Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old April 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

I can truly understand WHERE Bella is coming from though....I did hate it. As Edward states in the book, it was certainly bound to leave its mark when Jacob helped bring Bella back to life, that really isnt something you can let go of.

I do agree that she did trudge him along through out the book and I truly hated the attitude of getting married and the dress and how she acted about the wedding...its one thing to be embarrassed and what not about all the attention, its another thing to give in and give the person you love most in the world what he wants.. and how she acted about the ring, yeah, smack upside the head. for Gods sake.... that was disgusting.

I also agree, that if... and only if something had happened to Edward, that Jacob was the next option. Its not like the kid didnt use that to try to sway her either, that was another thing I found slightly annoying, it was almost like bribing.

All in all, after what Bella had been through, surviving was the main goal, and I do believe she just lost track of her feelings by thinking that Jacob was something more than that but it really bothered me how she let it interfere with all things Edward. I can say I've been here before, in this situation, not with vampires and wolves though, and it is hard, very hard, no matter how strongly you feel about 1 or the other to make that final choice. Either way a piece of your heart does fall out.

Doesnt mean I liked it.
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
hugging Nygel and Logan

I am by no means a Bella fan, she annoyed the crap out of me. But, for one moment, think about what has happened to her...

1. She almost was killed by the same vamp who was after Alice so long ago and Alice was the only one who got away. That's got to be frightening in itself.
2. She's living with her father, who she barely knows, hardly sees, and doesn't even respect his opinion on which guy to be with.
3. Her "friends" at school bad mouth her vamps all the time simply because they're jealous.
4. She's just 17. She's really got no applicable life lessons, aside from survive any way you can.
5. She's got two guys who offer her two different worlds. At 17 you want the bad dark guy, not the safe comfortable guy.
6. Jasper tried to kill her, even if it was an accident. (Jasper's my favorite vamp but not for that reason.)
7. Rosalie hates her until Bella digs deeper and figures out why Rose acts the way she does. Personally, I agree with Rose. If Bella was smart (And she nearly admitted that she wasn't) she'd run to Jacob and have a little of puppies.

I think all I'm saying is that Bella embodies what Meyer would imagine any average high school girl doing- dark and dangerous is good. After all, teenagers think they'll live forever without any repercussions.

And trust me, if Jacob's feeling bad about Bella or needs to waste some time until Renesme grows up, he knows where to find me.
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellas View Post
I am by no means a Bella fan, she annoyed the crap out of me. But, for one moment, think about what has happened to her...

5. She's got two guys who offer her two different worlds. At 17 you want the bad dark guy, not the safe comfortable guy.

that right there is the kicker... when I was 17, it would of been what I wanted, not to mention that Edward being WHAT he is... invited her in with his face, his smell... the perfect predator.

As for Jacob, the safe bet isnt always the best bet, you have to follow your heart... even if it gets... bitten.
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:24 PM
besotted with buttons

I just finished the books!! Phew...family beginning to wonder if I had moved out.
Fabulous and I do agree Luna- despite the annoying teenagery behaviour, which of course is fair enough in a sense, this is just BRILLIANT and captivating. I did like her better as a vampire- she found herself, and perhaps thats what it is all about.

sigh. Better read them all again now.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Imagination Rules!

Well done Nuit, well done! Sent one of my best friends off yesterday with a new desire to read the books, so yet another convert on the way. So glad you enjoyed them as much as the rest of us. They are a captivating read, no mistake about that!

hugs
Luna
xx

PS: Agree with all the points raised by everyone - seems we're all on the same page!

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:31 AM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

I just reread this again.. today.. since I've been a bit sickly and not in much of a compie mood.....

yes, I would like to take a bat to her head. the end, when she is bawling.. and poor Edward has to put up with it. mehhhhhhhhhhh. *whack*

*#DLK#*@(*#(@P*$. Bella, you, *#&*(@).

the more I read it, the more Im like.. what a crappy attitude she has about it all.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Congrats for finishing Nuit!!
I imagine your family felt that you were gone for some days; body was there but the mind in a very different world
And I agree completely, Bella found her self more as a vampire, I think she says it herself, it is as she was born become one, but one more evolve like the Cullen kind.
The only moment I didn´t found Bella annoying at all was when she was carrying her child, giving all in her body to keep the child safe, so she could be born, I thought that was the moment that vindicated all her action, that single act of love and motherly courage, erase all her action of the past.
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:07 PM
besotted with buttons

I don't agree exactly but thats ok! I thought in that bit she was being worse then ever. I couldn't believe she would risk so much, her life and Edwards life/happiness. It became clearer as it went on but thats how I felt at first, all that with Rosalie and disempowering Edward.
Hmmm all about him huh??!

