Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old June 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Blackpearl77

i love the one when the are like freezing and it is played again at the end scene and the sailing into shipwreck cove.i think it is called the New Love Suite.I will watch the bonus features and check.
Old August 15th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Awaiting a warrior prince

I was watching the womens gymnastics all around individual competition and one of the ladies did her floor routine to the POTC1 theme. Which is really the overall theme for the Pirates. I just about spit my drink on the screen when the opening bars began. So Pirates made it to Bejing.

Snoey
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:38 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

My sister happened to hear that in the background of our telecast too Snoe, and she managed to track down who it was. Oksana Chusovitina, not sure what country she's from, but she made the All-Around final and came 9th. No YouTube clip as yet, but it might turn up a bit later.

EDIT: Didn't re-read the whole email from my sis, Chusovitina was competing for Germany I gather, though not from there originally

Last edited by Avalon Mists; August 16th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Darn it, I have been watching the Olympics, particularly the gymnastics. How could I have missed it? Then again, the all-around finals didn't start until late at night and ended around 1:00 AM so I probably dozed a bit and missed it.

But Oksana Chusovitina makes a great human interest story. Yes, she was from the former Soviet Union(Uzbekistan?) and first appeared in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics for the Soviet Unified team. She has participated in the subsequent Olympics but retired from gymnastics when she was pregnant with her son. A couple years ago, her son was diagnosed with leukemia. She moved to Germany to get the best care for him. As a way to earn money to help pay for medical costs, Oksana went back to gymnastics. Right now, her son is doing fine with the treatment. And in Beijing Oksana won her first individual Olympic medal, a silver medal for the vault routine. And she is 33 years old. You go, girl.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM
Awaiting a warrior prince

I saw her. The reason she left Russia was they told her that they did not have a bed available to treat her son. That was just asinine!

I'm just so happy that she was able to go to Germany and get her son some treatment.

Snoe
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Yep, me again, reacting to a VERY old thread... forgive me, moderators, but I just don't know where else to put this (didn't find a thread just for this). But does anybody else here own the box-set of all soundtrack-CD's plus the bonus-CD's with the unreleased music?

Well, if there's anyone who wants to hear - in my opinion - the greatest theme ever composed for "Pirates" - then you have to click on the youtube-link below. Unfortunately it's not the whole track as on the disc; there are about 2 minutes left from the beginning of the original suite (which includes the part when Will dies and his father approaches him to cut out his heart, just without the choir we hear in the movie version) and it starts with the part of the music that was played during the "parachute-scene". Still, this is so beautiful, so much more forceful than the theme on the normal soundtrack that I feel like choking everytime I listen to it. Did so the other evening and ALAS, I cried rivers again... Call me overly emotional, but it is like it is. And I don't want to suffer alone, so please... share this torment with me.

At World's End - Marry Me - Will and Elizabeth Love Suite

I don't take any responsibilities.
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:53 PM
at world´s end and beyond

Thanks Beriawen! You did right posting this.
The Marry Me suite from the "pirates treasures bonus dics" might be one of the most beautiful instrumental suites for a move EVER!!!

I remember the day I discovered it and heard to it, I CRIED SO MUCH, literally! I have it in all my music players since then , I swear
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Photo Fanatic

I think I have this, but can someone upload to our servers?
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
Thanks Beriawen! You did right posting this.
The Marry Me suite from the "pirates treasures bonus dics" might be one of the most beautiful instrumental suites for a move EVER!!!

I remember the day I discovered it and heard to it, I CRIED SO MUCH, literally! I have it in all my music players since then , I swear
Thank you Nel!

Gawd, yes! I have to say, Hans Zimmer has been my most favourite composer for quite a long time now (started to like his music because of "Rain Man") and he's written a lot tremendous catchy tunes! But with this theme, he's outdone himself. But he cursed me as I just can't get rid of this! I have it on my mind constantly! I mean, it definitely is a heartbreakingly beautiful piece of music but if you try to focus on your work but can't because you seem to always hum that theme along... it's bordering obsession!

