Friday 23rd November, from 11.00am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.30pm) for 7 days. All proceeds go to the Cutty Sark Conservation Project.

Never-before-seen images will be shown of some of Hollywood’s biggest names including Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom. Taken both on and off the set, the photos encapsulate some of the most dramatic moments and scenes from the movie and offer a rare insight into life behind the scenes on one of the most successful film trilogies of all time.

Tickets will cost £3 for adults, but children can enter free of charge (accompanied by an adult). All of the funds raised will go towards the fire appeal launched by the Cutty Sark Trust in May this year. Jerry Bruckheimer, who was visiting London with members of the cast at the time the tragedy struck in May this year, saw this project as a fitting cause given the role that Cutty Sark played in inspiring the main ship of the trilogy: the Black Pearl.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

Ohh!! This is great!! Oh bugger, to bad I don't live in London yet..

Thanks for this Ginger

Last edited by Kate_Sienna_Inwë; November 22nd, 2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Sorry, but there are no information at that link...where did you found it?
Old November 22nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Oh well it was there a minute ago. Sorry it's been removed. Maybe it will be back up later.
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Passionately Enthralled

On Youtube there is a video from BBC about this exhibition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJQS7GQyOQ

Last edited by mayfrayn; November 25th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

I still have to say: That part is so beautifully acted by the both of them, just stunning
To bad it's only opened for a few days, otherwise I could see it in March.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:22 AM
snpgirl

Thank you for the video,
Such a shame I wont beable to get down to london at the moment and its not running a bit longer.
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Would it be a way to see those pictures? I mean could you take any steps to get those pictures? could we get into contact with Cuttysark.org and convinced them to uploaded them to internet? Could we suggest them to put them on sale for people interesting in buying them? aren't they looking for some money? that would be a great way of making a killing! I can imagine the best sellers pics

I want to see those pics! any idea ladies? have you got any info about the possibility of seeing the pics being away from London? Why am I not in London?
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

oh this is awesome! I hope some Londoners can enjoy this!! Love that picture and I would love to see more!!!

Hopefully Jerry will release some of his collection again
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Found a better picture on a website

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/arts/a...ark/article.do

Quote:
The makers of the Pirates of the Caribbean films are supporting the cause and are opening an exhibition of props from the movies beside the ship, with some auctioned for the charity when it closes.
http://www.cafonline.org/Default.aspx?page=14767

Last edited by mayfrayn; November 25th, 2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:33 AM
absoluteimp

He ought to put it in a Photobook of sorts...if he charged $50 a pop for each book, surely he'd bring in quite a good amount for the charity. I also hope he does the show in LA so I can go see it. Cuz I won't be in London til January dammit! Here's to hoping for those in print!
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
besotted with buttons

Yeah would seem to be a good way to raise funds, I hope the exhibition does a bit of a tour, that would be great too. The need some help with marketing they know where to come huh? heehhe

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:00 AM
absoluteimp

I think we should volunteer!
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
In Love

yes. i hope he'd show the pictures online and sell it for charity.
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:43 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks for the info, Ginger, and the pic too mayfrayn, it is quite a lovely shot. Jerry seems quite an avid photographer!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM
In love with my Romeo...

Thanks for that pic, mayfrayn!
Old November 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I mean, and sorry for insisting in this, but as fansite, couldn't we address to the cuttysarkorg and suggest this idea, to sell pics online, o ask them whether they are going to publish a book or not? could we send an e-mail as we did in the past to ask Yury films to release Haven in Europe? as a group, individualy, writing a letter to Jerry Bruckheimer, getting in contact with him through his site, looking for some support in other fan sites, affiates, for instance?...
Old November 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Curiously Alive

Good Idea Helen.....As mom used to say...it can't hurt to ask.

Count me in!
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Andie

I think it's a great idea. We should try it soon.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:57 PM
In love with my Romeo...

Yes, why not???
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
A collection of photos taken by Oscar-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will go on display this week in London to help raise money for the Cutty Sark conservation project. The exhibition will feature more than thirty pictures taken on set during the filming of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, which is released on DVD next week.
The exhibition, which will take place at the Cutty Sark visitor centre, Greenwich, features never before seen images of some of Hollywood’s biggest names including Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom. Taken both on and off the set, the photos encapsulate some of the most dramatic moments and scenes from the movie and also offer a rare insight into life behind the scenes on one of the most successful film trilogies of all time.
The photos will go on display from 23rd to 29th November and all of the funds raised will be added to the Cutty Sark Conservation Project launched by the Cutty Sark Trust. Six months on from the devastating fire which nearly destroyed the Cutty Sark, the launch of the exhibition follows a renewed appeal for funds by the Trust.
Ruth Beman, Disney, commented: “The Cutty Sark is important not only to London but also to British and maritime history so it would be great to see her restored to her former glory. There are many similarities between the Cutty Sark and the most famous ship of the Pirates trilogy, the Black Pearl, and Disney is delighted to be working with Jerry Bruckheimer to give something back through Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.”
Visitors to the exhibition will be able to enjoy a video introduction from Jerry Bruckheimer as well as footage from the movie. Narrative from the producer alongside each picture allows the viewer to follow the storyline of the movie in still life.
Julia Parker, Operations Manager at the Cutty Sark Trust, adds: “We have been delighted with the level of support we have received in the six months since the fire on the Cutty Sark but we never dreamed we’d be playing host to Jerry Bruckheimer’s own personal photo collection. It’s fantastic to have been able to work with Disney and bring about this integration of popular arts with history in such a way. The photos really capture the romance and adventure of the sea; something that is so very close to all of us.”
The exhibition opens at the Cutty Sark visitor centre, Greenwich, Friday 23rd November, from 11.00am – 5.00pm for 7 days. All proceeds go to the Cutty Sark Conservation Project.
http://www.cuttysark.org.uk/index.cf...&pageId=146682

Just added some information about the exhibition....
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:56 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen View Post
I mean, and sorry for insisting in this, but as fansite, couldn't we address to the cuttysarkorg and suggest this idea, to sell pics online, o ask them whether they are going to publish a book or not? could we send an e-mail as we did in the past to ask Yury films to release Haven in Europe? as a group, individualy, writing a letter to Jerry Bruckheimer, getting in contact with him through his site, looking for some support in other fan sites, affiates, for instance?...
Helen, you are more than welcome to write/email Jerry Bruckheimer (if he has any contact info available to the public) and ask if any remaining photos from the exhibit will be made available for purchase. We generally don't, as a site, involve ourselves in endeavors like that. Since there are only 30-odd photos being displayed though, they may all sell during the exhibit.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:39 AM
absoluteimp

But that doesn't mean they can't be made into print for a photobook...so there's still hope!
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks for your support ladies! :grouphug2: we can try to ask. Sure Jerry could get some copies for people overseas... he should... you have gone and watched his movies four times at leat each of them... good opportunity to remind him of that.... I will try to find jerry's address and let's see. ok? it will take me a couple of days...
Old November 28th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Crazy in Love

THE PICTURES ARE AMAZING... OMG! Thanks to RosieB of Click!Orlando! for giving us a chance to see them... OMG!!!!!!!!

The pictures are over here, at Click!Orlando!. The are not to be reposted anywhere, per her request.