Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Eclipse *spoilers*

Opening this thread just because today has been confirmed the director for the third installment of the Twilight saga.
David Slade will do the job, he has most recently directed 30 Days of Night and Hard Candy, both in the horros suspense genre

Quote:
Los Angeles, CA April 22, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that David Slade has been hired to direct THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on the Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010. The announcement was made by Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Production.

Meyer stated, “I am thrilled that David Slade will be directing ECLIPSE. He’s a visionary filmmaker who has so much to offer this franchise. From the beginning, we’ve been blessed with wonderful directorial talent for the Twilight Saga, and I’m so happy that ECLIPSE will be carrying on with that tradition.”

Feig said, “Stephenie Meyer’s ECLIPSE is a muscular, rich, vivid book and we at Summit looked long and hard for a director who could do it justice. We believe we have found that talent in David Slade, a director who has been able to create complex, visually arresting worlds. We cannot wait to see the ECLIPSE he brings to life and brings to the fans eagerly awaiting its arrival in summer of 2010.”

Filmmaker Slade came to prominence as a director for his work on 2006’s engrossing film HARD CANDY starring Academy Award® Nominated actress Ellen Page as well as directing 2007’s genre hit 30 DAYS OF NIGHT which opened to number one at the box office its first weekend of release.

In ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.
source: Summit Entertaiment
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
besotted with buttons

OoooH Thanks Aquilah. Is all very exciting huh? Just that I want to see them all today!

I am halfway through Eclipse now...building up...

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Awaiting a warrior prince

I posted this over on the Twilight thread but since this one is now open I thought I would share it in the appropriate thread. Here is a piccie of the "Wolf Pack" for the next movie. enjoy...........

clicky click.....

I can't wait to see what Jacob is going to look like with his shirt off.

Snoe

Last edited by snoewhite; April 23rd, 2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Imagination Rules!

Ooooh, yumbles - now that's a smorgasbord. Ta Snoe

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

this is all just too good. Im having a hard time waiting.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
hugging Nygel and Logan

Wolf Pack! Wolf Pack! Any word on who's playing seth? He was such a sweetie in the books. What about Leah and Emily? Those two cracked me up.

Jacob is the bomb!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Look here nellas, theres a vid..

http://bellaandedward.com/

that will give you a pretty good idea on who is who.
Old April 24th, 2009, 05:20 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks Aquilah, Cat and snoe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellas View Post
Wolf Pack! Wolf Pack! Any word on who's playing seth? He was such a sweetie in the books.
I love Seth's character!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Passionate about the Elf

Seth was the only wolf I really liked, being Team Edward all the way. *cough* I need to read the books again, but I let a friend read them and only got 3 of 4 back from her I'm on the verge of just going and buying a new one!
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkwoodelfchick View Post
Seth was the only wolf I really liked, being Team Edward all the way. *cough* I need to read the books again, but I let a friend read them and only got 3 of 4 back from her I'm on the verge of just going and buying a new one!
same here Mirk, I lent them out, though 1 by 1 to my cousin. LOL.... she had broken dawn for like a week, I wanted to cry. so I do feel for you!

Seth was my favorite too, maybe because he got along so well with edward, his attitude was.. he's a vampire, so what? He could truly call him friend... and that was important because the Cullens were different.... I adore the way she names the chapters, its awesome, specially in the last one.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Irys

Seth and (BD) Leah are great. Can't wait to see them.
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM
besotted with buttons

OMG that scene on the bed at the Cullens when he gives her the ring and she is trying to seduce him!
Quote:
Cold iron fetters locked around my wrists, and pulled my hands above my head, which was suddenly on a pillow
His lips were at my ear again. "Bella, " he murmured, his voice warm and velvet. "Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off".
Wonderful stuff. I am at the Isle Esme now Cat- definately needs your uh...addition

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

doesnt it though???? thats like the best part... and wait, you will get farther in... and it needs more! *snort*

Old April 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Passionately Enthralled

hahaha... nuit!! that phrase Edward said is one of the best, the scene is amazing!!
And there are a couple in the mid of battle when everything is about ts of to unleash, that you get the most powerfull hit of the love triangle, that part made me cry
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM
hugging Nygel and Logan

Spaceheater!

