Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old March 11th, 2011, 06:19 AM
krissgale

I am fan of Merlin series and always go to entertain myself, when i heard about any latest episode premier
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Twin Peaks

I don't know how many people here are old enough to remember Twin Peaks but I watched a couple of eps in HS (oh 6 years ago) and bought the DVDs but don't remember why. I was debating about whether to sell the box set or not and absentmindedly tweeted about the idea and a fellow tv junkie pleaded for me not to!!! Any fans here?

I may need a wee bit more convincing though I do remember liking the 3/4 eps I saw (apparently enough to buy the box set!)
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Alive...and kicking

Oh Shen,there're a lot of people here old enough to remember this(I'm one of them,unfortunately ) I was quite hooked with it,along with my friends and family,and we waited every new episode with much expectation....sadly in the second season Lynch had to promote "Wild at Heart" and let the tv serie in the hands of other writers that couldn't keep the quality level and we lose interest....though he came back for the last episodes.Anyway I have good memories of agent Cooper (I'm talking about 1991...OMG!!),if I were you,I'd keep it...

Old May 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by erendira View Post
Oh Shen,there're a lot of people here old enough to remember this(I'm one of them,unfortunately )
Well you're all young at heart lol Thats what I love about this place. When we've all got a common interest we tend to forget about age. Meanwhile there a lot of people here with more wisdom and experience than me!
Well I've only got the first season and I'm in LOVE with Kyle MacLachlan and as I recall he was quite handsome in this! Since its only 7 eps I think I can make time to watch it. Perhaps when I'm unpacking my things at the new house. Luckily, I found a graphing calculator which usually go for 100++ USD and some digital cameras. I think I'll be okay without selling this one... for now...
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Aint no other man but you

I loved this show! It was my favorite show way back when. It was so different and wacky and the characters were awesome. After a while it was not as good but yeah, fond memories definitely

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Smitten

The Big Bang Theory

Hi there guys!

Does anyone watch the "big bang theory". It's about 4 very smart guys (well one of the exceptionally extremely smart) living their lives (of course they're nerds). It's funny and pokes fun at the smart vs the absolutely stupid. They have a few characters from old TV shows appear, like Leonard used to play Darlene's boyfriend on Roseann, so we saw Darlene too. And Blossom joined the cast on the 4th season.

Most comedic parts have to be about Sheldon Cooper, the boy who was always too smart for his own good, who knows absolutely nothing about personal interaction so makes everyone always feel awkward, embarrassed or absolutely crazy mad. Imagine having him walk up to you to ask when your menstrual cycle was?!

Anyway, quite funny if you haven't seen it and like a very stereotyped series.
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Alive...and kicking

I watch that show...is hilarious and love Sheldom to pieces....still haven't seen the 4th season...Blossom huh? yes,like she fits in there...

Old June 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Smitten

amy farafowler, she's like the female versian of sheldon, at first she's annoying but now she's just funny!
Old June 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Game of Thrones

Any more fans for Game of Thrones

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Based on the novels. This is a fantastically medieval fantasy series with a great cast, Sean Bean for instance, and some eye candy too. And the most amazing music and leader you've seen in ages

I have a weakness for the baddie played by Nicolaj Coster-Waldau
You may remember as Balian's cousin. (and a little part in that other Ridley Scott movie Orlando was in..BHD)

The first series is almost done, but there will be more!!

Last edited by Andnolewen; June 14th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:03 PM
at world´s end and beyond

after seeing the latest episode (almost reaching the season finale), I can officially say I am MAD with GoT....

Just take a look at these 32 seconds:

http://youtu.be/ylbqdj1WJX4

they do not even do justice to the whole thing!

All the actors and their characters are so well played, the story is a constant twist, you love and hate both good ones and baddies.

I´ll be back later with pics to decorate the thread
Old June 15th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Photo Fanatic

Been reading the novels since GoT was published years ago. Been waiting (along with many others) for years for the next volume in the series. It's reputed to be out, but I haven't seen it yet. Been d/l'ing the eps to gorge on. After I finish The Borgias and Camelot!
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM

I saw the last episode of season 1 last night.... I still cannot wink *o* ... it was BLOODY AMAZING. Hope you all can see these amazing series, please!
Old June 21st, 2011, 02:24 AM
Aint no other man but you

Oh he's a hottie! I'm all about some eye candy! My sister is reading the books and my best friend is watching the series and both are apparently great. I think I'll have to join in. Is this the first season?

