Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > Oh! Orlando!

Old January 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

1. What do you like most about Orlandolove.net? (and what not?)
Everyone respects one another, first of all. Second, I love that I can come here anytime and catch up on what he's working on, and the pictures! I love seeing the pictures!
2. Which threads do you visit most?
Pictures and Movie threads
3. Is there something you would like to see added to the site?
Not yet. You guys provide so much for all of us, right now I cant think of anything this site might be missing.
4. Have you made friends or met fellow fans because of ‘Orlando Love’?
Yes, I have met a few OL'ers at the Elizabethtown Premiere here in Louisville, and we got to meet him!
5. Would you like to be more an active participant or are would you rather lurk around?
My life is unpredictable and I've been a bit of a lurker for some time now, mainly due to illness. However, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to help if I can.
6. Since when have you been a true admirer of Orlando?
Since the Fellowship of the Ring... after that, there was no turning back...
7. What is your favourite character Orlando has played?
Legolas, Will, Balian, Drew... hard to choose just one.
8. Have you seen all his movies?
There's a few I haven't seen yet, Mainstreet, the Three Muskateers (That's next on the agenda) and The Good Doctor
9. What is your dreamrole for Orlando?
Hard to say really. I do think epics/period pieces are definately what he excels in.
10. What would you love to say to him if you had the chance?
I love what you do and thank you. You made my world a little sweeter when you walked into it.

Last edited by Wolfsong; January 17th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

What a great idea for a thread and to learn more about members!

Sorry, saw this a little late, but here I go:

1. What do you like most about Orlandolove.net?
The friendly atmosphere. The news and the pictures. OL covers everything Orlando, and like Nuit said, that it's the key rock in the fandom.

Pictures, paparazzi, magazines, video downloads, moderator threads - not necessary in this order.

Not really. I'm missing 'The Daily Orlando' update though. But then I think the OL Twitter covers this well.

Met a lot of people virtually via PM and LJ.
I'm also one of the oldies who was at the European meeting in Canterbury 2005 and met some of you face to face. I also met a few members living in my area once, but they're not around anymore.
And last but not least I met one of my best RL friends here, Michaela - and although we live far apart we manage to meet on a regular basis 2-3 times a year.

5. Would you like to be more an active participant or are would you rather lurk around?
I think I'm quite active ... I used to be more, but RL comes around lately.

Since early 2002 when I watched the 'Making Ofs' on the first LOTR DVD.

BALIAN, definitely.

ALL. I'm waiting for 'The Good Doctor'.

Several: A gritty drama (that's why I'm waiting for TGD to come out), SCI-FI along the line of 'The Cross', and definitely a comedy.

I once had a chance when he did the play in London 2007 - all I was able to babble was something like "you were great in this play" before I nearly collapsed , I know, I'm hopeless.
Oh, and I managed to rinse water down his bodyguard's neck and under his suit with my umbrella. Let's say, he was not amused.

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Utterly Obsessed

I like the comradarie and the easy-going nature of everybody on this board.

I’m usually looking at the latest pictures and videos (when available). I also like the Daily Caption Thread. I sometimes check out the other hotties, TV shows and movies threads..

Nope. I think you all have just about all things Orlando covered.

I would call some people here friends. It was also great to meet and become friends with Ginger, when we visited the set of Main Street and met Orlando!

I do both. I do like to participate and when I have a definite thought I usually will post them. Otherwise, I will lurk when looking at pictures, and not post since my mind might be mush and all I could add to the comments would be “Guh!”

The Lord of the Rings, but specifically when the Two Towers came out and I got to learn more about the actor who played “the hot elf”.

I would say a tie between Legolas and Balian.

Yes, and anxiously awaiting The Good Doctor and The Hobbit.

I would like to see Orlando do some comedy. Or at least a role where he can show his comedic skills. I still hope he does the occasional period movie, because he seems to be born to wear period costumes.

Well, I had the chance to say something when I met him, but I was so gobsmacked I could barely talk. If I ever see him again, I hope I’m composed enough to tell him how much I admire him and I wish him much success and happiness.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

It has been a pleasure reading all your answers to these questions.

The best thing to read it that you all feel this place is a friendly place, with no negativity, easygoing, a home some call it, the best source for anything Orlando, and a meeting place for friends and fellow Orlando lovers.
This is the biggest compliment we can get. We will certainly do our best to keep it that way with YOUR help.

