Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Kingdom of Heaven

Old October 14th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

No, luv4ever, it's just the theatrical version of the film and the extras, most of which we've already seen in the video clips here on this forum, are internet featurettes and short docos, plus the interactive grid thing (haven't seen that yet).

But this will be good to watch while waiting for the extended version Ridley promised!

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old October 14th, 2005, 05:45 AM
luv4ever

aww, no fair, catz had some. lol
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Babs_Milano

OMG The curiosity to see this DVD is killing me!!! But I have to wait till 19th..

But then, finally I can see the movie in english and listen to the original Orlando voice. I find it so deep!!!
I can imagine that for you is normal, but for us is not so easy to have the original version of movie, we have to wait till dvd and when we have it we listen carefully to understand everything!!!

ciao Babs
Old October 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs_Milano
OMG The curiosity to see this DVD is killing me!!! But I have to wait till 19th..

But then, finally I can see the movie in english and listen to the original Orlando voice. I find it so deep!!!
I can imagine that for you is normal, but for us is not so easy to have the original version of movie, we have to wait till dvd and when we have it we listen carefully to understand everything!!!

ciao Babs
But isn't it subtitled in italian for the english version?
When I lived in Rome for a short while we bought our DVD player there,and also some movies.And they even had norwegian subtitles.
There are also movie theatres in Rome that show movies in the original language.My husband has seen Gladiator,Troy and Van Helsing there in the original language. Do you need to live in the big cities in Italy to get to do that?
Old October 14th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Babs_Milano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene
But isn't it subtitled in italian for the english version?
When I lived in Rome for a short while we bought our DVD player there,and also some movies.And they even had norwegian subtitles.
There are also movie theatres in Rome that show movies in the original language.My husband has seen Gladiator,Troy and Van Helsing there in the original language. Do you need to live in the big cities in Italy to get to do that?

For the english verison you can choose wich kind of subtitle you want. I usually choose english language with english subtitle to make some exercise and to better undertstand (for me it is easier to read, because of accent). Regarding the movie theatre with original language: you are right, only in big city there is this opportunity and not all the movies they do, only few selected for different languages, I mean some film in english, some in french some in spanish etc.) KOH was not one of those unfortunately
Old October 14th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Been there, done that

Wow, that's interesting...I always thought that movies are released all over the world in original version with subtitles...I mean in cinema. I'm always so angry when they make it in czech like for example Spider-man but now I see that I should be even happy for such a few movies in Czech language...
Old October 16th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Soul On Fire

Ok, does anyone else own the DVD yet? I haven't seen any reviews of it yet. I liked it a lot, but I want to see all the deleted scenes. Otherwise, I loved the behind the scenes stuff with that grid. Orlando's wearing his black knitted cap and Ridley is talking about it and then he puts a helmet on Orlando's head with the hat on.... Orly's face it priceless! He looks like, WTF is this man doing to me?
Old October 17th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Just reading :)

Question

Hi :), well I got my dvd yesterday, but since I had a mayor thing, a friends wedding I couldn't see it until today!!! and I loved it!!!!!!
Orlando is so totally and incredible handsome!! and really I have no clear idea why, but this movie is the one that moves me the most!!!!!
Of the ones he has done alone, just checking, since LOTR just totally rocks also .

But I'm having some problems , mostly with the extras of the internet I can't listen to them!!! is anyone having this kind of problems to?? my PC just doesn't want to play the audio!!!!!
Also, where are the images of the cut scenes in the dvd?? 'cause I just haven't found them!!!!! and I just can't wait for the Director's cut!!!
Hugs everyone!!!! I hope someone is going to be able to help me!!
Be well and take care.

Last edited by Erin_21; October 17th, 2005 at 04:11 AM.
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbabe04
Ok, does anyone else own the DVD yet? I haven't seen any reviews of it yet. I liked it a lot, but I want to see all the deleted scenes. Otherwise, I loved the behind the scenes stuff with that grid. Orlando's wearing his black knitted cap and Ridley is talking about it and then he puts a helmet on Orlando's head with the hat on.... Orly's face it priceless! He looks like, WTF is this man doing to me?
I have the DVD... where is what you're talking about?
Old October 17th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

I hate you!!!! I'm too jealous! LOL, of course, I like everybody who love Orlando! Why the dvd come out only November 4th in my country?!
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:01 AM
SueJo2

What do we think we'll be in the Director's cut?

S
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Soul On Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I have the DVD... where is what you're talking about?
It's the Interactive Grid thingy on the Special Features disc. You can choose to play all or choose from pre production, production, and post production from the POVs of either the director, the cast, or the crew. It's really nifty.

Erin_21, I haven't had that problem. Of course, my computer's CD-ROM is broken and no longer opens or loads or anything, so it could be on your computer. Does it work in regular DVD players?
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:44 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin_21

Also, where are the images of the cut scenes in the dvd?? 'cause I just haven't found them!!!!!
There aren't really any cut scenes in entirety, but we do get glimpses of the banquet scene that was cut, the fight between Guy and Balian in the tent, and Sibylla's son. They are mostly just scattered images in the production section of the second disc.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 18th, 2005, 05:04 AM
luv4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyneth
There aren't really any cut scenes in entirety, but we do get glimpses of the banquet scene that was cut, the fight between Guy and Balian in the tent, and Sibylla's son. They are mostly just scattered images in the production section of the second disc.
just like the menu has scenes in the backround that werent in the movie like balian and sibylla the morning after, which i would of loved to of seen
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:48 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4ever
like balian and sibylla the morning after, which i would of loved to of seen
woo-yahhhh baby! or more of the night before.

