Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Kingdom of Heaven

Old May 9th, 2005, 03:00 PM
clpm_9

You sound like you all had a great time - thanks for sharing
Old May 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

I don't have much to add to EL's account as I'm still fairly dazed by our luck. All I have to add was that as Orlando made his way towards me to sign autographs, I had this idiot behind me waving a magazine over my head. I ducked down under the thing to hold out my KoH book for Orlando to sign. All I managed to do was squeak out "Thank you so much." Then Orlando ducked his head down a little, looked me in the eye, smiled brilliantly and winked at me. *whimper* I was completely useless after that. Couldn't hold the camera still to save my life. I got off a few more shots then we had to run into the theatre before the movie began. What a rush!!!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein
Then Orlando ducked his head down a little, looked me in the eye, smiled brilliantly and winked at me. *whimper* I was completely useless after that.
YAY!! That's great!
Remember that.

So happy for all the Lasses who got to get close to the pretty.
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:55 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Egads Serein- had that been me in your place I think it would have been a puddle of goo going into the premiere instead Lucky you!
Old May 10th, 2005, 01:18 PM
In Valinor

Clickable scan of my mag that Orlando signed as well as the Leggy cape plus premiere ticket front and back (non-clickable).

(I didn't scan in ticket full size but it's about 9"x4"
Old May 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Captivated

Oh, I'm glad you had a great time. I'm so happy for you all.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful encounters with us, and for your scans EL.
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Cl@re

I was stood just off centre, a little to the left of the cinema. Your pictures are really cute.
Old May 11th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Céanen

Great accounts, girls!
The only thing I have to add is that I touched Orlando's arm. It was just a light groping grasp above the wrist after he signed my magazine while I said "thank you." I know he didn't hear me because everything was so crazy, but I did my best and said it twice. I thought perhaps if he'd heard me it would earn a glance or a smile for me, but it didn't quite work. Not that I blame him, it's got to be quite unnerving to have such a mass of screaming fans surrounding you and shoving things in your face.

It was so wonderful that EL, Serein and Llyn got to go in to see the actual premiere itself- while I was jealous (how could you not be? ), no one deserved it more. Imagine standing there all day long! You girls are the best fans that boy has. But I had a great time eating a monstrous sandwich with Mirk and her lovely husband, and then we got to go back for a second Orlando-sighting. Wonderful!
Old May 11th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Passionate about the Elf

Some of a monsterous sandwich... I don't think anyone could ever eat a whole one of those things

Mirk
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:51 AM
At First Sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady
Geez, I'm back home after a truly memorable experience in NYC. I'll cut all the travel blather and dive right into the goings on for the premiere.

Serein, Llyneth and I got into NYC on Tuesday evening and decided to walk down to the Ziegfeld Theater just to check things out. We saw the barricades stacked along the sidewalk ready to be deployed the next day so we decided to ask the folks in the theater what time they expected people to line up. They told us that based on a previous special event for Star Wars, people were lining up at 5:30am! So she told us we'd better get there at 6:00am. And we believed her.

So here we were on Wednesday morning at 6:00am...freezing to death and no one around! We wish we had gone to the taping of The Today Show but hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway, we ended up befriending the security who began to arrive at 7:00am. Nicer guys you couldn't ask to meet.

Mirk and her husband got there around 11:00am I think and joined us. Her hubby was such a doll and got us all yogurt for lunch.

Long story short, the guys starting setting up the barricades around noon and we took our places behind the "fan area" after they finished setting up. To be honest, there were not a lot of fans around at all which sort of surprised us. The security guys even asked us how we found out about the premiere!

We watched them roll out and tape together the red carpet and even got to snap a pic of my Legolas figure and Serein's little mini-mate Legolas on the red carpet. We killed time by chatting with some folks. Then Ceanan arrived and we sat down on the ground.

Fans didn't really start showing up until around 4:30pm and more as the time for the actual premiere drew closer. Passersbys kept asking what we were lined up for and when we responded "the premiere for Kingdom of Heaven with Orlando Bloom" they just looked at us with either a "who is that?" look or one of jaded ennui.

