Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Kingdom of Heaven

Old February 17th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Ah, thanks for the info on that video clip, Sonia!

Dashing off to go check it out now!

Angel
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Thanks for the link, Sonia.

Really wished the quality was better than the version EL captured.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old February 18th, 2004, 02:15 PM
LegolasIsMyOneRing

OMG!! those pic make my heart stop! LOL! Orlando looks soo cute looking like a Hoodlum!! LOL! and he whats with the beanie cap fedtish he has had lately ? lol! but man i can't wait to see this movie either! although i wish it was the summer time already b/c the fliming of Elizabethtown will start and i live six hours from that town soo in others words i am soo there to do some stalking of my Fav Elf hehe!!
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Malene

I love the crusader outfit!
You girls are so right.
Orlando is an actor,not a popstar.
He's there to work.
Kind of funny that Ridley Scott has had to put his foot down and say he can't entertain fans anymore. He's probably never had to do that with an actor before..
But that's how it's going to be isn't it?
Orlando is getting so popular that wherever he works on films on location from now on, fans will come,and want something from him.
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:47 PM
She Kender

A real fan would not have turned on him for such a small (IMO, imagined) offense. This is the kind of fan Orlando does not need. The kind that swings like a pendulum: likes you one day, hates you the next.

I'm sure the casual Spanish viewer saw right through her and knew she was just being bitter because of some imagined slight.

I don't want Orlando to feel overwhelmed by a sense of obligation to please his fans to the point of emotional and physical exhaustion. Sometimes I feel like some of his fans (none of us, of course) are bloodsucking leeches draining his energy or life force from him. He is a human being.

[sarcastic mode] C'mon, girls. That's Hollywood's job.[/sarcastic mode]
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Beautifully said, She Kender!

Angel
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Nelli

[quote="shaynalisa"]
Orlando owes us NOTHING. He is gracious in how he treats his fans, but it just pisses me off to hear that fans are ANGRY with him for not giving them attention. Those are not fans; those are very selfish people just wanting his time and attention because he's a star and they forget he's a person first! :!:

You know, I couldn't agree more, Shaynalisa. This guy is carrying the whole movie on his back and he doesn't need people who like him for conformity to throw a hissy fit because he was with other fans. I mean come on! What were they expecting? A KISS? I swear, if I saw him and he didn't see me because he was with other fans, I'll consider myself lucky to even be in the vicinity of Orlando Bloom. I'll just go back tomorrow. No reason to be cold.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:53 PM
Elements

Snagged this... isn't it so cute

Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

It is so much more than cute...it's sweet! I don't know why this man in hats drives me so insane, but he does. And I know a certain frind of mine is going to go nuts 'cause he's with a horse!! She loves horses, loves Orlando, so it's a double shot for her

Thanks for snagging, ELe And I can't believe it, especially since Tom Welling on SMALLVILLE annoys me with how much flannel he wears (covering up the hotness), but Orlando actually makes the plaid/flannel work on some kinda abstract level :p
Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:43 PM
In Valinor

Ah, thanks for posting that Ele. Isn't he adorable?

edit: for some reason, Jas posted that I sent her this scan. I think she must have me confused with Ele.
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Elements

No it's even wierder than that EL, I snagged it from Jan in the first place
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:21 PM
In Valinor

That is weird. I just emailed Jas to let her know the error. Very weird.
Old February 24th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Ok, now I've fallen even harder! If that is even possible?? I love horses and get all excited when I see Orlando, in character, on horseback! (I barely survived the Elf on horseback and Troy is going to kill me!) And now this...GOD that is just...so sweet, so adorable!

Lucky horse!

Angel
Old February 24th, 2004, 02:34 PM
In Love

Orlando with a horse... just kill me now.

Thanks so much for posting that, EL and Ele.
And Sonia, thanks for the heads up that this photo was even here!

Marilyn
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Seuvilen

I have nothing to say except awwwwww!!
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Threthiel

Aww, that's so sweet. A horse and Orli. I really like that shirt. I have tons of those plaid button up shirts in my closet that I use to wear all the time over t-shirts in the winter. Maybe they will come back in style. And that shirt he has on is more of a "western" wear style because of the type of buttons and the cut of the flap on the pockets. I am really starting to like him in hats.
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Ancalime

Ele, the pic with the horse! I'd never seen that before! Now I am ruined. Thanks for posting it.

