Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old October 18th, 2007, 04:25 PM
at worldīs end and beyond

check the confirmed and not confirmed cast for the film...

Star Trek (2008 film) Cast

Cast
Zachary Quinto..... Mr. Spock
Leonard Nimoy ..... older Mr. Spock
Chris Pine .............. James T Kirk
Eric Bana............ Nero (villain)
Karl Urban... .... Dr. Leonard ‘Bones’ McCoy
Simon Pegg.......... Montgomery ‘Scotty’ Scott
John Cho............ Hikaru Sulu
Anton Yelchin...... Pavel Chekov
Zoe Saldana.... Uhura

Confirmed uncast characters

unknown ‘Federation Captain’
unknown Christopher Pike
unknown George Kirk (Kirk’s father)
unknown Mrs. Kirk (Kirk’s mother)

Unconfirmed cast

Greg Grunberg unknown (expected)
William Shatner older James T Kirk (possible)
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istariel View Post
*calmly drops dumptruck-load of crushed ice on Serein*

There we go...that should help for at least a couple of minutes...
*ice immediately evaporates into gaseous state*

You honestly think just a dumptruck will work? We are talking ERIC and KARL in the same movie. I think I will spontaneously combust even before the movie comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
Captain Pike! yeah!!! why not Orlando as CAPTAIN OF THE USS ENTERPRISE!!!!

thatīs a good idea , Serein... OMG, I MUST stop speculating with this, is not healthy for my poor trek-soul
I know! I've got to stop dreaming about this but I can't help it. The very idea is so appealing.

I have to get a little something off my chest though. Llyn, don't kill me yet. I'm still having a bit of trouble seeing karl as Bones. Karl would make a great big mean bad guy. I think I've been watching too much Chronicles of Riddick. It's just that McCoy was kind of on the wimpy side compared to Kirk and even Spock. I'm not sure how Karl is going to play wimpy with his bulk.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:48 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Hee hee, now me I have no trouble at all thinking of Karl as Bones. I'm not really concerned about the physical difference, if Karl is bulkier then GREAT! And I think Karl can do the same dry, ascerbic wit that Bones demonstrated. I never thought of him as wimpy, just more cautious. He and Spock always had that banter going on between them that I loved too.

I'm so excited I could burst!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:52 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Perhaps wimpy isn't quite the right word. I don't know. I just know I'm going to have to rethink the hotness factor. I'm going to have to rewire my brain to think of Bones as HOT!

*tinkers with brain*

OK, that was easy. Bones is going to be so HOT!!!!

Old October 19th, 2007, 04:21 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein View Post
*tinkers with brain*

OK, that was easy. Bones is going to be so HOT!!!!
One image of Karl in a tight-fitting Starfleet tunic and pants should just about do it, eh? Ahhhhhhh, the "let's play doctor" jokes are all coming to me now.

Old October 19th, 2007, 05:04 AM

I can also imagine Karl saying ... "he´s dead , Jim"

dammit! I can´t wait an entire year for this, I just CAN´T.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:10 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

At least with filming starting next month we'll start getting more snippets more regularly. Hopefully they'll include some costume pics fairly soon!
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Imagination Rules!

"He's dead Jim" - oh, I've missed that. That is going to be SO cool!

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

I keep thinking of the Star Trekkin song that came out in the late 80's, and McCoy's part at the end "It's worse than that, it's physics Jim"

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Mists View Post
Russell Crowe EF? What role is he playing?
I really dont know....i 'read' somewhere that he may be starring in the star trek movie...more investigations needed i think
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfFairy View Post
I really dont know....i 'read' somewhere that he may be starring in the star trek movie...more investigations needed i think
Okay after a little investigating this is what i found

The villain in the new Star Trek film will be played by an Australian, but not (as rumored) Russell Crowe. Trek’s new bad guy will be played by Eric Bana, star of the 2005 Steven Spielberg film Munich . According to Variety the 39 year-old Aussie has signed on to play a character called ‘Nero,’ but no other details have been provided. In a strange coincidence Bana co-starred with Tom Hardy (Shinzon - Star Trek Nemesis) in the 2001 Ridley Scott film Black Hawk Down - making two Trek movie villains in a row from that movie.

