Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old October 14th, 2007, 03:59 PM
BlackVelvetEyes

YAY! A new STAR TREK movie. Finally!!

In the nineties I was totally crazy about "TNG"... especially about Wil Wheaton - Wesley Crusher. Many TNG Fans hated him for being such a know-it-all, but I didn't care. He was my first love. I hope there comes a "TNG" - Remake, too. Neldorwen, those are just great manips! Shows me how much I would like to see Orlando in a TNG Uniform.. Wouldn`t he make a fine first officer?
Old October 14th, 2007, 05:54 PM
at world´s end and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istariel View Post
Must...not...hyperventilate...must...not...oh, the hell with it...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Neldorwen, these are WONDERFUL!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou...

And I especially love this one...you had to have used a Riker base. But Orlando in a Next Gen Command uniform...god he looks good in red...breathe, baby...

If you have more, bring it on, I'm a (very) willing victim...too bad you don't have a manip of Scotty's dress uniform with the kilt...ack, mental image of extreme effect on female anatomy, I'm gone...squeeee...
lol! glad you like them...

I actually used a Picard base for the red TNG uniform Orlando

look, I forgot to post one:

I think I should try new ones with the old uniforms ... oh yeah.. resistance is futile

now, some words from the new Scotty:

Quote:
from People.co.uk (link from Trekmovie.com)

14 October 2007
Pegg over the moon at Trek job

Comedy idol Simon Pegg was overjoyed to land the role of chief engineer Scotty in the next Star Trek movie, his dad revealed last night.

Hot Fuzz star Simon, 37, starts work on the film later this year.

And his father John said: "He will be really pleased - he has always been fascinated by science fiction."

Simon rocketed to fame in the Channel 4 sitcom Spaced before turning to movies.

The new Star Trek film is a prequel to the other ten in the series.

It opens with the crew of the Enterprise meeting up at space school before their first ever voyage to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Simon, from Brock-worth, Gloucs, will even get to work with Mr Spock legend Leonard Nimoy, 76, who has a cameo in the movie.

Last edited by Neldorwen; October 14th, 2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Passionate about the Elf

"space school" Is that what they're calling Starfleet Academy these days?
Thanks Nel!

Mirk
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:18 AM
The Dimension Jumper

Remember, these are people who probably haven't really paid attention to the details of the Star Trek universe until now...

My biggest laugh was a few years back when some fool who'd never even seen Classic Trek had mixed up what crew was on the Enterprise-D! TNG had just come out and this guy couldn't get it straight and called Picard "the womanizing Kirk" and Data the Vulcan!
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:33 PM

more news regarding Chris Pine as Kirk here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34452

Still no Dr McCoy casting news ...
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
more news regarding Chris Pine as Kirk here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34452

Still no Dr McCoy casting news ...
Well, if he is indeed taking the role as Kirk, he's got big shoes to fill, no doubt. I was a huge fan of the original Star Trek and then TNG so I expect the captain to be larger than life.

So there's still hope Karl will fill McCoy's shoes, eh? As much as that makes me hot like no one's business, I just don't see it. Bones was more diminutive and Karl is....not. As a matter of fact, Orlando would fit the role of Bones nicely. He just needs an American accent.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein View Post
Well, if he is indeed taking the role as Kirk, he's got big shoes to fill, no doubt. I was a huge fan of the original Star Trek and then TNG so I expect the captain to be larger than life.

So there's still hope Karl will fill McCoy's shoes, eh? As much as that makes me hot like no one's business, I just don't see it. Bones was more diminutive and Karl is....not. As a matter of fact, Orlando would fit the role of Bones nicely. He just needs an American accent.
I think the same... Deforest Kelley was, literally, A STICK and Karl might loose a lot of weight to play him. Although McCoy was the older of the three (well, Spock looked young, but he was the older, in vulcan years , you know what I mean), that wouldn´t be so bad considering how young Chris and Zackary are...

I still want Orlando as Nero´s evil younger brother
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:13 AM

forget what I said !!!

Aintitcool just posted it...

