Go Back   Orlando Love > The Graphics Gallery > Misc. Creations

Old February 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanDreamin View Post
You are multi talented aren't you?!! The jewelry is beautiful, and I love the dreamcatchers (we have a couple) and the ice sculptures are impressive. Love, love, love the photos of the sunset

Thanks for sharing Wolfie!
Thank you CaribbeanDreamin'! I'm glad you like my work I'll be posting some more photos today. Lotsa sunset work. I love chasing sunsets. It's what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGirl View Post
*points to CD's post above* What she said! Thank you for sharing with us Wolfsong, you're one talented lady! You sell any of this stuff - if not, you definitely should!
Thanks GeminiGirl! I'm honored to be sure. So many people here have been supportive and kind. As to selling my work; yes I do sell my work. Mostly jewelry, and Dreamcatchers. The jewelry and Dreamcatchers I've displayed, is all work I've sold. I'm planning on developing some new skills in Native American beadweaving and quillworking. Both on and off the loom. That's more tedious than what I'm already doing.
Anyway, I'm glad you came by and like my work.

Wolfie
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

UGH! I am so pissed off! I just put over 2 hours into another post and it just vanished, pictures, details, everything. I have to start all over...

Last edited by Wolfsong; February 1st, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

These first 6 pictures were taken up in Lake Isabella- Kernville, Ca., home to one of the most deadliest of rivers in the world- the Kern River. This first photo shows an area of riverbed that has virtually no water. In winter time (that's when I was there) the river and lake are lower than any other time of the year. Come the Spring thaw, it becomes utter madness. There are boulders in this river that are huge! Some near the size of a small car. Hence it's deadly reputation, as it has killed many people throughout the years. A sign posted: "DANGER- Stay out-stay alive."

These next 4 are of Lake Isabella itself

This stone lies along the riverbed. It bears ancients petroglyphs, inscribed by the Tubatulabal people, who have lived there since at least 1oo A.D.

South Dakota Sunset

Cloud bank that looks like a huge wave about to wash over the field. I think this was just as we entered Iowa.

Wounded Knee Memorial, S. Dakota. This is the actual site where at least 150 Lakota Sioux men, women and children were slaughtered by the U.S. Calvary in Dec 1890, who were on the Pine Ridge Reservation. (It used to be called the Battle of Wounded Knee in U.S. History books. It's since been rectified. It wasn't a battle, it was a massacre.) The U.S. Calvary was so eager to kill these people, they leveled the village, using hotchkiss guns, and even killed their own men in the fray as well. All because of the Ghost Dance. The people, having lost everything, found hope in the visions of a Paiute man, visions that told of the return of the buffalo and their ancestors return to life. This dance was to bring this to pass. It was taken as a threat by white settlers. The press got ahold of it, fanning the fires. Soon after the village was razed to the ground. This monument marks the mass grave in which the dead Lakota's bodies were unceremoniously dumped. It is a place of spirits and visions. This photo shows an image in the stone that was not there when I shot this photo of the monument. Can you see him?

S. Dakota cloudbank, that rolled over a hillside. I never saw anything like it.

S. Dakota- Red Earth- Red Road

The Black Hills of S. Dakota (next 2 pics)

The Bad Lands of S. Dakota- This shot was taken standing in the middle of the road. The badlands is nearly deserted. There's almost nothing out there BUT landscape. We didn't see but maybe one or two cars on the road the whole time we were out there.

I share some of the history of these places, I guess because I used to teach Native American history. I think people should know a bit of the history, so that they know what they're looking at. It's more than a picture, its a story.

PS. This is was all the information and photos I lost when my work disappeared.

Last edited by Wolfsong; February 2nd, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

This is a series of sunset shots I photographed here in Louisville, KY. The sun moves quickly along the horizon, so each picture though, some look alike, they are different.

[IMG]http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r597/wolfsong63/Photography/NaturesBeauty343

Last edited by Wolfsong; February 1st, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Here's a few interesting shots

Hope I didn't wear you guys out with all this. These are the last few for awhile. I hope you enjoyed this cascade of photos.

Wolfie

Last edited by Wolfsong; February 1st, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Those landscape pics are AMAZING, the Lake is so beautiful..and those clouds.. fantastic
Thank you for sharing Wolfie! And also for all the info!
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andnolewen View Post
Those landscape pics are AMAZING, the Lake is so beautiful..and those clouds.. fantastic
Thank you for sharing Wolfie! And also for all the info!
Thank you darlin' Some of this work was pretty intense, especially the Sunset series. Chasing sunsets is tough, but fun too. It's being at the right place at the right time. I suppose all photography is though. Anyway, it's been a labor of love getting this stuff up here and I'm glad you've enjoyed my work thus far.

Wolfie
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Wow, your pics are great! The landscape looks so beautiful and I love the sunset and cloud pics. And Lacota is a real beauty!

Thanks for sharing those pics!

Icon and sig by me. Thanks Kat and Lola for the tuts
Old February 2nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenya View Post
Wow, your pics are great! The landscape looks so beautiful and I love the sunset and cloud pics. And Lacota is a real beauty!

Thanks for sharing those pics!
Nenya... you're so sweet...Thank you All you guys have been wonderful, providing me this space to post all my work. Lakota is my baby girl. I've raised her from a pup, and now she is 14 yrs old. Hard to believe so much time has passed since then. She a cross between Wolf and Samoyed. She's small for wolf , but so was her mama, and she was all black. I'm glad you like the pictures I love playing with the sun. Nature's beauty provides the best canvas on which to work. I think sunsets and landscapes are my best work in photography, next to shooting Native American Powwows. I'd love to travel the world doing nothing but photography. As I told Tonny, to me photographers are the most powerful people on earth because they have the ability to literally stop time and capture a moment that will never be seen again. And it really is an art form, because you see the world through their eyes. I believe that is true for all artists, regardless the medium in which they work. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, thank you again... I'm really am happy you like my work.

Wolfie

Last edited by Wolfsong; February 2nd, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks for the info about Lakota. I actually wondered what a mix she is. So her mother was a black wolf. She must have been beautiful, too.

Itīs so true what you said about photography. With each pic you really capture a unique moment.

Icon and sig by me. Thanks Kat and Lola for the tuts
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:06 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Some stuff I've been working on since I've been laid up...I decided to try a new medium in jewelry... namely glass beads. I do however, prefer gemstone beads the most. This first one is made of natural Snowflake Obsidian gemstones.

The next 5 are made of glass

Charm Bracelets

Old June 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Those are very pretty! Great work Wolfie!
I love the purple and blue braceles. Such pretty colors! Thanks for sharing :)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Alive...and kicking

They're beautiful and very well made Wolfie...all of them but the first one is my absolute favorite...

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Thanx guys I made the black necklace and the snowflake bracelet for a friend's girlfriend (He's a tattooist) And for my hard work, I'm gaining 2 tattoos out of it. I'm having one revilalized...and one completely redone- bigger-better! When I get them finished I'll post pics!

Wolfie