Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Threthiel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Enelya

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, I know I read it somewhere recently, but some news source has reported that Johnny would like Keith Richards to appear in the movie--as his DAD! I thought that was hysterical! Can you imagine both Sparrows swaggering around causing havoc. I thought the idea was great.

Enelya
Yeah, I read about that too. Not being his dad part, but about Keith being in it. Not sure if they could get Keith to stand still long enough though!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old May 6th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threthiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Enelya

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, I know I read it somewhere recently, but some news source has reported that Johnny would like Keith Richards to appear in the movie--as his DAD! I thought that was hysterical! Can you imagine both Sparrows swaggering around causing havoc. I thought the idea was great.

Enelya
Yeah, I read about that too. Not being his dad part, but about Keith being in it. Not sure if they could get Keith to stand still long enough though!

Get him to stand still, or stand upright? (oh that was mean!)

Here's a thought, if Disney can bring back Barbossa in the 2nd movie, why not also introduce Will's father Bootstrap in the movie. Technically, he was cursed just like the rest of them when he was thrown overboard by Barbossa, so he really shouldn't have died at the bottom of the ocean. In Disney style he could have somehow escaped/gotten loose before the curse was lifted from the crew. He could have spent the betweentime looking for them just like Jack did. What do you think? Or am I missing something in this theory?

Enelya
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Blue Magic's Avatar
Blue Magic Blue Magic is offline
Sipping single malt
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Drafty but intriguing Scottish Castle
Posts: 786
The Keith idea is just too funny but I rather doubt it.

Now here's a question - if they did bring back Bootstrap - as quite a few fanfic writers have done and i think it;s a great idea - what actor would you choose to play him? Who looks like Orlando 18 - 20 years older?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:52 AM
nellas's Avatar
nellas nellas is offline
hugging Nygel and Logan
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: on an isle in the sea
Posts: 151
Pierce Brosman or Orlando himself, with make up. that'd be amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Magic
The Keith idea is just too funny but I rather doubt it.

Now here's a question - if they did bring back Bootstrap - as quite a few fanfic writers have done and i think it;s a great idea - what actor would you choose to play him? Who looks like Orlando 18 - 20 years older?

LOL, obviously I haven't read the fanfic. Sorry if the idea seems redundant. :) But you threw me a curveball, never thought who would actually play his dad. Can't seem to think of anyone off hand.

But I like Nellas idea: have Orli and Johnny playing the older characters. That would be very cool!

Enelya
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:10 AM
SherinaSue
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I said Jeremy Irons, and Eddie said Alan Rickman. I think he's right- Alan Rickman would be prefect. He even has the nose!

Oooh, WAIT! WHo says Bootstrap has to be thin? Wouldn't John Rhys Davies be a fun choice? I saw him in an Episode of Secret Adventures of JUles Verne, he was playing a very lusty and robust rendition of Alexandre Dumas- he was VERY pirate like!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherinaSue
I said Jeremy Irons, and Eddie said Alan Rickman. I think he's right- Alan Rickman would be prefect. He even has the nose!

Oooh, WAIT! WHo says Bootstrap has to be thin? Wouldn't John Rhys Davies be a fun choice? I saw him in an Episode of Secret Adventures of JUles Verne, he was playing a very lusty and robust rendition of Alexandre Dumas- he was VERY pirate like!


Hmmm...Alan Rickman. I could see that. My girls would like that. They're big fans of his. I like the John Rhys Davies choice too :) . Loved him since the Indiana Jones' movies--he's such a teddybear!

Enelya
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Mariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
That would be good!!!! But I'd like to see 'em getting married!
Oh yeah, I already see it! The beginning of the movie: Will's and Elizabeth's wedding is in progress. Elizabeth is wearing gorgeous snowhite wedding dress, Will, who is standing nearby and holding gently her hand, is quite nervous and excited because of this important ceremony and the upcoming night. A priest is pronouncing the last words, when suddenly appears resurrected Barbossa with his zombie crue and kidnapps Will. Elizabeth arranges her own crue with Jack Sparrow as captain and directs it to rescue her sweetheart. Lol, POTC1 vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
That would be good!!!! But I'd like to see 'em getting married!
Oh yeah, I already see it! The beginning of the movie: Will's and Elizabeth's wedding is in progress. Elizabeth is wearing gorgeous snowhite wedding dress, Will, who is standing nearby and holding gently her hand, is quite nervous and excited because of this important ceremony and the upcoming night. A priest is pronouncing the last words, when suddenly appears resurrected Barbossa with his zombie crue and kidnapps Will. Elizabeth arranges her own crue with Jack Sparrow as captain and directs it to rescue her sweetheart. Lol, POTC1 vice versa.

I like that Mariel. Poor Will! Again misses the "oppurtune moment".
Now, I wonder, how does Elizabeth find Jack. A quick trip to Tortuga maybe? :)

Enelya
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Mariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
That would be good!!!! But I'd like to see 'em getting married!
Oh yeah, I already see it! The beginning of the movie: Will's and Elizabeth's wedding is in progress. Elizabeth is wearing gorgeous snowhite wedding dress, Will, who is standing nearby and holding gently her hand, is quite nervous and excited because of this important ceremony and the upcoming night. A priest is pronouncing the last words, when suddenly appears resurrected Barbossa with his zombie crue and kidnapps Will. Elizabeth arranges her own crue with Jack Sparrow as captain and directs it to rescue her sweetheart. Lol, POTC1 vice versa.