He's Cast, Jim!! McCoy, Leonard H (Son Of David) Will Be Played By...KARL URBAN

holy ****
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:23 AM
On a Yellow Slide

*explodes in a fiery burst of light*

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Imagination Rules!

WHAT THE? IS THIS A JOKE? REALLY TRULY ROOLY?

OH GOD - WE'RE ABOUT TO LOSE LLYN & AVS ALL AT ONCE. HOW WILL WE COPE?

QUICK, SOMEONE CALL A DOCTOR...OH, sorry... pun intended.

This is FANTASTIC news!

Thanks
Luna
xx

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Not quite. Maybe Dr McCoy, though he may not have yet graduated, can attend to Llyn, Dr Greenleaf for me!

Surely there's a role for Orlando?
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

IM SO EXCITED!!!! A Star Trek movie after so many years.........After being a big fan of star trek since i was young this is great news......With Karl Urban,Eric Bana and Russell Crowe( not totally sure about Russell)
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Russell Crowe EF? What role is he playing?
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Imagination Rules!

Russell Crowe - you're kidding???

Av's - Dr Greenleaf it is! He was wonderful last time he visited here, so can highly recommend him.

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Russel Crowe was the first name rumoured to play the villain, but now that Eric was selected for the role, he´s no longer attached to the proyect
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Crumpet Toasting Director

Karl, Eric and Simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in heaven!
Old October 17th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Legolas, meleth uired-nin

Location: In a secure, undisclosed location with a certain Mirkwood Prince
HOLY FRICK!!! Eric and Karl in a Trek movie. Now if only Orlando would join it would truly be Heaven .
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:53 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Heh Luna, obviously

Thanks for clearing that up Nel, I'd was sure I would have seen his name at the Star Trek site if he'd been cast.
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
Aintitcool just posted it...

He's Cast, Jim!! McCoy, Leonard H (Son Of David) Will Be Played By...KARL URBAN

holy ****
Wot?!!!!

*screams like raving lunatic*

Eric AND Karl? In the same movie?!!! I feel a strange tingling in my loins.

*breathe, Serein, breathe*

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:51 AM

I think we are all going to die!

more news and details on the film:

Quote:
TrekMovie.com Update On Latest Shatner, Enterprise and Casting Rumors October 17, 2007
by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Star Trek (2008 film) , trackback

There are a few new Star Trek movie rumors floating around the interweb this week. The first one is in regards to William Shatner. In the talkback section for their article on Chris Pine as Kirk, AICN editor ‘Hercules’ made the comment “All publicity about Shatner not playing Old Kirk in the movie is lie.” Some have taken this to be confirmation that Shatner will indeed be in the film, however I am sure AICN would agree that if they were reporting that they would have made a special article about it. According to TrekMovie.com sources there is no final decision on Shatner either way. So Hercules is correct that it is a ‘lie’ to say Shatner definitely will not be in the film, but it would also be a lie to say that he definitely will be in the film.

The USS Enterprise different?
Another rumor going around comes from an IESB report last week citing sources saying the USS Enterprise “has been redesigned” and that the ship will be “different.” Some are taking that to mean that the ship wont look anything like the Original Series ship. According to multiple TrekMovie.com sources, the Enterprise has been redesigned but it still recognizable as the USS Enterprise…complete with saucer, hull and two nacelles. This was hinted at in the July article where TrekMovie.com first broke the news the Enterprise would be in the film. From that article:

The current ‘Star Trek Remastered’ project approaches creating a digital version of the Enterprise with the brief to make it match as closely as possible to the original. However, that project is literally replacing shots from within the original show whereas the film is a stand-alone piece. Therefore, Trekkies should probably expect some level of changes with regards to the new Enterprise.

In our recent interview with Bob Orci, the co-writer/executive producer said that the Enterprise was “awesome” and designs in the film in general were “much more faithful than you might imagine.” Of course notions like ‘different,’ ‘recognizable,’ ‘faithful’ and ‘redesigned’ are very subjective, so each Trekkie will have to make up their own mind when they see it. It is worth noting that in our last poll on this subject, only 19% stated they wanted to see the Enterprise with ‘no changes,’ so it seems Trekkies are ready for some mods to the old girl.

