Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old January 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
OrlyB&BenBfangrl

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Hey I don't know if there is a thread about this already out there.. if there is just ignore this!! But is anyone really excited about this upcoming blockbuster? I just thought I'd start a thread about it!!LOL!
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:41 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

I am. I have been a fan of these games since it first came out, been waiting oh I dont know... 5 years for this?
The trailer looks absolutely amazing and Im hoping the keep the sarcasticness of the prince. cuz that is just awesome.

3 months... I hate waiting. if a trailer is done.. come on, release it!!
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Dazed and Confused *narf*

Ooh, I'm quite looking forward to that movie - I adore Gemma Arterton. And a muscled up Jake Gyllenhaal isn't that bad either.
Wasn't it set to be released 2009? Not sure why they pushed it back, but it should be done since ages. Test screenings were pretty good too.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

I think they were working more on the "sands" though im not quite sure... it had something to do with postwork. but, thats okay, if it makes it better.
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:44 AM
misssweetsweet

I saw the movie tonight. 'Twas a good movie, indeed. I was pleasantly surprised at how attractive Jake Gyllenhaal was in this movie, because he usually isn't my cup of tea. (I blame the hair. I'm a sucker for long hair on a guy.) His accent wasn't half bad, either. I have my gripes with the film (being a history major and all ), but I can suspend my belief due to it being based on a video game and a Disney movie. Overall, I was satisfied with movie. I'd watch it again. What did you guys think of it?
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Imagination Rules!

Am very much looking forward to seeing this (despite the whole inferior Balian thing) - my Almost Daughter saw it yesterday and gave it a excellent stamp of approval...so excited now!

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Aint no other man but you

It's got to be better than Robin Hood. That's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back...

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Imagination Rules!

Aw Jen, I LOVED Robin Hood - I mean, I wasn't expecting the classic story but I liked Ridley's take on it, but then, give me a good action/crusade story and I'm a happy girl! Sorry you were disappointed with it.

Old May 30th, 2010, 02:04 PM
GREENLEAFS LADY GALIEN

I saw the movie Friday night..... I was pleased, but I would have been happier if they had followed the actual story in the game... that was a good story, this one kind of blew it for me.

I had Balian Flashbacks myself a few times... but thats another story.

I liked the way the story went full circle, pulling that from the game was good. But I dont want to give to much away, since this isnt marked spoilers.

As I said before, I waited forever for this movie, I wasnt totally disappointed, but I think it could of been better. I really thought how they incorporated the way he moved in the game into the story, that was very cool.

Jake pulled off the prince, i was a bit worried about it, but he looked good. and the accent wasnt bad either. That never bothers me, because in the game, he actually didnt have one. LOL.

Overall, I did like it, and I would see it again, and will buy it on dvd because it is a good movie, just not what I wanted deep down.
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Aint no other man but you

Sorry for chatting about another movie here but I think I would have liked Robin Hood a whole lot more if a certain man was playing the lead. I could forgive a lot for him. I think I would feel exactly the same way watching Prince of Persia. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie at the theater that I loved.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:19 PM
OrlyB&BenBfangrl

I'm going to see it this afternoon....will get back to you guys with my approval or disapproval... Jake does look like Balian-ish with his long hair... LOL!!
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I watched it last night, I liked it!
It is very entertaining, the CGI is well done and the actors are all great in their characters. I could not avoid thought thinking too much of Balian throughout the entire film, because the look that Jake had on it was too much like Balian.
I agree that if the storyline would have been more like the one in the game, it would had been even better, but it was fairly entertaining so it is all good with it.
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:48 AM
OrlyB&BenBfangrl

Hey there girlies... yeah I watched it with my Mom last night... it was pretty awesome!! Yummy...Jake G. was very buff!!
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
kissing will turner !

i loved P.O.P !
dastan is great and hot
tamina is beautiful and cool !

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Imagination Rules!

Okay, so I saw it tonight.

Firstly and most importantly I am VERY VERY glad that Orlando turned this role down - best career move he could have made at the time.

It was fun, it was well over the top and impossible - I mean, you know you're in trouble when you find it easier to believe that a magical artifact can turn back time, than the impossible stunts and fight scenes and endless improbable hero moves that he executes perfectly every time and at top speed and yet manages to survive against all odds. The magic was almost real - the stunts...not so much. I really don't think human thighs are capable of such feats of gravity defying actions - fleas maybe, but not humans. And if you're lying in water, then your hair would be wet and bedraggled, not artfully plaited, beautifully styled to look slightly wind-torn and perfectly coiffed, and totally dry mere moments later.

It totally lost credibility when the Persian with the EastEnder accent entered the scene, even after I'd managed to absorb the improbability of a Persian princess with such a posh accent a British aristocrat would want to sign up for eloqution lessons from her.

And Jake is no Balian - he was good, but still....

From the opening scenes it is clearly not going to quite measure up - Ridley going all out and over the top as ever but really letting loose with this because of the level of fantasy/video game background to it. The dialogue too was laboured in points and totally and utterly missed the heart of it.

I enjoyed it for what it was, pure impossible fun, but this has been done before, only far better (LOTR anyone?). It was worth seeing definately...and Jake does a good enough job and there are moments of laughter - but....

Old March 12th, 2011, 09:40 AM
kashish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlyB&BenBfangrl View Post
Hey I don't know if there is a thread about this already out there.. if there is just ignore this!! But is anyone really excited about this upcoming blockbuster? I just thought I'd start a thread about it!!LOL!
I had watch this movie with full zeal and enthusiasm.The story of this movie is wonderful.