Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old May 5th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Enelya

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, I know I read it somewhere recently, but some news source has reported that Johnny would like Keith Richards to appear in the movie--as his DAD! I thought that was hysterical! Can you imagine both Sparrows swaggering around causing havoc. I thought the idea was great.

Enelya
Yeah, I read about that too. Not being his dad part, but about Keith being in it. Not sure if they could get Keith to stand still long enough though!
Old May 6th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threthiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Enelya

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, I know I read it somewhere recently, but some news source has reported that Johnny would like Keith Richards to appear in the movie--as his DAD! I thought that was hysterical! Can you imagine both Sparrows swaggering around causing havoc. I thought the idea was great.

Enelya
Yeah, I read about that too. Not being his dad part, but about Keith being in it. Not sure if they could get Keith to stand still long enough though!

Get him to stand still, or stand upright? (oh that was mean!)

Here's a thought, if Disney can bring back Barbossa in the 2nd movie, why not also introduce Will's father Bootstrap in the movie. Technically, he was cursed just like the rest of them when he was thrown overboard by Barbossa, so he really shouldn't have died at the bottom of the ocean. In Disney style he could have somehow escaped/gotten loose before the curse was lifted from the crew. He could have spent the betweentime looking for them just like Jack did. What do you think? Or am I missing something in this theory?

Enelya
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Sipping single malt

The Keith idea is just too funny but I rather doubt it.

Now here's a question - if they did bring back Bootstrap - as quite a few fanfic writers have done and i think it;s a great idea - what actor would you choose to play him? Who looks like Orlando 18 - 20 years older?
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:52 AM
hugging Nygel and Logan

Pierce Brosman or Orlando himself, with make up. that'd be amazing.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Magic
The Keith idea is just too funny but I rather doubt it.

Now here's a question - if they did bring back Bootstrap - as quite a few fanfic writers have done and i think it;s a great idea - what actor would you choose to play him? Who looks like Orlando 18 - 20 years older?

LOL, obviously I haven't read the fanfic. Sorry if the idea seems redundant. :) But you threw me a curveball, never thought who would actually play his dad. Can't seem to think of anyone off hand.

But I like Nellas idea: have Orli and Johnny playing the older characters. That would be very cool!

Enelya
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:10 AM
SherinaSue

I said Jeremy Irons, and Eddie said Alan Rickman. I think he's right- Alan Rickman would be prefect. He even has the nose!

Oooh, WAIT! WHo says Bootstrap has to be thin? Wouldn't John Rhys Davies be a fun choice? I saw him in an Episode of Secret Adventures of JUles Verne, he was playing a very lusty and robust rendition of Alexandre Dumas- he was VERY pirate like!
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherinaSue
I said Jeremy Irons, and Eddie said Alan Rickman. I think he's right- Alan Rickman would be prefect. He even has the nose!

Oooh, WAIT! WHo says Bootstrap has to be thin? Wouldn't John Rhys Davies be a fun choice? I saw him in an Episode of Secret Adventures of JUles Verne, he was playing a very lusty and robust rendition of Alexandre Dumas- he was VERY pirate like!

Hmmm...Alan Rickman. I could see that. My girls would like that. They're big fans of his. I like the John Rhys Davies choice too :) . Loved him since the Indiana Jones' movies--he's such a teddybear!

Enelya
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Mariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
That would be good!!!! But I'd like to see 'em getting married!
Oh yeah, I already see it! The beginning of the movie: Will's and Elizabeth's wedding is in progress. Elizabeth is wearing gorgeous snowhite wedding dress, Will, who is standing nearby and holding gently her hand, is quite nervous and excited because of this important ceremony and the upcoming night. A priest is pronouncing the last words, when suddenly appears resurrected Barbossa with his zombie crue and kidnapps Will. Elizabeth arranges her own crue with Jack Sparrow as captain and directs it to rescue her sweetheart. Lol, POTC1 vice versa.
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel
Quote:
Oh yeah, I already see it! The beginning of the movie: Will's and Elizabeth's wedding is in progress. Elizabeth is wearing gorgeous snowhite wedding dress, Will, who is standing nearby and holding gently her hand, is quite nervous and excited because of this important ceremony and the upcoming night. A priest is pronouncing the last words, when suddenly appears resurrected Barbossa with his zombie crue and kidnapps Will. Elizabeth arranges her own crue with Jack Sparrow as captain and directs it to rescue her sweetheart. Lol, POTC1 vice versa.