The design team
One last bit of news on the Enterprise. According to sources the concept design work for the Star Trek (2008) Enteprise was primarily done by illustrator Ryan Church. Church has done concept designs for the recent Star Wars prequels, the Transformers movie, War of the Worlds and is also working on James Cameron’s upcoming sci-fi megamovie Avatar. Click here for more on Ryan. Like most of the art department this is Church’s first time working on Trek. However, there is at least one familiar Trek face on team. TrekMovie.com has learned veteran Trek illustrator John Eaves is working on the new Star Trek. Eaves was a production illustrator on DS9, Enterprise and all the TNG films. More on John at Memory Alpha.

Urban and Pine almost done
Some sites are stating that the deals for Chris Pine (for Kirk) and Karl Urban (for McCoy) are done. What is confirmed by TrekMovie.com is that both actors are in negotiations, but neither has a signed deal as of today. It is likely they will both be boarding the Enterprise, but they don’t have their final orders yet.
UPDATE: A few hours after this report was put up TrekMovie.com was been told that Chris Pine’s deal has now ‘closed’ and he is ready to go as the new James T. Kirk. Welcome aboard Chris!
Old October 18th, 2007, 04:31 AM

KARL officially confirmed at STARTREK.COM

Quote:
And Karl Urban as McCoy!

New Zealander Karl Urban is set to play Dr. Leonard McCoy, STARTREK.COM can now confirm. Once again, this ends the recent speculation as to whether the Kiwi actor would sign on for the role.

Urban (not to be confused with the other famous New Zealander named Urban, country singer and guitar player Keith) has been in some high-profile films of late, including "The Bourne Supremacy," "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King," and "The Chronicles of Riddick." Urban's acting career began to take off back in his native New Zealand when he guest starred in several episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, both filmed in Auckland.

For the role of McCoy in J.J. Abrams' new "Star Trek" film, not much is known where we are in the story with the character of "Bones." Or if he even has that nickname yet!

With the announcement of Karl Urban as McCoy, this completes principal casting for the main bridge crew. Christopher Pike is one of the big parts remaining to be cast.
Old October 18th, 2007, 05:36 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

*hyperventilates some moe*

I'm still reeling from the whole idea of Eric and Karl in the same movie.

Someone correct me if my recollection is faulty. Christopher Pike was the first captain of the Enterprise and was featured in the pilot episode of the orginal Star Trek, right? I recall watching it but it's been a long time. So they intend to have him in the new Star Trek? So, all hope is not lost for Orlando, right?

Old October 18th, 2007, 05:45 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Mists View Post
Maybe Dr McCoy, though he may not have yet graduated, can attend to Llyn,
Are you trying to finish me off? It won't take much, I swear! I don't think my feet have touched the ground all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein View Post
Christopher Pike was the first captain of the Enterprise and was featured in the pilot episode of the orginal Star Trek, right? I recall watching it but it's been a long time. So they intend to have him in the new Star Trek? So, all hope is not lost for Orlando, right?
Now that's using your noodle. Sweet Eru, all three together in one movie would just be nirvana.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:38 AM
The Dimension Jumper

*calmly drops dumptruck-load of crushed ice on Serein*

There we go...that should help for at least a couple of minutes...

I never really liked Pike in the show...but if they could cast Orlando in the role it'd definitely begin to grow on me! Of course, we'd have to break out the industrial-strength ear-plugs for safety if they did...
Old October 18th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Captain Pike! yeah!!! why not Orlando as CAPTAIN OF THE USS ENTERPRISE!!!!

that´s a good idea , Serein... OMG, I MUST stop speculating with this, is not healthy for my poor trek-soul

Quote:
Captain Pike´s Bio:

Christopher Pike was a 23rd century Starfleet officer. He was captain of the starship USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) for many years, as the immediate predecessor to later Captain James T. Kirk, and succeeding Captain Robert April. Captain Pike was a native of Mojave on Earth.

*_____*

Last edited by Neldorwen; October 18th, 2007 at 04:19 PM.