Old October 19th, 2005, 05:15 AM
luv4ever

Quote:
woo-yahhhh baby! or more of the night before.
oooh yeah...lol
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Been there, done that

Ok, ok, today's the day! Today KOH has been released here in the Czech Republic!!! Can't wait till I get the DVD! Balian is on his way to my home
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Crazy in Love

Great news. Those under 18 fans really did want to see KOH.

from Yahoo! News here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Kingdom' takes crown on DVD sales, rental charts
Wednesday October 19 8:25 PM ET

Quote:
"Kingdom of Heaven" did on DVD what it couldn't do at the boxoffice: It became a smash hit.

The Ridley Scott-helmed epic about the Crusades, which grossed less than $48 million in its domestic theatrical release against a budget estimated at $130 million, topped both the DVD sales and rental charts its first week out.

The 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment release won an easy victory on VideoScan's First Alert sales chart for the week ending October 16, beating several other new mid-range theatricals -- including Universal's Will Ferrell-starring comedy "Kicking & Screaming," which fared better at the boxoffice but debuted at No. 6 on the preliminary national sales chart.

"Kingdom of Heaven" also opened with a bang on Home Media Retailing's rental chart for the week ending October 16, sliding into No. 1 with estimated rental earnings of $10.1 million, or 21.2 percent of its total theatrical take.

Other new theatrical releases that hit the chart in their first week in stores are Warner's "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" (No. 5 sales, No. 3 rental) and Universal's Jet Li actioner "Unleashed" (No. 3 sales, No. 16 rental).

Buena Vista's "Cinderella" remained an exceptionally strong seller its second week out, hanging on to the No. 2 spot on the DVD sales chart.

Two newly released TV DVD compilations also made the top 20 First Alert: "South Park: The Complete Sixth Season," from Paramount, debuted at No. 10, and Fox's "Arrested Development: Season Two" bowed at No. 12.
I knew it.
Old October 20th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Ancalime

I am enjoying my DVD SO much. And I can't get the soundtrack music out of my head. What a *great* movie.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalime
I am enjoying my DVD SO much. And I can't get the soundtrack music out of my head. What a *great* movie.
I know, Ancalime, I've practically worn out my soundtrack already, because I play it all the time!

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:24 AM

Well I have to say I'm so happy about the fact this Dvd is working so well!!!! I was so sad 'cause this movies didn't do as good as it deserved in the boxoffice!!!
Well now we just have to wait for the director's cut!! since I already have the dvd, the cd and the book!!!
More, more!! :) hugs be well and take care.
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:49 AM
Lakita

Yay! I'm SOOO glad to hear the DVD is doing well!
Old October 21st, 2005, 03:44 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGirl
I know, Ancalime, I've practically worn out my soundtrack already, because I play it all the time!

~Gem~
me three, Gem. I currently have 4 movie soundtracks loaded in my car CD player... KOH, BHD, and two LotR ones! Love them all!

Old October 21st, 2005, 07:29 PM

Quote:
me three, Gem. I currently have 4 movie soundtracks loaded in my car CD player... KOH, BHD, and two LotR ones! Love them all!
Well I have the 3 of LOTR, and KoH, I have to confess I have never really watched BHD, I don't like war movies I tried but I just couldn't watch it!!!!!!
Hugs!!!! be well and take care.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:03 AM
In Valinor

Cool second look review from Canmag.com
Quote:
After somewhat disappointing reviews and a very disappointing domestic box office, Kingdom of Heaven had to keep swinging to stay alive. Luckily, the film was appreciated overseas and has now earned its ample, and just, reward with the release of this epic film to DVD.

According to THR, Kingdom of Heaven topped both the DVD sales and rental charts its first week out, after making just $47.4 million at the domestic box office.

After finally viewing the film on DVD, I almost posted an 'after-market' review on the film, as I now feel that the critics may have been a little too hard on Kingdom of Heaven. Actually, this film is a perfect example of how moviegoers and critics may be straight-up sick of epic films of this caliber; or of movie theatres in general. Kingdom of Heaven may have a couple of flaws [mentioned below], but this film is far from flawed. I actually caught myself watching the film for a second time only a few days after my initial viewing. Yes, I will say it, Kingdom of Heaven is a GOOD film.

There were only a few issues I had with the entire film; some of which you have probably already heard before. First, films that cover a factual event always get criticized on their accuracy. I dare you to look up a 'fact vs fiction' on Braveheart and see what comes up there. Epics such as these are known to miss in certain points, but do the best job they can to educate while sticking to the primary goal of entertainment.

Second, there were various moments in the film where I felt like Ridley Scott was purposely pissing on his own film. You know when bands end a great song on a bad note, such as with screaming or a recorded discussion? Well, Ridley Scott decided he would use the most awkward slow-motion sequences at the worst of times. After the main battle is finally over, Scott throws in one last, and pointless, slow-motion shot [jerky slow motion] that has absolutely no use for the film. Every time Scott fell back on this sort of technique, I couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable. Fortunately, Scott does keep this style of cinematography to a minimum.

Third, the story of Balian was a tough one to completely believe. How does a blacksmith with no previous connection to any noble roots step up and become one of the greatest knights of his time overnight? Well, I couldn't figure that part out, but I still appreciated the film for the story it wanted to tell.

In closing, Orlando Bloom received a bit of criticism when Kingdom of Heaven entered theatres. This criticism claimed that the young actor might not be ready for the spotlight yet or that he just doesn't fit the masculine role required to be a noble knight of this period. I say bullsh*t to that, Orlando Bloom played a solid role [except for his retard phase at the beginning] and, hence, convinced me to watch the film a second time within a week.

If you want to learn more of the historical accuracy of Kingdom of Heaven, check out our own Fact vs Fiction.

For the other trailers, movie clips, review, movie stills, and synopsis, go to the Kingdom of Heaven Movie Page

Last edited by Elf Lady; October 22nd, 2005 at 05:20 AM.