(more…)

I would have liked russell crowe to have a part in the movie but it is not to be...

Sorry for the double post

Last edited by ElfFairy; October 19th, 2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Crumpet Toasting Director

A couple things we need to keep in mind with this casting, this is supposed to take place some years before the original series. Maybe McCoy was in good shape in his youth. Maybe he got kinda slim as he got older. I know my dad has. He is slimmer now than 20 years ago when he was built like some logger out of Canada! I can see Karl as the younger, ripped doctor of his youth.

The only issue I have with this casting is Chekov. How long before the series is this supposed to take place? Chekov was the youngest crew member somewhere in his very early 20s. So 10 years earlier, he would be a CHILD! Younger than Wesley in TNG.

I am so looking forward to this! Karl and Eric! And Simon! If folks have not been exposed to Simon Pegg, I highly recommend seeing Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz! (I like HF better then SotD. I'm not into bloody horror stuff but it is funny)

I currently have a small crush on this guy (no comments form Serein and EL about my Man Bar!) This is a crush based on the guy being a mad man but a lovable mad man!
Old October 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM

you are right, Beasty... the new Checov looks as young as the "original"

I am waiting now for some gossips about the script now... what will the film be about exactly? what is the role of older Spock? will it be some kind of memory or flashbacks of the times when he was younger? I have too many questions to be answered

Thanks for the info about Simon, I had no idea where he appeared before . Now I know why you were so excited about his casting
Old October 19th, 2007, 06:41 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastyBunny View Post
If folks have not been exposed to Simon Pegg, I highly recommend seeing Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz! (I like HF better then SotD. I'm not into bloody horror stuff but it is funny)

I currently have a small crush on this guy (no comments form Serein and EL about my Man Bar!) This is a crush based on the guy being a mad man but a lovable mad man!
I won't comment on the increasing number of small crushes you've developed over the years.

I have seen both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and I think Simon Pegg is absolutely brilliant. He will certainly make Scotty a very interesting character.

As far as Chekov goes, perhaps this picture would be a better representation of Anton Yelchin. I think this was taken just last year and he looks mighty young to me.

Old October 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info about Simon, I had no idea where he appeared before . Now I know why you were so excited about his casting
He has also done some serious acting. He was in Mission Impossible III (though I haven't seen it) But I have confidence in comedians doing drama. Just look at Eric! I know it's hard but I insist you looooook!

Yes Serein he looks mighty young there. I just can't figure how they're going to include him in the story. His class is on a field trip and they tour Starfleet? Or the ship?

And thanks for not *coughrightcough* commenting about my man bar. Simon is brilliant and not a bad looking little Brit!

Last edited by BeastyBunny; October 19th, 2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:09 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastyBunny View Post
How long before the series is this supposed to take place?
I've been wondering that too...it doesn't seem to me that the entire bridge crew would have been at the Academy at the same time? I hope the script is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastyBunny
I currently have a small crush on this guy (no comments form Serein and EL about my Man Bar!)
*snicker* Does that mean I can comment? *pot calling kettle black*

Old October 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM

THanks for the info on Simon Pegg.....i must check out those movies....
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyneth View Post
I've been wondering that too...it doesn't seem to me that the entire bridge crew would have been at the Academy at the same time? I hope the script is good.
Since there is a diversity of ages, it does seem unlikely that they would be. But then I guess it could be like college and you can join anytime. Still, unless they have a kindergarten age student body, Checkov would not have been in at the same time as Bones.

Quote:
*snicker* Does that mean I can comment? *pot calling kettle black*
Well, of course you can. I'm a true believer of "Too much of a good thing is wonderful"
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:36 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Location: At work... all the time. :( But dreaming of Orlando!
I really, really, REALLY want to see this with El, Ser and Llyn! OMG! The snyde remarks.. the sniggering, the lust!