I like that Mariel. Poor Will! Again misses the "oppurtune moment".
Now, I wonder, how does Elizabeth find Jack. A quick trip to Tortuga maybe? :)

Enelya
Oooh, do you imagine beautiful Elizabeth in nasty Tortuga? :omg:
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Oooh, do you imagine beautiful Elizabeth in nasty Tortuga? :omg:[/quote]



I could see her kicking some serious butt if meant saving Will! She's can be a real spit-fire. :) Kinda like that girl!

Enelya
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Mariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I totally agree with you, Enelya!

Lol, poor Tortuga's men!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:40 PM
forever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
so you mean orli will play this film again?
i'm happy ! sooooooooooooooo happy
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever
so you mean orli will play this film again?
i'm happy ! sooooooooooooooo happy
Yup, at least the 2nd . Possibly the 3rd. Rumor has it that the 2nd & 3rd are going to be filmed back to back. Not sure about that though. :)

Enelya
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Mariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelya
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever
so you mean orli will play this film again?
i'm happy ! sooooooooooooooo happy
Yup, at least the 2nd . Possibly the 3rd. Rumor has it that the 2nd & 3rd are going to be filmed back to back. Not sure about that though. :)

Enelya
Yeah, they plan to film the trilogy. Wow, just imagine, 3 POTC! Awww, I'm just so happy about it!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Stacey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I have a good idea for the film!!!! will and Liz are married

ALL of the crew of the Black pearl come back to get revenge but in true Disney style, the good people win!

Yay!!!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Serein's Avatar
Serein Serein is offline
10th Doctor's Companion
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: TARDIS
Posts: 4,993
As posted on OBM:

Quote:
POTC 2 news
posted by Marie & Jas, 05/06/04
OrliAndJay4ever reports: Today I was in the bookstore and while I was at the cashier, the clerk commented on my Will Turner shirt. She asked if I was excited for the sequel and I said no (not a fan of sequels unless its needed) because I'm afraid they'll kill the movie. This where it gets good. She told me her dad is working on the movie and that the plot of it is REALLY unexpected and has a HUGE twist and that NOBODY can guess what it is. Very interesting, hope it's true. Wanted to let everyone know!
Update: Posted by Tearlach on the PiratesOfTheCaribbeanMovie2 mailing list: I can't comment on what this person's father may or may not know, but if my spies at the House of Mouse are to be believed there will indeed be huge twist at the end of the second one which will naturally make you HAVE to come and see the third one. I know what that twist is... But I'm not gonna tell ya!
Interesting.......
__________________

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Stacey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
VERY!!!!!!! Did anyone like my idea????

That's what I think should happen
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Nevaratoiel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Someone said something about 1 Orlando film a year. But don't you know we have at least 2 Orlando films this year? (For me 3, but that's not everywhere that way) Calcium Kid and Troy! And from what I've heard Kingdom of Heaven is going to be released end of this year (or beginning next year in some countries) and I thought that Haven would be out next year (or I am I very wrong now?) and then in 2006 PotC 2!

Oh wow! That boy needs to get a vacation.... 8-[
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Mariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thanks a lot for that message, Serein! Frankly I also usually fall into suspections that the second POTC can be worse, but try to throw away such pessimistic thoughts immediately. I'm really intrigued what kind of twisted plot it will be...
*falling into guessing...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Stacey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
hmmm.... maybe Elizabeth will die and Will will come for me....
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Elements
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I fear for sequels, particularly ones where they say there is a huge twist. I always have, but after having The Matrix 2 and 3 totally ruin my love of an excellent film by being utter tosh I am even more sceptical. I hope that these films lives up to the first and don't follow some cliched storyline or go so completely off the wall (*I summon the Johnny Depp character Ed Wood*) in an attempt to make it different. I know, I'm a cynic, but I don't like the idea that the first could be ruined by the knowledge of what happens in the subsequent ones.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Malene
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Well,Disney went through a huge effort to make PoTC 1 as good as possible on every level. Actors,costumes,music etc,etc.
And they turned out the most brilliant "pure entertainment" movie in many,many years IMO.
It was also a very much needed success for Disney after quite a few failures the years before.
I think they will be very careful about making the sequel(s) as good as they possibly can.

To the question of who should play Wills father,if not Orlando himself.
George Clooney.
He'd be a great swashbuckler! And he's got that effortless charm that I for some reason imagine Bootstrap has.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Stacey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Are you be any chance a movie critic?

HELLO?!?!?!?!?!?! CAHNCE TO SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPPENS NEXt....

and to see Will...that can't be bad? Right?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Enelya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I fear for sequels, particularly ones where they say there is a huge twist. I always have, but after having The Matrix 2 and 3 totally ruin my love of an excellent film by being utter tosh I am even more sceptical. I hope that these films lives up to the first and don't follow some cliched storyline or go so completely off the wall (*I summon the Johnny Depp character Ed Wood*) in an attempt to make it different. I know, I'm a cynic, but I don't like the idea that the first could be ruined by the knowledge of what happens in the subsequent ones.

I guess we just have to hope that Disney takes its time with the script and gets it right!

Enelya
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Orlando Love Shop

Legolas Greenleaf
The views and opinions expressed by members of this board and of members of external links/boards are their own and do not represent those of the board's owners. No copyright infringement intended, all pictures property of original owners. All altered images property of respective owners. Copyrights and trademarks for books, films, articles, magazines and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. This board and its owners are not affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises, New Line Pictures, the Tolkien Estate, Disney Pictures, Warner Bros. or Orlando Bloom.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.