Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Aww! That was a fabulous (and fabulously sad!) scene! Thanks for posting!
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Awwww - thank you so much for posting Aranel-calen! I loved that scene, it was fabulous!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Human News Ticker

This thread hasn't been used in years but i thought this deserved to be posted

Source

Quote:
"Elizabethtown" movie still inspires road trips

While the movie “Elizabethtown” likely hasn’t seen a “new releases” shelf in years, it’s still on some people’s minds.

In fact, a Tennessee couple watches it at least once a month. Garrett Corum and his girlfriend, Tiffany Witt, say it’s their favorite movie. The film was, after all, the first one they saw together.

“We both loved it right away,” said the 22-year-old Corum.

Fitting of the movie’s road trip theme, they plan this week to visit locations where “Elizabethtown” was filmed.

The 2005 movie — which was directed by Cameron Crowe and stars Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst — has drawn others to this area over the past few years. These have included a range of visitors, from girls moved to hysteria at the site of Bloom during the filming at Elizabethtown’s Public Square to a Virginia family who moved here after watching it.

The local tourism department on its Web page sill prominently touts the town’s connection to the film.

While based in Elizabethtown, the movie also was shot in Louisville and Versailles. Corum and Witt also plan to visit those towns — specifically sites in the movie, including Louisville’s Brown Hotel and Cave Hill Cemetery. They had planned a trip to Otter Creek Park, the locale of a picturesque Ohio River scene, but it has since closed to the public.

Corum, a recent University of Tennessee grad, said he plans to make a video of the trip and post it on a Facebook fan page for the film. He received some itinerary advice from a local woman through Facebook.

Members of the fan group live as far away as France.

The romantic comedy is about a young man who, after failing in the shoe industry, visits family in Kentucky because his father has just died, and is welcomed with Southern hospitality and, of course, falls for a girl.

“It’s a good movie about life,” Corum said. He said he also liked it because it’s off-the-wall and character-driven.

Witt, a 23-year-old teacher, said she can easily relate to the characters, and a cooking scene is reminiscent of her family at Thanksgiving.

Plus, the eastern Tennessee couple both said they like the soundtrack, which features songs from bands such as My Morning Jacket and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

“We absolutely adore this movie,” Corum said.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Thank you, IC!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
at world´s end and beyond

how cool is that, eh?!!! thanks IC

I always thought that if I had the chance to travel to the US, I would love to see those places oh well... all I can do is dream it , and that is for free
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Pretty cool! Wasn't there an interview or something that Orlando and Sidi took a road trip back to LA after E-Town? Or was that part of the filming? I LOVE Elizabethtown too. We saw it in the theatre on opening weekend, have since bought it and we watch it often. It reminds me of home, the chaos of a house filled with relatives on a hot, humid, summer day in the south.