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old June 21st, 2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanDreamin View Post
Oh he's a hottie! I'm all about some eye candy! My sister is reading the books and my best friend is watching the series and both are apparently great. I think I'll have to join in. Is this the first season?
yes, the first season, only ten episodes, and it lasted last night. You have time enought to watch and read while we wait for the second season, coming in 2012

My personal eyecandy is Robb Stark, the "young wolf", eldest son of Eddar Stark (Sean Bean), of Winterfell:

and these are Kahl Drogo (you will love this beast) and the bastard son of Lord Stark, Jon :)

Old June 21st, 2011, 04:29 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

This series is really worth watching! The last episode was just thrilling!

I should bring Jaime along with that great poster!
We should find them all Nel!

(eidt: this is one of the test posters. As you see the actor's hair and costume are different from the definitive version)

Last edited by Andnolewen; June 21st, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:44 PM

here are all the posters I could find:

Ned Stark

Cercei Lannister

King Robert Baratheon

Daenerys

Old June 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Ah thanks Nel! I love Jon Snow 's one.

And this is another Ned Stark one:

Very Boromir-ish
Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:06 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Man, I definately want to see this show but I'm not gonna pay for HBO for just one show. And so far Netflix doesn't have it either. I guess I'll have to wait to rent the DVD.

Tonny- I like Nicolaj too. I first noticed him as Paul Bettany's friend in Wimbledon. He certainly looks good here. I'm glad that he's on a show that will get him some fame.

Thanks Nel and Tonny for posting all the pictures and posters. HBO really went all out in promoting the show. And I see there is plenty of eye candy besides Sean B. and Nicolaj. Nel, I can see why you like "Robb Stark". Then again, I think we both have a fondness for men with dark wavy/curly hair and soulful brown eyes.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlover View Post
Tonny- I like Nicolaj too. I first noticed him as Paul Bettany's friend in Wimbledon. He certainly looks good here. I'm glad that he's on a show that will get him some fame.
:
Oh yes now i remember he;s in there too LOL!

Robb is really attractive with his Guy Pearce jaw and his Orlando dark curls.
blue eyes too ..mm
what was I saying?

Oh yes hope you can watch it soon ! DVD won;t take long no doubt!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlover View Post
Nel, I can see why you like "Robb Stark". Then again, I think we both have a fondness for men with dark wavy/curly hair and soulful brown eyes.
Yes the boy is beautiful,though his eyes are blue...he he he...

Last edited by erendira; June 22nd, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:55 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Oops. Thanks Tonny and Lola. Took a closer look and his eyes are blue. My bad.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:00 AM

some news from the second season. For those who also saw "The Tudors"...

Quote:
HBO’s Game of Thrones has made its first casting hire for season 2: Natalie Dormer, who memorably played the seductive and doomed Anne Boleyn on Showtime’s The Tudors, has been added to the fantasy drama’s regular cast. Dormer will play Margaery Tyrell, a (minor spoiler alert) beautiful and shrewd young woman from the influential House Tyrell. She’s pledged to marry the late King Robert’s brother, Renly Baratheon, as part of House Tyrell’s support for his bid to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
Old June 29th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Paola Graciano

I'm totally mad about GoT. I've read the first book and enjoyed it a lot. So anxious about the second season of the show. Sean Bean was great in it. His character was noble, honest, full of good values that unfortunately didn't mean a lot in King's Landing

Talking about the boys, Kit Harington was amazing as Jon Snow. OMG! He's so cute. All of those moments with Arya and Sam Tarly were heartbreaking. Love the curls and those puppy eyes.

Sure we can have a lot of fun with the rest.

Old June 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Alive...and kicking

I've seen the 5 first episodes...the serie is pretty well made,good acting and a wide range of characters,though there's a lot of cliches,but this is inevitable...I've enjoyed a lot in general...lot of gorgeous men...though I can't help to think in that Shrek prince everytime I see Lannister...

Old July 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I Love Lucy

I Love Lucy is one of my favorite shows! My grandma loves it, my mom loves it and has been watching my box sets (she just had major surgery and has been advised not to "laugh to hard") I just love that the humor transcends ages.

This is one of my favorite scenes from Season 1 with Ricky performing El Cubanchero in the Ricardos' apartment. Major crush on Desi!

El Cubanchero

Any Lucy fans out there?