Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old September 26th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Aint no other man but you

I've read Twilight probably three times, maybe four. IT's one of those easy to read, make me feel good books that I pick up when I don't feel like heavy reading. New Moon and Eclipse I've read twice and BD once. I'll read it again before the movie comes out. Twilight is my favorite because she introduced us to Edward. I don't know, I'm not very analytical but it did just grab practically everyone. We all got sucked in and then got the rest of the books and devoured them as quickly as we could. I've already told at least one of the writers here that she's a better writer and I'd read her version of Twilight, complete with bloody kills and other more mature themes, any day. I was so frustrated with the lack of sex, probably because of Anne Rice being my main introduction into the world of vampires, but also because that's just what I like I guess Especially disappointed with that in BD but I get it, was for teens. I'm a vampire lover, I admit it. I don't mean to get sucked in by them (haha) but they are so beautiful and dangerous and sexual. I was momentarily in to Taylor until I realized he was just too boyish and I'm too old for that. He is a beautiful creature. Jacob's relationship with Bella bugged me. The constant fighting, etc. I hated how she made Edward the stand up, controlling boyfriend and Jacob the fun, get into dangerous situations with guy. What's more dangerous than having a boyfriend who wants to kill you? It bothered me in the movie Eclipse that there was more passion between Bella and Jacob than Bella and Edward but whose fault is that? I don't know. I know I'm rambling. Not analytical, not organized.

Heehee Nuit, I agree. But I'll take Eric.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:41 PM
A touch of destiny...

Location: 'schland ~but I prefer my own little world of dreams~
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanDreamin View Post
I've read Twilight probably three times, maybe four. IT's one of those easy to read, make me feel good books that I pick up when I don't feel like heavy reading. New Moon and Eclipse I've read twice and BD once. I'll read it again before the movie comes out. Twilight is my favorite because she introduced us to Edward. I don't know, I'm not very analytical but it did just grab practically everyone. We all got sucked in and then got the rest of the books and devoured them as quickly as we could. I've already told at least one of the writers here that she's a better writer and I'd read her version of Twilight, complete with bloody kills and other more mature themes, any day. I was so frustrated with the lack of sex, probably because of Anne Rice being my main introduction into the world of vampires, but also because that's just what I like I guess Especially disappointed with that in BD but I get it, was for teens. I'm a vampire lover, I admit it. I don't mean to get sucked in by them (haha) but they are so beautiful and dangerous and sexual. I was momentarily in to Taylor until I realized he was just too boyish and I'm too old for that. He is a beautiful creature. Jacob's relationship with Bella bugged me. The constant fighting, etc. I hated how she made Edward the stand up, controlling boyfriend and Jacob the fun, get into dangerous situations with guy. What's more dangerous than having a boyfriend who wants to kill you? It bothered me in the movie Eclipse that there was more passion between Bella and Jacob than Bella and Edward but whose fault is that? I don't know. I know I'm rambling. Not analytical, not organized.

Heehee Nuit, I agree. But I'll take Eric.
I think we were all a bit disappointed with the lack of s in BD .

Has anyone of you read "The Host"? This is a book for adults from S. Meyer I think. Does she tell us more s details there?? Just curious
If not the lack of sex in BD is maybe not only because it's ment for teens but also because of religious reasons... *shrugges*

Don't know if anyone is interested but I've just read that 9 year old Mackenzie Foy is about to play the role of Renesmee in BD.
Here's an article with a pic of her http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00035669.html
I think she's really cute and could be a child of Kristen and Rob
But don't you think that a child of 9 is too old to play Nessie? Shouldn't Nessie look like a 3 year old child at the end of the book?
But maybe it's to difficult to shoot with such a little child and for the child it would be too much. I'm even afraid that the hype will soon be too much for that little Mackenzie...
I haven't heard of her before.
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
Gone bush!

She's very sweet!

RIP HEATH
*Beautiful icon animation by Kat-thanks*
*Gorgeous siggy by Nel*
*Thanks to Mata for icon*

*Don't Tell The Elf!*
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:32 AM
DaiQuendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
I think we were all a bit disappointed with the lack of s in BD .

Has anyone of you read "The Host"? This is a book for adults from S. Meyer I think. Does she tell us more s details there?? Just curious
If not the lack of sex in BD is maybe not only because it's ment for teens but also because of religious reasons... *shrugges*

Don't know if anyone is interested but I've just read that 9 year old Mackenzie Foy is about to play the role of Renesmee in BD.
Here's an article with a pic of her http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00035669.html
I think she's really cute and could be a child of Kristen and Rob
But don't you think that a child of 9 is too old to play Nessie? Shouldn't Nessie look like a 3 year old child at the end of the book?
But maybe it's to difficult to shoot with such a little child and for the child it would be too much. I'm even afraid that the hype will soon be too much for that little Mackenzie...
I haven't heard of her before.
I agree. When I saw the possible candidates for the role I was like: Shouldn't she be younger?
I didn't think of how hard it would be for 3/4 year old girl, and that she'll get all those media attention...

btw I think Mackenzie is the right child for the role, as you said, she does looks a bit like Edward and Bella's daughter
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:57 AM
hugging Nygel and Logan

Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about the kid. Sure, that one's cute but it should be a baby. Since I have a 6 month old who is very vocal when he's awake, I think they could've casted a baby and worked around it. But, you can't get a baby to do what you want it to on command, except cry and poop. Anyway- I don't care. It's not my butt ont he line if Breaking Dawn tanks, which I think it might, considering the LACK OF A FINAL BATTLE! What the **** is that? Augh, so anitclimatic. Whatever, at least Harry Potter has a final battle and LOTR had a great one- best final battle ever!

