Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Kingdom of Heaven

Old January 18th, 2005, 07:50 PM
OBsessed

Koh Ost

Is anyone else waiting as impatiently for the soundtrack as they are (almost) for the movie??

I love movie scores, especially big huge ones like LOTR and King Arthur, Black Hawk Down, etc...so I'm really excited about this one too. Lately, I've been listening to some scores from movies of the same period, and they've got that Celtic/Arabic mix that I love. I can't wait get a sneak listen to this one!
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Threthiel

I am a big lover of soundtracks. So much so that probably half the CD's I have here at work to listen to, are soundtracks. I haven't seen who is doing or has done the soundtrack for this movie. I'm hoping it will be as good as the movie. If so it will definately be added to my collection.
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:27 PM
OBsessed

me too! I love to listen at work.

I read on IMDB that it was supposed to be Hans Zimmer, but he was dropped for Harry Gregson Williams, who did, among other movies, Man on Fire and The Rock ( ), and also Veronica Guerin.

It oughta be interesting!
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Threthiel

I've not bought any of that persons soundtracks. I love Hans Zimmer. Gladiator soundtrack is one of my favs.
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:31 PM
OBsessed

do you have Black Hawk Down? I think HZ did that one too.

I love anything by Howard Shore and Jane Portman (Chocolat, Cider House Rules)...I also want to get Hidalgo and The Aviator...
Old January 19th, 2005, 03:14 AM
jsclark86

I have the BHD soundtrack and yes Hans Zimmer did do it. It is so good. About the KoH one, I looked up Gregson Williams and found out that he has worked with Hans Zimmer on some movies and I also found out that Klaus Badelt, who did Pirates, also worked with Hans Zimmer. If you listen closely to BHD, there is one part that sounds exactally like Pirates. Anyways, I am looking forward to this soundtrack as well and I'm sure it will be good.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
daydreamer58

And yes, according to Music from the Movies website, it will be Harry Gregson-Williams who will write KoH's music:

Quote:
news: February 2005
Gregson-Williams confirmed for 'Domino':

Director Tony Scott continues his collaboration with composer Harry Gregson-Williams. The Gorfaine-Schwartz Agency has now confirmed that Gregson-Williams has been hired to compose the original music for Scott's upcoming action thriller Domino, starring Keira Knightley, Mickey Rourke and Mena Suvari. Gregson-Williams' previous scores for Tony Scott are Spy Game, Enemy of the State and Man on Fire.

Gregson-Williams other upcoming films include the much anticipated Kingdom of Heaven, directed by Tony Scott's brother Ridley, and the C.S. Lewis adaptation The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe.

Mikael Carlsson
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Threthiel

Never heard of him, but then I tend to listen to soundtracks that are for more 'historical' type of movies. I hope he puts together a grand one to listen to as from the above he only has done soundtracks for movies that are set more in today's timeframe.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:37 PM
AT-AT Love

Oh it is so nice to hear that I am not the only soundtrack listening person around! My hubby and our best friends tease me about how my truck is filled with soundtrack music. I also would list Gladiator as one of my all time favorites. Of course LOTR is there along with Braveheart. So I guess my answer to the original question is YES! I too am anxiously awaiting the soundtrack!
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Luthien

I love soundtrack music as well Missaudi, especially when I am driving.
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
In Valinor

I also love listening to soundtracks and like missaudi, one of my favorites is the "Gladiator" soundtrack. Right now, I have the "Fellowship of the Ring" disc in my car.
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Luthien

I have all three of the LOTR soundtracks in my car along with King Arthur at the moment.
Old February 25th, 2005, 12:49 AM
AT-AT Love

Luthien how is the King Arthur soundtrack? Not to jump off topic but I have not gotten that one and have been curious about it. After reading your posts I am sure that if you enjoy it then I will too.

El and Luthien: It seems we share the love of driving while listening to the soundtracks. There is just something about them that lets your imagination go freely roaming while in the car. (of course not so much that we don't pay attention to the road! )
Old February 27th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Etoiline

The King Arthur soundtrack is great. I love to use it when I'm writing. Of course, that could just be because I'm writing a modern day King Arthur story I'm a big soundtrack nut...most of my music is of the soundtrack variety. I'm very much looking forward to this soundtrack...if the composer worked with Hans Zimmer, then it will probably be good. I'll admit that several of the composers that work with Hans Zimmer (in his Media Ventures thing, I think) sound very similar, but as I like the style I don't worry about it...

~Cal
Old February 28th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Luthien

Yes the king Arthur soundtrack is wonderful, atmospheric and sweeping and emotional and so on, some parts are very LOTR ish.
Old February 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM
AT-AT Love

Thank you so much Cal and Luthien for your responses. I think based on what you both said I will be making a trip out to the cd store today!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 12:40 AM
daydreamer58

Today's OBM reports:

Quote:
Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack CD
posted by Jas, 03/21/05

The Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack CD is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com. The CD will be released on April 26.
Use our Amazon affiliate link here to pre-order.

Cross-posted in the KoH Merchandise thread as well.

Last edited by Elf Lady; March 22nd, 2005 at 02:52 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:20 AM
luv4ever

i like movie soundtracks too. the music is cool. i wonder if they'll have acutal singing like "remember" from troy. cant wait =]
Old March 22nd, 2005, 06:02 AM
arwen_undomiel

OMG, this music will be so amazing...
Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
OBsessed

I'm listening to BHD right now and found this thread that I started!

thanks for the updates. I will go and see if I can listen to some samples.

King Arthur is next on my list.
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:19 AM
kingdomofheaven1

I am insanely obsessed with soundtracks, I own more soundtracks than I do any other kind of CD's. This one sounds like it will be great based on the music in the background of the official site, if that is actual movie music anyway. I can't wait, I always buy the soundtracks for movies I want to see, even before I see the movies. My faves are Titanic, LOTR, POTC, King Arthur, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, also Troy is good too
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Gladiator is my favorite soundtrack, but I love lots and lots of them too. My nephew thinks I'm insane LOL!!!
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:24 AM
kingdomofheaven1

hey....is there anyone besides me who watched the KOH trailer and fell in love with the music in the background like I did? I felt like it was beautiful....and if you go to amazon.com and look up "The Prayer Cycle" under popular music, you can listen to a clip of this song. I want to buy that CD now! I love that song! It is called "Hope" and you can listen to it at the bottom under the clips. I heard they are going to feature this music in the movie....I hope they at least feature this song on the soundtrack, it would save me the hassle of buying that Prayer Cycle CD for only one song. Who else loves the clip? You can listen to more if you just watch the trailer, you may not have noticed it before in the background....i love it!
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:36 AM
On a Yellow Slide

thanks for the tip on amazon.com!

Here's the link if anyone wants to listen to the samples, go halfway down the page. I didn't know Alanis Morissette was singing on the album. I like her voice.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Etoiline

The Prayer Cycle is a beautiful cd. I would suggest buying it anyway, because there are other wonderful songs on it, not just Hope. The whole thing is great. It's great instrumental/choral/spiritual music, and it's got many famous singers contributing (eg James Taylor sings on one track, some well-known...er, Arabian or Israeli (can't remember the name though) singers, etc) If you like Hope you'll like the rest.

I still want to know if the instrumental music used in the trailer (the parts that are NOT "Hope" from the Prayer Cycle) are actual music bits from the soundtrack or if they're taken from another soundtrack like so much trailer music is. If it's from the movie I'll be quite happy! This is definitely going on my 'to buy' list
~Cal