Now I've done a bit of counting on which part of Orlando you like best and behold: My Lord Balian was mentioned the most with Will Turner right behind him and Legolas on their tail!

I've picked out a few answers I would like to comment on.
Feel free to do the same!!

Quote:
Telcontar Rulz
I have a dream where he stars in a film about Roman legionnaires finding their way to ancient China and experiences a clash of two of the most prominant civilizations of that era.
I looove that idea. Epic and history. (and a toga) Pefect for Orlando :)

Quote:
Mayfrayn
I made some good friends, and also met one of them, isn't it Tonny? ^_^
Our meeting was an example of how Orlando fans work together and make history :).

Quote:
BalticMonkey
It’s a pitty there’s no graphic challenge anymore….hint
hint.

If we could get some more people to participate, it would be awesome.
Even if you feel you are not as good as some of the magicians around here, please let us know if you feel like creating something. We will MAKE a challenge for you!

Quote:
Nuit
I think it would be a good thing if members, new and old, spoke up about what new things they would like, things that would fill them with renewed zest
What she said; feel free to tell us what you like!
This questionaire was liked and filled in by many of you and we'll do something similar in the future again:)

The prize for the most original opening line to say to Orlando has to go to Nuit. :
Quote:
"Any chance of putting on this waistcoat..."
The look on his face would be priceless.

(Michele, I think you will settle for Joe picspam, right?)

Thanks so much girls for participating!

Last edited by Andnolewen; January 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:30 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I like information. I don't like that some people are treated VERY differently than others.

I rarely visit anymore.

An ignore feature.

No

I used to love to participate, until I was called down every time I posted for imagined slights.

Define "True admirer"? I think that sort of implication is what the problem is. A person shouldn't have to think a celebrity hung the moon and does no wrong in order to be a fan.

Jimmy Connolly

Haven't seen Three Musketeers yet.

A straight up comedy. The man has the chops for it, but he keeps going for dramas.

Do some new photoshoots with Bast. Bast knows you and captures you well.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:33 AM
Aint no other man but you

Great idea! I think I'll use it right now lol!

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
besotted with buttons

hahahahah! Indeed.

Quote:
I was lucky enough to meet him in 2007; I went prepared and had written what I wanted him to know (how he's helped create special friendships across the globe) on a card which I gave to him while we had a chat. Hopefully he read it
I don't think he'd have dared not to...

So he has his work cut out now eh? All these roles lined up. An enticing prospect.
I echo Tonny- it has been really great to read all your responses and so much positivity- both in the fandom and the Board. Thanks for the offers of help too, it is good to know that there are people out there who we can rely on.

heehe Tonny - when would I ever say No to a Joe overload???
X

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction

Last edited by nuit; January 23rd, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

I don't think the word 'friendom' has been mentioned here yet but that's where I feel the strength of the board is. This is a great thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
I don't think he'd have dared not to...
Ya reckon?

And what's a Joe overload? It's a concept that is totally alien to me as there can never be enough Joe!

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Alive...and kicking

Ha ha ha CD...I think I'm gonna push that button now too...
The line of the waistcoat is the best for sure...and I won't be surprised if he would try it,he's put on some bloomers and a horrid wig...he's not shy,our man...
Quote:
BalticMonkey
It’s a pitty there’s no graphic challenge anymore….hint .
Monkey,as direct responsible of that section I have to say that is my pleasure to make and participate in graphics challenges,but sadly the rest of the members don't share your interest,and in the last ones,I found very dificult to gather four or five participants and hardly 20 voters, I thought perhaps people was bored of them and it was time for a break.We did one special for Xmas cards though,some new participants,but still 19 voters,so no monthly challenge for now....at least I have some requests...

Quote:
citygirl

Better graphic... Sorry I'm graphic designer, it's me lol^
If you're talking about our headers(we have 3 diferents right now,check out the greenleaf and bronze styles))we do what we can,vBulletin doesn't allow very drastic changes I'm afraid...but it seems that most of the people is content with them...anyway I'd like to congratulate you for being already a graphic designer being just 20 years old..awsome!! Btw the header we wear in the original blue and cerulean styles was made by Neldorwen,that is a proved talented draftswoman and graphic designer.....anyway we're always open to new talents...let us know your work if you feel like to contribute to the board embellishment

Thank you very much to all of you for let us know your thoughts....we're here to answer any request/question as best as we can....but we're human(and we're not paid for being here )so PLEASE forgive our many flaws...