I like that Mariel. Poor Will! Again misses the "oppurtune moment".
Now, I wonder, how does Elizabeth find Jack. A quick trip to Tortuga maybe? :)

Enelya
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Mariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel
Quote:

I like that Mariel. Poor Will! Again misses the "oppurtune moment".
Now, I wonder, how does Elizabeth find Jack. A quick trip to Tortuga maybe? :)

Enelya
Oooh, do you imagine beautiful Elizabeth in nasty Tortuga? :omg:
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Enelya

Oooh, do you imagine beautiful Elizabeth in nasty Tortuga? :omg:[/quote]

I could see her kicking some serious butt if meant saving Will! She's can be a real spit-fire. :) Kinda like that girl!

Enelya
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Mariel

I totally agree with you, Enelya!

Lol, poor Tortuga's men!
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:40 PM
forever

so you mean orli will play this film again?
i'm happy ! sooooooooooooooo happy
Old May 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever
Yup, at least the 2nd . Possibly the 3rd. Rumor has it that the 2nd & 3rd are going to be filmed back to back. Not sure about that though. :)

Enelya
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Mariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelya
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever
Yup, at least the 2nd . Possibly the 3rd. Rumor has it that the 2nd & 3rd are going to be filmed back to back. Not sure about that though. :)

Enelya
Yeah, they plan to film the trilogy. Wow, just imagine, 3 POTC! Awww, I'm just so happy about it!
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Stacey

I have a good idea for the film!!!! will and Liz are married

ALL of the crew of the Black pearl come back to get revenge but in true Disney style, the good people win!

Yay!!!
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:13 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

As posted on OBM:

Quote:
POTC 2 news
posted by Marie & Jas, 05/06/04
OrliAndJay4ever reports: Today I was in the bookstore and while I was at the cashier, the clerk commented on my Will Turner shirt. She asked if I was excited for the sequel and I said no (not a fan of sequels unless its needed) because I'm afraid they'll kill the movie. This where it gets good. She told me her dad is working on the movie and that the plot of it is REALLY unexpected and has a HUGE twist and that NOBODY can guess what it is. Very interesting, hope it's true. Wanted to let everyone know!
Update: Posted by Tearlach on the PiratesOfTheCaribbeanMovie2 mailing list: I can't comment on what this person's father may or may not know, but if my spies at the House of Mouse are to be believed there will indeed be huge twist at the end of the second one which will naturally make you HAVE to come and see the third one. I know what that twist is... But I'm not gonna tell ya!
Interesting.......

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Stacey

VERY!!!!!!! Did anyone like my idea????

That's what I think should happen
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Nevaratoiel

Someone said something about 1 Orlando film a year. But don't you know we have at least 2 Orlando films this year? (For me 3, but that's not everywhere that way) Calcium Kid and Troy! And from what I've heard Kingdom of Heaven is going to be released end of this year (or beginning next year in some countries) and I thought that Haven would be out next year (or I am I very wrong now?) and then in 2006 PotC 2!

Oh wow! That boy needs to get a vacation.... 8-[
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Mariel

Thanks a lot for that message, Serein! Frankly I also usually fall into suspections that the second POTC can be worse, but try to throw away such pessimistic thoughts immediately. I'm really intrigued what kind of twisted plot it will be...
*falling into guessing...
Old May 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Stacey

hmmm.... maybe Elizabeth will die and Will will come for me....
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Elements

I fear for sequels, particularly ones where they say there is a huge twist. I always have, but after having The Matrix 2 and 3 totally ruin my love of an excellent film by being utter tosh I am even more sceptical. I hope that these films lives up to the first and don't follow some cliched storyline or go so completely off the wall (*I summon the Johnny Depp character Ed Wood*) in an attempt to make it different. I know, I'm a cynic, but I don't like the idea that the first could be ruined by the knowledge of what happens in the subsequent ones.
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Malene

Well,Disney went through a huge effort to make PoTC 1 as good as possible on every level. Actors,costumes,music etc,etc.
And they turned out the most brilliant "pure entertainment" movie in many,many years IMO.
It was also a very much needed success for Disney after quite a few failures the years before.
I think they will be very careful about making the sequel(s) as good as they possibly can.

To the question of who should play Wills father,if not Orlando himself.
George Clooney.
He'd be a great swashbuckler! And he's got that effortless charm that I for some reason imagine Bootstrap has.
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Stacey

Are you be any chance a movie critic?

HELLO?!?!?!?!?!?! CAHNCE TO SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPPENS NEXt....

and to see Will...that can't be bad? Right?
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Enelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I fear for sequels, particularly ones where they say there is a huge twist. I always have, but after having The Matrix 2 and 3 totally ruin my love of an excellent film by being utter tosh I am even more sceptical. I hope that these films lives up to the first and don't follow some cliched storyline or go so completely off the wall (*I summon the Johnny Depp character Ed Wood*) in an attempt to make it different. I know, I'm a cynic, but I don't like the idea that the first could be ruined by the knowledge of what happens in the subsequent ones.

I guess we just have to hope that Disney takes its time with the script and gets it right!

Enelya