Old April 29th, 2009, 01:05 AM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
I don't agree exactly but thats ok! I thought in that bit she was being worse then ever. I couldn't believe she would risk so much, her life and Edwards life/happiness. It became clearer as it went on but thats how I felt at first, all that with Rosalie and disempowering Edward.
Hmmm all about him huh??!
that bothered me a bit too Nuit, how it was obvious all the pain that HE was in.... and she just brushed it off, but again, I dont know how I would feel if I knew my husband wanted to kill our child...
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I understand what you are saying, I felt the same thing while I was reading it but then I analyzed it a bit; first, we care too much about Edward´s feelings, is like the story leads you to sort of “fall in love” with Edward we became overprotective about him (if you are Team Edward of course) and we knew he was heartbroken and guilt was killing him through out pregnancy, which immediately changed when he could read the child´s thought, he understood what Bella was doing; second point is that we get that part of the story through Jacob´s eyes, at the moment the child was a monster to him, so much that he agreed at that point with Edward on many things, and when he saw Edward changing his mind and the time of delivery was coming, he transmitted that in the narrative; I think if the pregnancy part was narrated by Bella, the vision would had been different.
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:52 AM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Quite possible, because we are seeing it through Jacobs eyes... so you may be right.
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
besotted with buttons

That may be true yes, though she MUST have been scared shitless, the baby breaking her bones and sapping her life blood, literally. I suppose what I find difficult to comprehend is that she kind of shut Edward out then, it was all bound up with the baby and Rosalie, and yes that may be because it is Jacobs pov, but the author choses that. It is a kind of detached bit of writing.

Old May 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

true Nuit, but you are also seeing the "burning man" from Jacobs POV.. and it gives Jacob a better understanding, or... maybe something in common that they both hate this thing that is sucking the life out of the girl they love?

I think bella harbors a bit of anger towards Edward, even though she knows she is hurting him, she is doing what she feels is best... for the baby.
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Passionately Enthralled

So news for Eclipse are starting, Peter Fachinelli sayd they start rehearsing next week.
Mid August starts the main shoot.
One news is running now that shocked fans of the saga: Rachelle Lefevre will be replaced by Bryce Howard for her role of Victoria in Eclipse
Quote:
THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS
BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles – July 28, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.
Eclipse is the part of the saga, the character Victoria was really big into it, and I liked Rachelle as Victoria; Bryce is a great actress, but the switch is weird.
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:19 AM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

going to be strange seeing somebody else in that role, she had such a perfect grrrr factor. LOL... we will see. Im sure it will be fine, because she isnt in new moon too too much I dont think.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Gone bush!

I thought Rachelle was brilliant as Victoria!

RIP HEATH
*Beautiful icon animation by Kat-thanks*
*Gorgeous siggy by Nel*
*Thanks to Mata for icon*

*Don't Tell The Elf!*
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Summit Sucks!!!

Quote:
Rachelle Lefevre ‘Stunned’ Over ‘Eclipse’ RecastingLOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Summit Entertainment announced the replacement of “Twilight Saga” star Rachelle Lefevre in the series’ third film, “Eclipse,” on Tuesday night – and fans weren’t the only ones surprised by the news — Rachelle was shocked as well!

“I was stunned by Summit’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for ‘Eclipse,’” Rachelle said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

On Tuesday, Summit announced that Bryce Dallas Howard would be taking on the role in “Eclipse,” due in May 2010.

“I was fully committed to the ‘Twilight’ saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria,” Rachelle continued, explaining the turn of events that led to the casting change. “I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to ‘Barney’s Version’ is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for ‘Eclipse.’ Although the production schedule for ‘Eclipse’ is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for ‘Eclipse,’ never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.”

The star concluded her statement with a regretful tone.

“I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the ‘Twilight’ audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of ‘Eclipse’ only the very best,” she said.

Rachelle will appear in the series’ next film, “New Moon,” due Nov. 20
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Gone bush!

Gawd that's unbelievable! Dirty bastards

RIP HEATH
*Beautiful icon animation by Kat-thanks*
*Gorgeous siggy by Nel*
*Thanks to Mata for icon*

*Don't Tell The Elf!*
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:59 AM
On a Yellow Slide

That pretty much sucks, I remember her saying somewhere on the Twilight extra features how excited she was to be a part of Twilight.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Passionately Enthralled

New stills for this film

Old February 9th, 2010, 01:24 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks Aquilah! I rather like that second shot there. Edward doesn't smile enough.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old February 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

hmmm, would this be the .. I love you, I want you scene... *stomach flip flops*

I hope they have that in there....

PS, when is this set to come out?? March? June?
Old February 9th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GfLady2 View Post

PS, when is this set to come out?? March? June?
I think June, I don´t know what date. March is for the other film not Twilight related
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilah View Post
I think June, I don´t know what date. March is for the other film not Twilight related
acht... and the new moon dvd, I think.
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GfLady2 View Post
acht... and the new moon dvd, I think.
yes!! you are right!! I forgot that.. the NM DVD comes out the last week of March

I´m not sure if Eclipse comes out May 30 or some day in June