I too have trouble seeing Karl as Bones... he seems too old to begin with.. but then again... who knows?

And what the hell is up with a 19 yr old Chechov??? Paramount needs to remember that Chechov didn't come on until the 2nd season I think... I swear, if Brannon Braga has anything to do with this, and if they do what they did to the Klingon's in Star Trek: Enterprise.... I'll be furious! Rotten, nasty, Cannon changing so-and-so!

And Nel... you MUST MUST MUST put Orli's head on Cmdr. Riker's body... PLEASE!!!! OMG!! I will and !!!

How come no one ever said Cmdr. Riker floats their boat? Wait nevermind... this means I DON'T HAVE TO SHARE!! WITH ANYONE!!

Is it Christmas 2008 yet??
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:06 AM

I was wondering when you will come to this thread, Dayna!

I am excited as you are, now I can´t wait for this film

I will try some new Commanders and Captains Bloom , for sure... is a temptation I can´t deny

I am also worried as you with certain things concerning pure Trek issues, but let´s wait and see what this new team with J.J. Abrams in the head are planning. I expect something completely fresh and surprising.
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:53 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Quote:
I was wondering when you will come to this thread, Dayna!

I am excited as you are, now I canīt wait for this film

I will try some new Commanders and Captains Bloom , for sure... is a temptation I canīt deny

I am also worried as you with certain things concerning pure Trek issues, but letīs wait and see what this new team with J.J. Abrams in the head are planning. I expect something completely fresh and surprising.
Yeah, I've been doing other things besides loving Orlando recently ... but I always come back Home! And I can't wait to see Cmdr Bloom! Yuuuummmmyyyy!

I certainly hope JJ can keep Braga in line... if Braga thinks he's Roddenberry's successor, he's sadly mistaken in the Talent department. He makes me grumpy!
Old October 21st, 2007, 06:08 AM

I checked the list of the people involved in the production and Brannon Braga is not present in it... you can breathe, Dayna

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/fullcredits#cast

I think the worst thing that ever happened to Star Trek was Enterprise... so bad for a show with Scott Bakula in it, but they did too many mistakes and HORRORS to the Trek universe and timeline...

I also hate Kirk´s death in Generations and Data´s death in Nemesis... well.. I can continue counting but I will go off topic inmediately
Old October 21st, 2007, 06:44 AM
On a Yellow Slide

LOL...Nemesis? Never happened.

Dayna, you know if Riker was on board then I would be too.

Old October 21st, 2007, 07:19 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Quote:
LOL...Nemesis? Never happened.

Dayna, you know if Riker was on board then I would be too.
Nemesis: I agree TOTALLY!

RIKER: Hot Damn sign me UP!! He's soooooo yummmyyy!! Me likie my Riker! I actually saw him at the ST Convention in 2006... a bit heavier, a bit less hair.. but a TON of fun!

As a matter of fact, here is a (sadly dark) pic of him...

and... just because I can.... WESLEY'S ALL GROWN UP!

YES, I am THAT short! ::nudges Nel:: you need to get your visa for the Vegas Convention next year! If you go I'll go!!!
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:07 AM
The Dimension Jumper

I think to this day that is why Nemesis is worse than ST Movie 5 (which only barely edged out ST Movie 1 for worst ST movie...who the hell let Shatner loose with the writing tool and the director's scissors?) on my list. I've seen it once and that was enough...why? THEY KILLED OFF DATA!!! One of my two favorite characters.

I realize Brent, bless his heart, was getting older, but this is set in a day and age when Data could reprogram himself slightly for an older version and then get a new look...they didn't have to kill him and replace him with "Beta" *laughs @$$ off*. There were other solutions...and they could have done a ST3 to ST4 storyline and brought him back like they did Spock. Sheesh.

And having only seen one eppie of Enterprise (third or fourth show of first season...I was housesitting), I wasn't all that impressed. The dog was cute though...but Sidi's cuter.