Whatever- there should have been elves in Twilight. Elves make everything better- espeically Legolas. Now there's someone I'd let suck the life out of me...in more ways than one!

OK, sorry. I had some ice cream before I wrote this, so I'm under the influence of sugar... That's never a good thing with me...
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:46 AM
DaiQuendi

Yes! That 'final' battle! It was such an anti-climax indeed, it would've been a great add to the story if there was a final battle and if, don't get me wrong, someone died. That may sound strange but I don't know.. I can't quite explain it actually..
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
hugging Nygel and Logan

I would have loved to see Emmett take on Felix (And because I'm so intruiged by Felix and all the animalistic sexiness he gives off) would like to see who won that fight. Secretly I"d root for Felix. Thing is, though, Rosalie would get involved, then I'd have to root for her. I'd hate to see anything happen to Jasper, but Alice could go. Who wants to see the future anyway? Edward definately could go, but that wouldn't work too well with the story, now would it? *le sigh* if only...if only my dear Felix would get some more screen time or if I knew where a fanfic of him was...perhaps I should write my own...

of course it wouldn't do to have me as the lead love interest, would it?

blah, my fanfic, my perogative.........
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Passionately Enthralled

talking about Breaking dawn... the director announced at the Twilight Saga Facebook, the amazing crew he is working with.. to bad the script writter is yet Melissa Rosemberg, Stephanie Meyer ie Executive Producer and the source of all this is the book it self, which is not good, but we know at least it will the visually stunning..

Quote:
Hello fans!

Has it really been five months (and a day) since my last dispatch? In my defense, they've been five months spent immersed in the world of TWILIGHT - something I'm sure you can all appreciate. We're in the thick of pre-production now, juggling everything from casting to storyboarding to location scouting, getting it all ready to go, but I do want to take a moment to announce to you exclusively a few of the amazing production team members who are hard at work alongside me, bringing these movies to life. I hope you'll be as excited about them as I am:

Guillermo Navarro, who won an Academy Award for the beautiful PAN'S LABYRINTH, is our cinematographer. Guillermo and I have been painstakingly planning each shot, with a team of very talented storyboard artists.

Michael Wilkinson, our costume designer, is bringing his brilliant vision to the styles of all your favorite characters. Michael's created fantastic looks for 300, WATCHMEN, and the upcoming TRON: LEGACY - just wait 'til you see his take on the vampire witnesses who come to Forks from around the globe.

Jean Black, our makeup designer, has worked extensively with the Coen Brothers and David Fincher, most recently making exquisite, award-winning contributions to THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. I'm honored to be working with her.

Richard Sherman, with whom I made GODS AND MONSTERS and KINSEY, is on-board as our production designer. Richard's one of my oldest collaborators and a terrific designer, and you may be interested to know that he also happens to be a lifelong vampire aficionado.

Our Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor John Bruno has been responsible for some of the most memorable special effects ever, with his groundbreaking work on display in everything from POLTERGEIST to AVATAR. He and his team are working intensely to develop solutions to the host of special effects challenges that Stephenie created for us in BREAKING DAWN, including that remarkable kid...

Wonderful, imaginative people all and very exciting, intense times for us. Even with the months of work we've already put in, we're barely underway on the journey, and I do hope to get back to you much sooner next time with more news. Until then, thanks for your warm reception and continued support!

Very best regards,

Bill
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM

Calypso, I've read The Host and loved it! It's very different obviously - is about aliens. But its an easy read (seems to be a requirement for me these days) and ultimately a love story. If you over analyze the sci-fi stuff it may drive you crazy but it didn't bother me at all. More mature but since it's Stephanie Meyer it is not very detailed. It is supposed to be made into a movie and I'm very excited about that. I hope they get the cast right.

That is a beautiful little girl. I wonder if they will be using a few different girls, different ages but similar in looks.

Thanks Aquilah for the information!

Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
A touch of destiny...

Location: 'schland ~but I prefer my own little world of dreams~
Thank you for the news, Aquilah!

And thank you for the info about "the host", CD! Is it a creepy story? If it's too creepy I maybe shouldn't read it...
Old October 4th, 2010, 04:08 AM

I wouldn't have said creepy but it's possible it could creep someone out. Don't know.

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:36 AM
kashish

I had watch all movies of twilight and i like all the parts.The story in every part of twilight movie is different from others.