Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old January 31st, 2008, 10:47 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Twilight

If this is innapropriate because this film hasn't been made yet then please feel free to delete. if anyone has read the vampire books, Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse then they may be as excited as i am about this movie. Shooting will begin in Oregon at the end of feb. Robert Pettinson who played Cedric in HP has signed up to play the lead vampire role Edward Cullen. Orlando was third most popular to play Edward by the author. Ohhhhh I'm so excited!

Pirate-x-Girls
Old March 6th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate-x-Girls View Post
Ohhhhh I'm so excited!
Me too!!!!! I wasn't sure about Rob playing my secret love (shhhh, don't tell my husband,lol), but now I can't seem to picture anybody else. I think Rob has that quiet, soft spoken, and beautiful quality to him that any actor would need to pull off Edward. It's not just just Edward's looks, it's his mannerisms that attract me.

I must really be into this movie, because I just made a avatar/sig set and I haven't made one in well over a year!

Pirate x Girls, are you a Jacob or Edward fan???? I guess you already know my answer.
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I am soooooooo an Edward fan! No Jacob! Nice enough but Edward is the best! Anyway i found this poster and and pics of the Cullens on Stephanie Meyers website.

and the cullens mmmmmmm Edward!

Old March 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Tehe, sombody else to share in my obsession! I am surprised there are not more twilight fans here.

Oh, those pics are nice! I read that they took those pics of the cullens before they had their look refined, so they will look even better when new pics are released!!!!!

I made a wallpaper of Edward and Bella:

and I did a couple photo manips of Rob as Edward (keep in mind I am new to trying to change colors, etc...):

Old March 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Ooooohhhh, they are very good and yeah I am surprised there are not more Twilight fans, but you can't please everybody, I have a friend who is just as excited as me so we can ramble together!
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I have been trying to get my best friend to read them for a while. She keeps saying she's too busy. When she came up for the weekend I put the frist part of my twilight audio book on her ipod, lol. I gave her my aux plug for the car and tod her to put it on for her 2 hour trip home. She called me later and said she listened to it all the way home and then when she got home she gave the baby to her hubby and said she was taking a nap and she listend to more. She's at the Port Angeles scene and she's hooked!

I am a member of twilight Moms and I love it there. It's a great place too get all kinds of info on the movies and books. Have you seen the mtv and et behind the scenes clips? They are pretty cool. MTV will be having a whole bunch more betwen now and dec.

mtv: (if you're not in the US you have to watch it on youtube) http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1585325&vid=224215

et online clip: http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/04/60435/index.html
et aired on ET: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8q3l6L1ZDA
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I've been trying to get my sister reading it and she has read the first two. Unfortutanly my computer has no sound! Damn thing, this is very problematic as you can imagine! So i'll guess i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Here's a link to the full cast list. It makes me happy, though i'm not really sure about Jacob Black! I imagined him better looking cough orlando cough! Cast list Enjoy!
Old April 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
In love with my Romeo...

How could I miss this thread????

I'm such a big Twilight fan and I can't wait to watch the movie.
Especially during the first book, I was so very much in love with Edward. What a guy! (This migth sound odd, but it's true. )

I hope that the film will be as good as the movie, but I know that I was often disappointed in the past because most films cannot reach the quality of the book (when the book exists first).

But the photos I've seen so far don't look bad....
Old April 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Have you gals seen the mtv clip that was played at comic con? It is too awesome! I have it on my mp3 player. You get to hear Edwards American accent! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1585900&vid=226476

It is on youtube as well if you are outside the US.

Also the trailer is supposed to be played in front of Speed Racer. And it will be going live on the website that same day (I think).

There is a new website with a video of Catherine. It is kind of a blog of the production of twilight. She is da bomb. www.greetingsfromtwilight.com

Old May 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
In love with my Romeo...

I haven't seen anything yet, Care, but I'll have a look at everything.
Thanks for the update!
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM
In Love

The teaser trailer for Twilight came out today! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWkWNsk-qE

Gahhh!!!!! Edward/Rob Pattinson looks so good I feel pretty excited for this movie!
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:24 PM
In love with my Romeo...

Thanks, Resurgere.

*have to watch it now*
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
kissing will turner !

i loved the 1st book im going to read the 2nd and 3rd very soon !!
i love edward sooooooo much (jacobe is nice too) rob is perfect for ed
cant wait for the movie

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Been a bit out with this thread but thanks for all the info! And for those who have read all three books and are waiting very excitedly for the fourth Breaking Dawn on August 1st, raise your hands and say 'Aye'
*Raises hand* Aye!

Pirate-x-Girls
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:50 PM
kissing will turner !

*Raises hand* "aye"

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old July 4th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I can't wait for BD!!! I still have to get a shirt to put my Team Edward on form the Eclipse SE. My best friend and I have had it planned for a couple months, we are getting the guys to watch the kids at my place and I am going to her place friday so we can get the book at midnight and stay up reading and having a few drinks! NO KIDS, NO HUSBANDS to bug us, lol. I can't wait.
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM
nimrodel22

So excited about this! the books are amazing! Anyone know if and when it's being released in the UK? Haven't been able to find a date
Old July 5th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

I didn't think it would be different. I am a memeber of Twilight Moms and I am sure it says there somewhere. They pretty much have all the info you need in one place. http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.org/index.php You should check it out.
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
nimrodel22

Thanks Care! managed to find a date.
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
In love with my Romeo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate-x-Girls View Post
Been a bit out with this thread but thanks for all the info! And for those who have read all three books and are waiting very excitedly for the fourth Breaking Dawn on August 1st, raise your hands and say 'Aye'
*Raises hand* Aye!

Pirate-x-Girls
*raises hand* Aye!
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Hey Twilight fans. I thought you all might be interested to know that this week's Entertainment Weekly has a cover story on Twilight. The article covers both the frenzy the books have caused and the upcoming movie. Robert Pattinson(a bare-chested Edward ) and Kristen Stewart are on the cover. Here is the link for the article and a pic of the cover:

http://www.ew.com/ew/inside/issue/0,,ewTax:1002,00.html

As for myself, I am not a Twilight fan yet. But from what I've read and heard, it does sound intrigueing.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Yeah, I am glad it's on the cover and there's a story on it... but that EW cover is horrid. I wouldn't want non fans to get the wrong idea on what Twilight is about. I want it to make them intersted in the movie.

ET said they were playing a new trailer tonight, but it was just some new clips. Still, they were pretty cool. Some James, Edward, Bella. If you missed it youtube has it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFaPPH7_z78
Old July 16th, 2008, 06:38 AM
In love with my Romeo...

Thank you, knightlover and Care!

knightlover: You should read it. I'M sure you'll like it.

Care: I understand what you mean. The PR-compaign might get into the wrong direction if they don't pay attention.

EDIT: I've followed the links now. And the cover definitely IS terrible. OMG, they will ruin the movie and the good image of the books and of Stephenie Meyer!

Last edited by pirate_lady; July 16th, 2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

OME, this book rocked! It was my favorite by far. WOW.

Spoiler
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
In love with my Romeo...

In Germany the date of release is today. I haven't got it yet but I hope I will get it today or tomorrow by DHL.