Go Back   Orlando Love > The Graphics Gallery > In Celebration - Featured Artists of Orlando Love

Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
at world´s end and beyond

Nel´s Top 10

First of all , I must confess how much I am blushing right now, while posting this, ...

Thank you so much for asking me to do it, mods, I feel so flattered, and OLove is my second home, I always say so.

Ok, I will post here my 10 favourites of all my creations and why they are special for me:

- My first chibi Legolas: this was my first drawing in chibi style (that means, "deformed and little version of a character") and of course it was for the elf. This drawing was the first I posted here at OLove when I became a member

- My first drawing of Orlando himself: made when POTC:COTBP came out. I feel quite proud of

it because I did it it using only black ink thin lines and it also has this "real" look, which is harder for me to do considering I always draw in cartoon/anime" style

- This is my all time favourite chibi. Will and his feather hat No one can beat him

- The most dificult to finish: Two Towers Legolas . It has too many details! It took me a lot of time, but at the end, I realized that I would never do something like that again. It was also inspired by my favourite pic of the elf *_*

- When At world`s end was about to be released, we had a sneak peek for Will`s new costume (his red shirt). That was the moment I created this picture. But what it makes it special for me is that scan of the Kraken in the background. It comes from a book of mine about mythological monsters that I have since I was 7 years old, and it was given to me as a gift when I spent one of my most memorable holidays with my family, cousins and aunts :) I still own the book and when I saw the kraken in the films, I instantly remembered that illustration that was among my favourites in my old book, the one I always treasured.

- From all the drawings I did of Orlando and his characters, this is the one I love the most. Balian. I don´t know, I really love it, and I think I was never able to do another one like him.

- This is one of the newests and is also dedicated to Balian. It has another style of drawing that I do not use much, very detailed.

- my OBsession... the new inmortal captain of the Flying Dutchman, Will Turner. The first drawing I did of him after the film. *___* GAh! I was so thrilled with his story (I still am). I used a sketch of Jack Sparrow I saw in the Art of POTC book as inspiration for the pose.

- This is a wallpaper, which has an emotional meaning for me and also for my dear Tonny (Andnolewen). When I met her at London last year, she printed two bags with this wallpaper with the dates of our meeting. Something I will remember for the rest of my life -:)

- And last but not least, here comes Sidi. This little black dog became the "face" of Orlando Love many times and it was also chosen for the OLove Store. It makes me feel so flattered, and it always reminds me of the great people I met here at the board, the best place of the net, for sure

Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Passionate about the Elf

There are just not enough words to express how much I love your "stuff" Nel.

Mirk
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Nimue

Yeah, what Mirk said.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
Nel you´re a real artist hon....love them all,but specially this one....is just stunning!!
Congrats!
And ty so much for sharing your talent.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Oh how beautiful are these Nel! I especially love the Chibi Will Turner and the Pirate Will Turner with the sword. Oh and the Kingdom of Heaven one is just to die for! Good work!
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Lost in his curls

These are GORGEOUS, Nel! I had fallen in love with chibis, but never realized they were yours. And Sidi... I do love what you have done with that pup!

What a lovely way to start this new category. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with us!

Lanta
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Dreamer

Nel I must admit to wiping away a stray tear whilst working my way through this thread. So many of your pieces have been the visual reminder of OL during some of the most fun and rewarding parts of my life in the last couple of years. Your meetup creations are always spectacular and I have many of them throughout my T shirt drawer.

Congratulations on an honour well deserved. You give so much of yourself to us, it is fitting that you be the first.

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
NinJa

Nel, these are beyond gorgeous!! Great work!

And how cute is Sidi, especially with the little Will and Jack dolls
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
besotted with buttons

Your art has been part of my OL experience and part of my world for such a long time, I am still in love with the first sig that you made for me, I hold it close. Your designs are in my house on the mugs and mini posters and tshirts and your drawings take my breath away.
I am aware that some of these things have only appeared here on OL and it was that which made me think of this thread, you are really so generous with your talent.

I have missed a few of these, new ones to wonder at, and the red shirt Will is just beautiful, beautiful. I really like that it has personal significance for you, connecting with your childhood. And the wall that you and Tonny share- those are the things that will stay forever, just gorgeous.
I can honestly say that whilst I don't know you well, you have impacted my life with your art and that is a fantastic thing. thank you X

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction

Last edited by nuit; September 2nd, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Wonderful work, Nel, you are very talented! I love them all! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.

Icon and sig by me. Thanks Kat and Lola for the tuts
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:29 AM
Passionately Enthralled

What? only ten? well there are much more beauties that you have designed, I really like a lot every and each of the work you’ve done, I think you are very very talented woman.

Any way, the main reason I wrote here is because I want to thank you for all those great gift that you send me, such an amazing gift for art

Sos Genial!! Sabelo!!!

