Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old January 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellas View Post
I love the soundtrack, #9 in particular. Jasper looked freaking awesome during that song.
*chuckle* You are a Jasper girl, aren't you!

I was at my daughter's swim meet today, reading the book again when a woman about my age sitting behind me sheepishly pulled out the same book! She had nabbed it from her daughter and loved it. We talked about the book, the movie and our favorite characters *cough*. She's a bit of an Edward fan like me.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I come kind of late to this thread it is just that I was doing good, I mean I was avoiding to fell into the frenzy of this novels , I avoided it really well till a co-worker who is very obsessed with it insisted on me to watch the movie, to read the novels because it wasn’t only for teens, so I watched the film… and I liked it ; before I didn’t understand all the buzz about the character of Edward or RP but watching the films, specially that kiss scene in Bella’s bedroom which is only a kiss, is the most “love action” you get to watch from the two characters, yet it is a very intense scene

So here I’m a fan of the franchise, I reailsed that if I liked the film I would love the books, because the books are always so much better than the films adaptation, so in a week I devoured the first and second book and not too long would be when I will finish reading all the books ... and of course I’m an Edward fan.

About the movies, I hope that in “New Moon” they will stick to the book, there is very few of Edward in it but the few there is, it is amazing!! And there are news that Dakota Faning will play Jane.
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Curiously Alive

Well, you've been bitten. All I can say is, Welcome to the Club! What a great club it is too. DVD next week, can't wait!

g
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:15 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Aha! Another one roped in. Welcome, Aquilah! I read in Entertainment Weekly that the DVD will contain... *brace yourselves* ...deleted kiss scenes.

Old March 13th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Passionately Enthralled

WHAT??!!
Deleted kiss scenes??!!!

UHHHH..... another DVD to get, it has been a long time, since AWE POTC, which was the last I bought.. uff again into all of this stuf of waiting for the movies to get into theaters, the DVDs to be on stands to buy... it feels like so long ago, yet it wasn´t that long ago since the last franchise we were obsessed with

Thanks a lot for the welcoming to the Twilight fandom
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Imagination Rules!

Deleted kiss scenes? I am SO seeing THAT! Ta Llyn.

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old March 14th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Passionate about the Elf

There are many reports, pictures and spoilers out and about regarding New Moon. Just to let everyone know, we'd like to keep this thread for just the first film, Twilight. I'll open a new thread for all your New Moon gushing in a minute.

Mirk
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Adoring

newmoon.com
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
hugging Nygel and Logan

Do you know what happened at my house today? My hubbie watched Twilight with me and LOVED it. He thought it was freaking awesome and kept asking me what happens in the next installments. He wants New Moon now, mainly because of the Jacob/garage parts, but he thought it was cool. His fave character is Charlie, especially the shot gun scene! I laughed so hard as he was jumping up and down screaming "Hell yeah! Shoot him!" You have to know my hubbie to understand, he's got a shot gun and is practicing for if/when we have a daughter.

On a purely fan girl note, my Jasper looked HOT!!! in the baseball scene! Oi vey, come on NM!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:53 AM
In Love

It's always nice to hear about a guy who likes Twilight. :)

Does anyone have the DVD yet? I was thinking about getting it today, but went shopping and was too tired to watch a movie by the time I got home.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:19 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Here will have to wait a little bit longer for the DVD..

Now few screen caps that were posted at edwardandbella.net, there are much more there...

"becoming Edward"

"Deleted scenes"

"Vampire Kiss"

"video: Bella´s Lullaby"
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:41 AM
In Love

Ooh, thanks for the screencaps!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
kissing will turner !

thanks so much for the caps, keep them coming PLEASE

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Uhhh.. well I´m pretty bad posting pics,.. I don´t have the patience to post too many, but I´ll post here the link, is from the site that took all the effort to make this great caps, it is the link to their gallery at edwardandbella.net

http://everglowmedia.net/gallery/index.php?cat=82

Also from another page.. sunk-ransom.com.. two videos from the DVD don´t know wich one, I think it is the 3 discs DVD

Vampire kiss montage.. (very intense to the end of it )
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8q...age_shortfilms

Edward´s piano concert.. (aparently is what the actor inprovised on the spot to play on the piano)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8q...ert_shortfilms
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
On a Yellow Slide

I've got the DVD and though I haven't made my way through all the extras, it is definitely worth it! Lots of great behind the scene stuff.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

I just got the book! (I'm slow on trends) I've already begun reading. Currently, I'm up to the part when Bella meets the Cullens and Edward runs out on her because of her "smell"

I love the description of Edward as a guy with "unruly copper hair". That's Rob right there.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
On a Yellow Slide

You've got a ways to go then, Guin! At least there's plenty of time to read before New Moon is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellas View Post
On a purely fan girl note, my Jasper looked HOT!!! in the baseball scene! Oi vey, come on NM!
I noticed there was quite a lot of Jackson in the behind the scene stuff...nice to see, since his part in the first movie was so small! You must be a happy camper, nell.

Last edited by Llyneth; March 23rd, 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Passionate about the Elf

Finally going to see this movie. I ordered it on Netflix and it shipped today I'll LYK if I hate it or love it. There's not much gray area for me with films of books that I really like.
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:55 AM
hugging Nygel and Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyneth View Post
I noticed there was quite a lot of Jackson in the behind the scene stuff...nice to see, since his part in the first movie was so small! You must be a happy camper, nell.
Which DVD set did you get? I got the 2 set, and haven't gotten much time to see the extras, with hubbie wanting to watch normal tv like NASCAR, Chuck, and The Unit.