Much love to you all...and to Orlando,my inspiration...

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Utterly Obsessed

1. What do you like most about Orlandolove.net? (and what not?) The pictures. The high res pictures. The video downloads. Mods for keeping this place sane Oh, and did I mention the pics?

2. Which threads do you visit most? Just Orlando, the pap pics, other pics. Movie news.

3. Is there something you would like to see added to the site? Can't think of anything right off.

4. Have you made friends or met fellow fans because of ‘Orlando Love’? Just through DMs.

5. Would you like to be more an active participant or are would you rather lurk around? I'm a lurker, definitely.

6. Since when have you been a true admirer of Orlando? Of OB himself? I can't remember specifically but somewhere between Legolas's eyeses lighting up at Helm's Deep (December, 2002) and seeing Will when POTC:COTBP came out (July 2003).

7. What is your favourite character Orlando has played? Oh man, you're kidding, right? Ok since I just saw the extended version of KOH last night on AMC, I'll say Lord Balian. NO WAIT! Will. Yeah, I'll go with Will.

8. Have you seen all his movies? Yes.

9. What is your dreamrole for Orlando? I think my dream role is going to be coming about with the release of The Good Doctor. I want to see him play against his 'good guy' image. Even the Duke in TTM, while theoretically speaking one of the villains, was a handsome charmer. And I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that he should do a Tarantino movie; I might sleep outside in line to see OB in a QT movie.

10. What would you love to say to him if you had the chance? When I saw him outside the Duke of York, I got to say 'thank you'. I think that covers it.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by erendira View Post
If you're talking about our headers(we have 3 diferents right now,check out the greenleaf and bronze styles))we do what we can,vBulletin doesn't allow very drastic changes I'm afraid...but it seems that most of the people is content with them...anyway I'd like to congratulate you for being already a graphic designer being just 20 years old..awsome!! Btw the header we wear in the original blue and cerulean styles was made by Neldorwen,that is a proved talented draftswoman and graphic designer.....anyway we're always open to new talents...let us know your work if you feel like to contribute to the board embellishment
Everytime, it like I offend someone.

I'm not saying the header is ugly or something like that. They are doing the job of course, I'm not crying when I see it at the opposite of other boards lol I wouldn't have done the header that way, but I like it. You choose a great font Nel ! Helvetica <3 I didn't want to be mean or rude. You know how much I like your draws. But designer to designer, there is brushes that I can't look at because they are everywhere. Like I said, I'm a freak graphic designer XD
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:59 PM
at world´s end and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl View Post
Everytime, it like I offend someone.

I'm not saying the header is ugly or something like that. They are doing the job of course, I'm not crying when I see it at the opposite of other boards lol I wouldn't have done the header that way, but I like it. You choose a great font Nel ! Helvetica <3 I didn't want to be mean or rude. You know how much I like your draws. But designer to designer, there is brushes that I can't look at because they are everywhere. Like I said, I'm a freak graphic designer XD
hey luv, please, you did not offend anyone! *hug*

It would be great actually if we have some feedback concerning graphics. And you should participate in the banner contest every year... ^^ I´ld love to see your style. You should have a thread in the graphics sections.
BTW, I am very lazy when I have to "design" , I swear! because I am (sadly) used to work under pressure ( I work nine hours at a printing center and is terrible), so maybe you´ll see me using stuff I have at hand like those brushes, and a few simple fonts that work quite well, at least for me .
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:06 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
. Like I said, I'm a freak graphic designer XD
We certainly would love to see your designer work, so why don't you participate in next challenge? I'm sure it tickles your creativity!
Or like Nel said, if you want to share stuff we can open a thread for you in the graphics section. Just let me know! :)

Last edited by Andnolewen; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I'm feeling better now, I was scared that I offend someone lol Yeah, I understand that. After nine hours, you don't feel like looking all over your fonts x)

About challenge, I tried with the christmas cards. But I have to say that I'm not really sure how it work ... lol I'm not really used to english board because french ones are not made in the same way. And sometimes, I have to let photoshop closed, because I should not think design or I should be working on some lol And banner contest ? I think I never heard of it .... lol

I would love to show my stuff, but I'm not good at keeping up to date a thread. Than I think I should only participate to challenges lol Every thing goes so fast and lot of things are rolling on now, I will keep an eye on the thread. I feel a little bad to talk about design, but not showing my things.