Gracias por todos tus dibujos, son lo mas!!

Nunca me babeé tanto por un dibujo como vos logras que lo haga por la perfección de los tuyo!! Por dios saaanto!!!

Old September 3rd, 2008, 07:52 AM
besotted with buttons

I agree there are many more than 10 beauties she could have posted here- the Joe/Ned design for the Australian meetup, the 'Happy Birthday Orlando' wall, the OL banners spring to mind for me, but we were trying to get a focus, for the artist to present what they thought were the best bits. But yeah...

Could we have a translation please so we can all appreciate what you are saying?

Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Oohh, don´t worry.. I´m just telling her she is great and thanking her for all her drawings

Sorry
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
besotted with buttons

thats ok! Wish I could speak spanish!

Old September 4th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Love your art Nel.

I'm glad it was you that had to choose. I would have taken every piece you have posted, because it is all fabulous!
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM
at world´s end and beyond

*Nel is hiding under her desk*

well, you all left me speechless, really. I can´t explain how I feel while reading all your mesagges and kind words. I think this great feedback can only happen here at OLove, where I can share my dreams and my passion with people who think and feel just like me.

I feel so touched, specially with Ki´s , Nuit´s and Aquilah´s messages (she was saying in our own argentinian way a lot of things about me that I won´t translate! love you, Merce, I will kill you )

Thanks again
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Ain't love Grand?

Cuña adorada.... there are no words to say how much I admire your work, when I think you can't... you amaze me once again.

I've cried reading the story behind each one of your creations... CARAJOS!!! you know we share the same OBssesion and... sorry I just can't...

Well...These 10 are beautiful but I know there are MORE where these came from, so, WE WANNA SEE THEM HERE!!!! This cannot be Nel's top 10.... This countdown should be larger... (100 maybe???)
Old September 4th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Imagination Rules!

Ah, it wasn't that long ago I got stuck in your old thread, enjoying each and every page as I wandered back down memory lane and then further back before my time. I admit I copied rather a lot of your work into my special Nel folder, because each piece is so exquisite I couldn't leave well enough alone.

Your artistry is stunning and such a treat for us to enjoy, particularly at our meetups where we proudly display your work on our various items and you have given me many hours of secret smiles and little pleasures as my eyes have fallen on your pieces dotted around everywhere.

Just wonderful and you deserve all the praise. I have no favourite as I go from one brilliant piece to the next and go 'ahhhh, that's a good one' and then 'ahhh, that's a good one too!' And then quickly copy them for my endless enjoyment.

Hugs Nel.

Luna
xx

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

COngratulations Nel! You deserve all this praise - your work is wonderful and your are so talented! Well done hugs
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM
At First Sight

Thank you so much Nel for sharing your wonderful art and memories with us. Each drawing is a masterpiece in itself and a real testament to the special artist and person you are.
I have no favourites because it's impossible to choose
Thank you again for the walk down memory lane .
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

This is brilliant! What a wonderful idea!
Nel has made so many great things and you have not even seen half of it

The ones she posted are basically my favourites as well plus the ones she gave me in real life. And they are even more beautiful
I love how Nel draws Balian.
Is beyond compare. She catches his spirit every time!
Little chibi Will with the hat is my fave too I ADORE it.
but i love all she makes. even the non-Orlando stuff!

Nel has made me a few birthday presents ones cheeks might flush seeing those but that's another story *gggg*

Thank you Nel for sharing that talent with us. And I know your inspiration is the same as mine.
which is the perfect muse eh ?
And mostly thank you for being my friend, my fellow ghost.
I will never ever forget our FOTG at West End tour!
(the wallpaper is still on my desktop)

On top of all that, I feel proud to have been the messenger to have handed over
the immortal Captain Turner in the hands of Orlando himself*_________*

And 10 is way too little !!

Last edited by Andnolewen; September 6th, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old September 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM
JenTurner

Your chibi Will's are absolutely AMAZING!!!!

I wish I had posters of them on my wall
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Awaiting a warrior prince

Nel I haven't had the time to post to this thread and now that I look here I'm GOBSMACKED as usual. I always am when I see your wonderful work.

You have a gift from God! Beautiful! Your Orlando characters are great but Sidi just melts me everytime!

Love ya babe!
Snoey
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Nel, I can't praise you enough for your work. I love your chibi Legolases. And the new drawing of Balian is stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:32 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Nel, you always do such stunning and stellar work! The meet-up stuff holds special meaning of course, and I thank you very much for what you've done for us The chibis are so cute and adorable, and you do Balian and Will so well- it just proves that your talent is extensive across the different styles. I don't recall seeing that Two Towers Leggy before, may have to snaggle him for my desktop for a while