So, I've had to settle with the baseball scene. Pfft...settle right...he's hot. That's all I can say. Plus, I love the line he says after Victoria's line about a wicked curve ball, even though I can't remember it word for word. But, that's my Jasper!
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Hmmmmm, I got the three disk set from Target, so mine may have different things. If you don't have all the seven part documentary on how the film was made, let me know. You may be missing out on some Jackson goodness.

Old March 24th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Passionately Enthralled

At EW.com, there is an article about some good things the DVD has, one of them aparently is the movie comentary by Kristen, Catherin and Robert who aparently couldn´t stop joking about every thing in the movie, mostly him self.
They posted his quotes, I´ll post some here, there are many you can read them at EW. com website

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...ht-dvd-ro.html

Quote:

'Twilight' DVD: Best of Robert Pattinson's audio commentary

I had read that Robert Pattinson was a cut-up on the Twilight DVD commentary track with director Catherine Hardwicke and costar Kristen Stewart, but I needed to hear it (and 122 minutes of his British accent) for myself. The man's obsession with Edward's sculpted eyebrows really is quite entertaining. The highlights:

19:22 And the eyebrow obsession begins as the close-ups on Stewart and Pattinson get closer and closer in biology:

Pattinson: We have very similar eyebrows. [Laughs]
Hardwicke: Rob! We had to pluck the heck out of your eyebrows.
Pattinson: S--- hurt. Aw, man.

24:30 Bella confronts Edward in the hospital and he tells her what she thinks she saw happen in the parking lot is wrong. "The moral of this scene is never trust a guy who plucks his eyebrows. You know, there's always something up. Something suspect."

26:30 Mike asks Bella to the prom. Stewart says she saw that actor recently and he looked good, older...

Pattinson: I've already aged about six years.
Hardwicke: [A little too steamily?] Well, yeah.
Pattinson: I look haggard. Might as well recast. [Laughs]
Hardwicke: Yeah. I'm sure we can do better now. [Laughs]
Pattinson: Yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah, it made money now. "Where's Efron?" [Laughs]
Hardwicke: Now we can attract somebody good. [Laughs]

30:34 Pattinson admits that he tells people the shot of him kicking up the apple is real. "Well basically, you gotta get the right angle. You gotta get it right on the instep." (They used a string, and it took him many, many takes.) Hardwicke says she used to ask if he was practicing his Hacky Sack because she wanted it to be more elaborate -- e.g. bounce it off of two knees and an ankle and then catch it. "People would be in hysterics if they saw that," he says. "It's like, wow, he's a superhuman moron.... So he wears lipstick, has a little bouffant, and does little circus acts as well. Oh, he's so se[xy]." I think he was going to say sexy, but Stewart interrupted him to compliment the accent he used to say bouffant.

41:45 Bella has dinner. More close-ups.

Pattinson: I wonder if vampire's eyebrows can grow back.
Hardwicke: Hopefully.
Pattinson: Maybe they can make that part of my distraught thing in the second one.
Hardwicke: Where you stop plucking?

1:14:18 Finally, the kissing scene. Hardwicke says, "I have heard from, um, people of all ages, that this scene kinda gets 'em goin'." It certainly works on 33-year-olds. Or so I have, um, heard.

Pattinson: This is quite difficult 'cause I have a really flat head, and so it's quite difficult to get a correct angle," Pattinson says. "And you can't go up from down below as well, 'cause I've got, like, rock solid gelled hair. And so, like, it was odd. I don't know, sometimes I feel like my head is being, like, turned inside out. Like that episode of Ren & Stimpy when he's inside his own belly button. [Stewart laughs] I don't know.
Hardwicke: Okay....

He really shouldn't watch himself onscreen. (I, however, have no problem. I may have just rewound. Twice.) The awkward rambling is endearing.

1:22:40 The baseball scene (pictured). Edward crouches and defends Bella from James. "Oh jeez, that's a tough facial expression to pull off," Pattinson says. (I love that he knows he didn't.) He says he growled, but it was cut. "Don't put it in the DVD.... If it is, I'll sue," he threatens. Stewart recreates it, and (unintentionally?) sounds like a cat coughing up a fur ball. Hardwicke says they tried so many different growls, but ended up toning down the growls for everyone.

Pattinson: Looking scary with a baseball outfit on and a little bouffant, you know, it just does not work. Especially with sculpted eyebrows.
Hardwicke: Rob. Stop it.
Pattinson: I'm really scary in reality.
Hardwicke: Yeah, we know that.
Pattinson: Most of the time.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Passionate about the Elf

OK, I finally saw this. I have to say, I hated the actress who played Bella. She was nothing like the Bella I imagined when reading the books. Nothing at all. Other than that, I must admit, I couldn't even finish watching it. I really didn't like it. Some of the actors and scenes were OK, but just not what I expected.
Old March 27th, 2009, 03:58 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Awwwww Mirk. I was not impressed with the movie the first time I saw it but enjoyed it much more the second time. Like you, I had preconceived ideas of what it should be like that were much different. That's always the danger with books that you love, isn't it.

Old March 27th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Imagination Rules!

Well you gave it a shot Mirk, which is more than I thought you would, you were so adamant on remaining true to the books - but now you can back up your opinion with a true assessment having seen it - you were right after all, as you already knew!! Hugs for seeing it though, I'm glad you did.

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:13 AM
SweetBride202

Twilight is one of the nices movie ever.