Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Poetry Corner

Old June 21st, 2008, 02:25 AM
Imagination Rules!

Courage: Poems from the Heart

A dear friend of mine, Teresa, has been on a journey this last couple of years which has been somewhat confronting and difficult and riddled with sacrifice and bravery and hard decisions.

She and her husband owned a block of land that he would not move forward and build on. After waiting years, she finally moved there alone with her three child, living in a caravan, waiting for him to come too. After two years, he did. They built a shed to live in but that was as far as it went. After a time, and much soul searching, she left him - not over the house, but for other reasons she'd been dealing with for a long time, the house and lack of forward motion, the lack of LIVING on his part, were simply other problems. She didn't want to, she loved him, but there was no future and nothing coming from him, ever, and she knew it was over.

For a long time, she did not have anywhere to live. She found short term rentals here and there, but nothing long term. She is skillless, to a point, and is trying to become employable again. She has had to watch her ex stay on the land that he would not originally move to and not allow her back to help out with having a roof over the kids' heads. She has had to come to terms with losing her three children for a whole week to him, every second week, and watch him form a new relationship with another woman, who, although a lovely person, now has influence over her own children. She has slept in my spare room, on people's couches and in her own car, packed to the brim with her wordly belongings as she struggled to find somewhere permanent to live.

I went as a reference for her recently, and was ecstatic to find out that
she now, finally, has the most lovely little home, quite close to me. Last night we (about 15 of us) held a woman's circle for her - to celebrate her 41st birthday, to honour her journey and to bless her new home.

At no time has she ever bad mouthed her ex or said anything in front of the children to upset them or belittle their father. She has always remained positive and bouncy and happy and, although raw, hopeful.

The circle comprised of lighting a candle as we arrived and bestowing a blessing upon her. We each had a toilet roll to dump all our "****" on which we wrote down everything we wanted to get rid of. (It was the night after a full moon - waning, just.) We sealed them closed with a hair from our heads and then ceremoniously burnt them in the fire. We sang a song about a Woman's Power in rounds and of course ate and drank and chatted like there was no tomorrow. We also painted little pictures for her to make a prayer flag banner, and I did a Tree of Life for her (which turned out really well in the end, I haven't painted with water colours in years! It's amazing how involved you get in creating a piece of art - I'd forgotten the pleasure of that).

Anyway, one of Teresa's things she wrote down on her toilet roll she shared with us, and that was that she wanted to throw away her fear of "sharing" herself with others, and so she very courageously stood up and read out some poems she had written. I knew she wrote poetry, she'd confided in me once, and she only ever shared them with her brother-in-law who also writes secretly and understood her reticence in sharing them.

KiwiGirl has taught me so much about appreciating maximum emotion behind a minimum of words and I was quite blown away with her poems - I asked her if, as part of her growth, whether she would mind me sharing them with you all here - and she did not hesitate, but pulled out the poems and handed them over.

I would LOVE to be able to give her some feedback, so any comments you have, please leave them and I will pass them on to her. You will have no idea how much your words will bolster her at a time when she most needs it and is once more opening up and ready to tackle the world again.

I wanted to give you this background, so that you would understand her words a little better.

Thanks & hugs
Luna
xxx

HURTS END

How strong am I!
I feel so small for all that is so big.

I want to know that hurt will end.
Someone promise me this.

Why so quiet do I become
when letting go pounds my insides?

Promise me something, someone
so I can believe
that the hurt will end.

LIFE TREE

I am the Tree of Life
Emotions are my seasons.

For me to thrive
I will trust that seasons
have their reasons.

My branches blossom
My branches are bare
At times my branches break.

Seasons continue
and I am grateful
for my roots always hold me strong.

---oooOooo---

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old June 21st, 2008, 02:47 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Please tell your friend that we are honoured to share in her journey Luna. I love 'Life Tree' and have copied it for myself. Sending Teresa love and light.

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM
Lost in his curls

Luna... Please tell Teresa thank you for sharing her gift with us. And thank you for introducing her to us. Her spirit shines brightly, even in those few words. Strength and fragility, richness and desolation, pain and hope... and in so few words.

Please tell her that energy is wending its way to her from across the world. Tell her to drink deep of the energy of the Universe and let it fill her with light. But most of all, tell her thank you.