Angel, I love your sig pic and your avatar. :)

I am SO excited about this movie, maybe not since LotR have I been so excited about a movie that he's going to be in. I think Orlando was just cut out to make this kind of movie, and I think it's a compliment to him.
I commented in another thread that I just don't know how he's dealing with it - being torn between his fans, the obligations of his job, and this weird, unnatural thing called fame. I pray for him every chance I get.

Ancalime
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:56 PM
In Valinor

Jas sent me some pressies this morning. Patricia caught a TVE news broadcast on 2/20/04 showing Orlando waving to fans as he left the KoH set. Patricia translated the clip:

Quote:
The lady says that even though Orlando has barely been seen by the media while in Sevilla, one of their reporters managed to catch him leaving the set. The reporter says then that Orlando hasn't said a lot while in Spain, just one word, a simple greeting, a simple "thank you", and then goes on commenting that in spite of the rain Orlando stopped to say hello to his fans - you can hear how somebody asks him "how are you?" and he answers quickly "very well, thank you" before getting into the car. The reporter then says how secretive the shoot is, with Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson and Eva Green also part of the cast, and Ridley Scott, the director, who is the one who causes the least excitement. "Orlando, Hollywood's fashionable star, will portray Balian de Ibelin (?), a blacksmith turned knight who has to defend his city, Jerusalem, against the armies of the Crusaders. They have been in our country over a month and we barely get to see them, but you notice their presence, streets are closed, fans are waiting and there are all kinds of extras". He also says that the Orlandomania is ever present because it's not strange to meet the odd Legolas walking the streets. They will be in Sevilla until the 27th, filming in the Casa de Pilatos and the Alcazar, before they go to Morocco to continue the filming done outside the US.
The clip is available for download from my site,Kingdom of Heaven Video Download Page, and here are the caps (all by Patricia).

Old February 25th, 2004, 01:09 PM
lazybone

Thanks Jas & Patricia & EL!
Though Orlando looked so tired, he still smiled to everyone! What a nice boy... :)

It seems like he's wearing a wig
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Elements

My first reaction to it was Gosh, doesn't he look old! And dirty! The make up that they have put on him ages him by at least 10 years. Look at the furrows on his forehead in the fifth picture down, he does not look 27 in these images. It makes me wonder if he is playing an older man in this film, or whether they are filming scenes at the end of the film in Spain, or whether it is just that he is dirty from working in the forge. They are certainly interesting shots anyway.
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Threthiel

I kinda like him looking dirty. He looks "lived" in. He does look slightly tired but he still looks beautiful. And the stuble/side burns, Thanks Jas for sending that!
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:13 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

These caps totally took me by surprise. It's not that I don't like the look...quite the opposite as it reminds me of my dear but...it's something else I can't quite define. Maybe it's him looking so much older or maybe it's him looking tired...not really sure. Worries me, though

Again, in general, LOVE the look. Dirty works for me, as does the long hair and the "scruff/stubble." I just really hope he's doing ok. God Bless him for waving, too. He's too much of a dearie.

Thanks for these, and for the clip :)
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
My first reaction to it was Gosh, doesn't he look old! And dirty! The make up that they have put on him ages him by at least 10 years. Look at the furrows on his forehead in the fifth picture down, he does not look 27 in these images. It makes me wonder if he is playing an older man in this film, or whether they are filming scenes at the end of the film in Spain, or whether it is just that he is dirty from working in the forge. They are certainly interesting shots anyway.
Funny you should say that about him looking older. When I saw the clip and your caps I had the same reaction! But he does look all gorgeous. A mixture here of Legolas and Aragorn. And what a friendly sweet heart he blowing kisses.

So how long is our tortureous wait for this movie?
Old February 25th, 2004, 07:39 PM
dream wanderer

When I first saw the pics I thought he was made up that way for the movie. What all does he do? He's a blacksmith, fights in the crusades...I'm sure he is supposed to look tired and dirty! :)

I like the look personally. He looks all grown up and not like a teeny bopper pin up boy. Not that there is anything wrong with that...I just like seeing the different variations of how he can look. Heck..I'm probably one of the few fans who actually liked those FACE pictures...

dream wanderer
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Rozzan

liked them too but it did make me sad. he does look very weary and distanced somehow.