And I love the parts where Jacob is baiting Edward with his thoughts about Bella. Hysterically funny...for the wolf pack, but annying for the vamp.

Woof!
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

I agree nel, its good to see that Jacob grasps and understanding of what their love really is about, doesnt mean he likes it, or that hes going to give up... but.... at least he sees that Edward is 100% true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit
Cold iron fetters locked around my wrists, and pulled my hands above my head, which was suddenly on a pillow
His lips were at my ear again. "Bella, " he murmured, his voice warm and velvet. "Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off".
yeah, are you kidding me? if her hormones were anything like mine... pffft. I would of ripped my shirt off, *snort* and been like, how ya like me now vampire! restrain yourself from that!!
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:42 PM
besotted with buttons

Jacob is Brilliant. I love him. He is so in the moment and passionate and just there

The more I read of this the more fabulous it is in how the relationships grow, how Jacob makes Edward even better, kind of sadly I guess. The person that is pissing me off most is Bella frankly..

Old April 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
Jacob is Brilliant. I love him. He is so in the moment and passionate and just there

The more I read of this the more fabulous it is in how the relationships grow, how Jacob makes Edward even better, kind of sadly I guess. The person that is pissing me off most is Bella frankly..

she does give you the... strong desire to smack her upside the head doesnt she?
Old April 27th, 2009, 12:59 AM
hugging Nygel and Logan

So, the pull to the pack begins....

give into it....

you know you want to........
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:04 AM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

*coughTEAMEDWARDcough*
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Passionate about the Elf

*snort* ^ What she said... as the immortal line from Van Helsing goes, "Why does it smell of wet dog in here?" And nuit, I totally agree with you about Bella. Totally.
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Irys

Are Jacob fans the new Dark Side? Edward is all nice and shiny and swoonworthy, but Jake is up front and honest and non-broody.
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Imagination Rules!

Does anyone NOT agree about Bella? Really? Such a kill-joy in so many ways that girl I did wonder why Edward was so besotted, but then I guess she complimented his darker moods and tendencies in a way - a hugely positive upbeat personality might have been too much for him to bear!

I, too, suffered from the 'slapping upside the head' syndrome a lot of the time. Particularly all her carry on over the wedding dress etc. *eyeroll* I mean, come ON, as if anyone could possibly be that disinterested...and talk about ungrateful for all Alice had done for her. Sheesh. Still, doesn't detract from the story for me, loved it loved it loved it.

Old April 27th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Passionately Enthralled

spoilers from te book!!! in this opinion watch out

Couldn´t agree more about Bella, at some point we can all agree we want to slap her, I specially wanted to slap her when she asks Jacob to kiss her, I thought of her being the most selfish person on the planet when she did not only had Edward there not fighting beside his family because she was afraid of loosing him, but she also wanted Jacob there with her by her side, afraid of loosing both men she loved, her attitude like "**** the rest of the people" by asking them both to stay and letting their families and wolf pack respectively to the fate of battle, annoyed me!! she even went as far as asking Jacob to kiss her to see if she could convince him like that, good thing that the guy took off to battle anyway.

I sort of feel she played with both guys till she could decide and I must admit, even though I’m team Edward, I must admit Jacob is a great option, so I understand it is hard choice but come on girl, don´t play with both guys, they don´t deserve it.
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Imagination Rules!

Yeah, there was definately a lot of wanting her cake and eating it too! And continually toying with Jake's emotions was just cruel, when she KNEW it was Edward she wanted from the first moment. That annoyed me, just that continual jerking around with no regard to his ultimate feelings. Very selfish. But then, we are talking about a 17 year old - very emotional age to start with - which was another problem I had, his emotional maturity was so advanced compared to hers...but I could go on and will yet refrain, as the story itself captivated me too much to ponder the annoyances for too long.