Lanta
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
besotted with buttons

I read these last night Luna and have been thinking about them. Teresa sounds like an amazing woman, her spirit and strength shine through. I really in particular thought the Life Tree was a fantastic thought and image, the emotions being seasons, but her roots holding fast. Beautiful.
I echo the others here- please pass on our best wishes and thanks to your friend.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Dreamer

Luna thank you for asking her to share these. Teresa's words really resonated with me and I sit here with tears streaming though I am uplifted at the same time. I admire her bravery in what she has faced and being able to show that to the world. There is a vast difference in writing about someone else and sharing to writing your own emotions and place and then allowing the world to look.

Please pass on my thanks and love and I hope that we may see more of her work....

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Thanks for posting these Luna, and like the others I'm greatful Teresa allowed you to post them here. She seems to accept things she may not like and show strength to go on. Tree of Life is also my fav.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Imagination Rules!

Just a follow up to this. I printed your comments off and mailed them to Teresa yesterday - she called me today, immediately upon receiving it and could barely get words out, she was a little choked up.

She wanted me to thank you all, sincerely and gratefully and with much appreciation, not only for your kind words, but for taking the time to not only read but comment on her poems and for sending her such lovely thoughts and wishes.

It made her entire year.

I can't tell you what this meant to her, it goes deep and is one of those things that might not seem so big on the outside, but will resonate with her for the longest time.

Thank you all, you're a wonderful bunch of beautiful, caring and generous souls.

cheers
Luna
xx

Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Dreamer

ahhh got chills then Luna...

Old July 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Imagination Rules!

A note from Teresa:

Hi Luna, I hope you don't mind that I sent two more poems to you. These are what they are. Why I chose them I am unsure. What you do with them is up to you, but I seem to find that sharing my feelings, whether old or new, feels expansive to my soul and I want to feel my soul daily. Love to you and gratitude for providing this safe place to share ME! Enjoy or not, it is your experience. Love Champers.

---oooOooo---

I'm going to share them here again, as your comments meant to much to her last time, and I can see the change and confidence growing in her already - words can't express....

cheers, Luna

---oooOooo---

(A child hurt for not feeling loved for who she was)

IF I WAS DIFFERENT

If I was of another name
would your love toward me have been different?

If I spoke and looked not like me
how would you have loved me?

If I wanted less and kept out of your way
would you have said, "I love you"?

If I did all I was told with no complaining
would your arms have surrounded me with a loving cuddle?

I was none of these. I was ME.
Why did this mean I wasn't worthy of your love?

---oooOooo---

(A 40 year old woman trying to understand who she is under her skin)

DISILLUSION

Who are you? I really want to know
Time is running out, and smiles seem more few

Your beauty you must find
beneath the skins depth

You will wake up one morning with
the mirror taking your breath

Who are you? Do you really want to know?
Is it all too late?
Only time will let that show.

---oooOooo---

Old July 8th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Dreamer

Beautiful and such a sense of connection between the two. That searching still for knowing just who and how one is and where they belong.

Thank you and thank Teresa for sharing them with us. Please give her my best XXXX

Old July 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Lost in his curls

I feel like those are echoes of each other. The child never loved becomes the woman still searching. Beautiful, lonely, and heartbreaking. They will stay with me for a while.

Please tell Teresa thank you for sharing these pieces of her soul.

Lanta
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

I just want to take that child in my arms and hug her and tell her that she is more than worthy of being loved... I do hope that as the woman she has become finds herself, she will be able to heal the wounds of the child within.

Thank Teresa for sharing these with us Luna, and that I will keep her in my thoughts.

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Gone bush!

Sorry to have only just got to these poems Luna. They are all beautiful & I think
Life Tree is an awesome poem but Hurts End really struck a chord with me. Please thank her for sharing something so personal, but also let her know that sharing can help others...
All the best to you Teresa

RIP HEATH
*Beautiful icon animation by Kat-thanks*
*Gorgeous siggy by Nel*
*Thanks to Mata for icon*

*Don't Tell The Elf!*
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
besotted with buttons

the first one made me well up Luna, an incredible sense of loneliness. Very emotive writing. I think the second one is one for us all in a way, that time of life when you look at yourself in the mirror and thing 'hmmm..so...'
Thank you Teresa.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Imagination Rules!

Thanks everyone, I'll pass these comments on like last time. It will mean so much to her.
*hugs all round*

cheers
Luna
xx