Liam Neeson arrived and spent a lot of time with the press, occasionally crossing over to the fans' side for autographs. Brendan Gleeson was there as well as Ridley Scott. We didn't see Eva Green even though she was there.

When Orlando arrived, the crowd went nuts. He was going back and forth between the fans and the press side of the barricades, doing his best to get to everyone it seemed. Serein, Llyneth, Ceanan and Mirk took a lot of photos but since he spent a lot of time doing the press interviews, they got plenty of pics of his back! I know Mirk has posted her pics but I'm sure we'll get to see the others soon.

It was during this period of time that one of the security guys (Jimmy) comes up to us and whispers "if they let more people into the premiere you three [meaning Serein, Llyneth and me] will be the first ones in" (since we'd arrived so early). Needless to say we were very hopeful but not holding our breath.

Now, at this point, Orlando is being pressed for time and still completing the press interviews but Aileen gestures to the crowd that he'll be back around to us in 10 minutes. More frantic pic snapping by the crowd when Orlando does turn around and heads back to where he left off...about ten feet from us. Then what happens? Jimmy comes up to us with the tickets and says we have to come around the barricades and walk up the red carpet inside the theater! But Orlando was still working his way up the line and we didn't want to miss him. So we hang onto our tickets and sure enough, Orlando makes his way to us. He signs Serein's book (I'll let her tell you what happened). Then he gets to me. I had the French "Cine Live" magazine and apparently he hadn't seen it before. So I got to speak to him. Eye to eye!

Orlando: This is different! What is it?
EL (remaining ridiculously calm): It's from France.
Orlando: That's nice (shows it to Robin and Aileen).
EL: Stares at beauty incarnate as Orlando signs the magazine

I then show him my Australian collectible Legolas doll and he fingers it. Orlando started to sign but hesitated, probably thinking I didn't want him to deface the doll or something. But then I asked him to please sign the cape and so he held my doll, spread the cape and signed it! Then he moved on and I was in heaven! (Pictures are on Serein and Llyneth's cameras)

We then gathered our things and unfortunately had to leave Mirk, her husband and Ceanan since they didn't get tickets. Rushing up the red carpet was a little surreal. We stopped to hug Mirk and Ceanan before entering the Ziegfeld. I didn't realize this but they were taking the tickets as people entered but for some reason, they missed taking mine so I have a souvenir! I'll scan it in later.

We grabbed free popcorn and water and settled down in the loge section. Ridley Scott addressed the crowd, Liam Neeson stood up after being introduced and Orlando waved to everyone from the right side of the theater (where I think he was standing with Robin and Aileen). As the lights went down, we turned our attention to the screen and was swept away into the 12th century. *sigh*

We guessed but later it was confirmed, that Orlando left soon after the lights dimmed to go back outside and sign autographs. So sweet!

So that's it, a brief report of our adventure.
What an Amazing experience for you all El,Serein,Llyneth,Mirk and Ceanen !! Not sure how any of you managed to remain calm-Courage under fire indeed-So proud of you all !
And thank you so much for sharing it with us-living vicariously through your eyes-will move Heaven and Earth now to get myself to a premiere one day !!
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:03 AM
luv4ever

aww, EL, thats like the best experience. you lucky girls. and that is so sweet that when the movie started he rushed back out to sign more.
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Céanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkwoodelfchick
Some of a monsterous sandwich... I don't think anyone could ever eat a whole one of those things

Mirk

You know, I think we could have cured the world hunger problem if we'd just kept our leftovers!
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Utterly Obsessed

I think it's so cute that Billy came...don't know why but it is
Old March 18th, 2006, 09:14 AM
arwen_undomiel

In one of these pics, the first one of Clare, he does look like Colin Farrell! Mhhhhh *me luvs Colin;D*
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:36 PM
kissing will turner !

im so happy for you girls EL way to go

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!

Last edited by lilouche-turner; December 20th, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:41 AM
aVa

OMG! EL You are really lucky!
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:11 PM
princessoftroy

OMG!!! You guys are so lucky!! That was so sweet of him to go back out after the movie started to sign more autographs. If he would have touched me, that would have been all she wrote! There would have been nothing left of me!! What did he smell like?

Last edited by princessoftroy; January 17th, 2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add a word