Anyway, in my opinion it would have been even better if the "Marriage"-sequence from that was at the beginning and then changed over to the solemnly sadder part that played during the Parachute-scene, then move on to the basic Love Theme/Main theme that should have built up like it does from 2:53 in the above link, only to erupt in a fulminant crescendo... Short - just turn these two parts around! *lol* But would it be presumptious to tell the master of epic movie-tracks he should've done that differently?

BWT: I skimmed through youtube again and here's the Suite from the original beginning like on the disc until right before the beginning of the "marriage-scene". And... Will's death included.

Marry Me Suite - First part

Last edited by Beriawen; March 17th, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

This one nearly kills me every time I hear it! - best movie theme ever!
Thanks for the reminder, Beri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymochridh View Post
I think I have this, but can someone upload to our servers?
Your wish is my command! - here's the mp3:

Right click/save: Marry Me - ScoreSuiteAWE.mp3 - 11 MB

I think this is worth crossposting at the video download forum ...

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post

*pets potc complete ost*
I can still hear you SCREAM and you sent it over to me right away and we both flooded our msn with tears!.. Aaaah Beautiful.

The part that i wish we had a decent mp3 of is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8n21NhwKnQ

Part of the crew, part of the ship and with that haunting music..*sobs*
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Photo Fanatic

Thank you, Naz!!!

Slainte, all my OL friends!!!
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Passionately Enthralled

NAZ!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andnolewen View Post

Oh yes... that part with the boy's choir added to it... Always makes me have atomic goose-bumps all over. *shivers* It's a sin that Hans Zimmer did not record it like that for the score. Then again, maybe he was aware of our reactions to that music and simply wanted to avoid mass hysteria and mass suicides.

And I did not even reckon with such a response to my thread-revival. Thanks, girls!
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andnolewen View Post

*sobs with you*

I made an .mp3 out of this - there is a little rustling in the background, of which I'm not sure if it belongs to the original track/scene. But apart from that, it's pretty decent.

Right click/save: Part of the Ship Part of the Crew.mp3 - 2.8 MB

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88 View Post
*sobs with you*

I made an .mp3 out of this - there is a little rustling in the background, of which I'm not sure if it belongs to the original track/scene. But apart from that, it's pretty decent.
Thank you so much darling!!
This doesn't belong to the original soundtrack. Sounds like it's been recorded and they removed the voices..

Now I can sob even harder
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Happily Obsessed

Thanks so much Beri, for this POTC AWE soundtrack thread revival!

I had forgotten lately just how much I had loved this music.

Used to play the AWE soundtrack constantly, (as I had also with the first two), but

had forgotten about it lately.

Love all the new recordings found!

Thanks again for the revival!
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
bynx1234

Thank!!! I love One Day!!!
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Inspired by him

I just found this cover of all the Pirates' musical themes by one of my favourite bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9LFP5QkwJ0
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:40 PM
at world´s end and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar Rulz View Post
I just found this cover of all the Pirates' musical themes by one of my favourite bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9LFP5QkwJ0
OMG! thank you so much for posting... I simply love it. Must download it to hear it as mp3
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Thanks for sharing TR! Wonderful find!!!
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
chronicler of Ibelin

Location: Germany - some miles northwest of Hamburg - but in my mind I'm living at Ibelin, Port Royal...
Yes, Beri, I also own these bonus CD. The AWE-Soundtrack - especially One Day - and the bonus Track Marry Me is my absolutely favourite soundtracks among all of them.

Amazing, heartbreaking ... missing words ...

What man is man, who doesn't make the world better?

Balian of Ibelin
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundolf View Post
Yes, Beri, I also own these bonus CD. The AWE-Soundtrack - especially One Day - and the bonus Track Marry Me is my absolutely favourite soundtracks among all of them.

:
Me too!!!