But girls, if you don't feel like designing a header, ask me. Working with Orlando's pictures it's always a pleasure. And I will not be mad if you don't use it lol
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
I feel a little bad to talk about design, but not showing my things.

We can fix that Here you go Citygirl's art
And don't feel bad if you do not post often. It's the effort that counts!
Old January 24th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Passionately Enthralled

LOL Thank you. When I will have time, I will post my stuff ^^
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andnolewen View Post
We can fix that Here you go Citygirl's art
And don't feel bad if you do not post often. It's the effort that counts!
Tonny, you guys are the best! I love the way you guys in "management" really look out for the feelings of others in the forum and how you support us and our ideas. Thank you all for that!~
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM
In Love

It's become a bit of a one-stop shop, with a very nice atmosphere. And the members share other things too. Not just an OBsession.

Few really these days. Used to read the fan fiction, like the Daily News, used to be more interested in the pap pics thread but there are so many of them and in the end what more is there to say about someone wandering down the street with a cup of coffee? And the whole celebrity candid thing increasingly depresses me tbh

No, but I miss the "old days" of feverish posting on a daily basis by loads of people. Across the fandom, not just here. That was fun!!

Indirectly yes. Met some great people I've had fun with and one very special friend.

I would probably like to be more active, but I don't even have much time to lurk anymore. When I first entered the fandom I worked fewer hours, but now that's changed and I have to carve up my spare time more 'sparingly'

It was early in 2004. I'd seen LOTR and quite admired the Elf but it was NK that did it it really

Uh - Joe.

Until last year I'd seen them all, from Wilde onward. Now I have a few recent ones missing - but I just ordered an import of Main Street. Next I will catch up with The Good Doctor I hope. Oh, and I missed Musketeers. *my bad*

One I write, and that he insists on playing

Pointless speculating. Anything much more than "hello there" would probably defeat me entirely.... (but if I could, I'd thank him for the work he's done that's brought such pleasure to me )
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Hey FLC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourleaf Clover View Post
[B]

Until last year I'd seen them all, from Wilde onward. Now I have a few recent ones missing - but I just ordered an import of Main Street. Next I will catch up with The Good Doctor I hope. Oh, and I missed Musketeers. *my bad* )
Have a look at the Musketeers screencaps thread. You'll see all of his moments. The best part of the movie anyway
Except you really need to hear his voice too...
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:37 PM
In Love

Now there's a smart idea! I'll do that. And for now at least, imagine the voice... Thanks Andnolewen!
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM
Smitten

What I love most in this short time of being here, is that the second I joined I already felt sort of accepted. I like how it's a friendly place with zero negativity

My daily dosis of Orlando news and pics + the fan art threads, where there are such amazing things being made!

I'm still finding my way around here, if I have anything to add, I'll let ya know :)

Not yet, sure hope to do so!

Oh I love lurking around, I wouldn't being a more active participant either

Everyone seems to know it exactly..but I don't. I guess it was around the time of LotR and Pirates. It was a slowly growing love ^^

Argh this is hard! They are all so different, but I'm gonna go for Balian....Legolas... Don't make me choose!

..I'm afraid I've missed..some..

The evil, maybe sadistic, bad guy in a thriller. But still with his charm and that sense of humour bad guys always have

There would be a non-stop staring scene It goes along with me mumbling that I love him..
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

I haven't been around much here lately, but it is an friendly, nice place where we share the same admiration for Orlando. Not always in the same way but it is our purpose here to admire. When needed people are kindly asked to stick to the rules.

AND.....what is here not to like????!

At the moment......pics, pap pics, new posts, fanart and man at the bar

It's perfect the way it is......I don't miss anything!

I did but lately I don't have the time unfortunately

At the moment I would have to settle for lurker

Fellowship of the Ring here on OL since august 2004

WILL TURNER!!!! But it is only a little bit more than Balian

OH YEAH!!!!

Comedy

That he is a wonderfull, down to earth person and I hope he stays that way!
Enjoy the family he's created, be there for them and don't get absorbed by work.
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Thank you girls for joining in the questionaire :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brando Junior:
What I love most in this short time of being here, is that the second I joined I already felt sort of accepted.

That's sweet of you to say!

Martje good to see you around!
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM
besotted with buttons

Welcome Brando junior- good to see new people joining OL :) And Martje- long time no see X And yes me and you were about as tongue tied and wide eyed as each other when we went to that play!

FLC- :) I am up for you writing and him playing it out too. Yes please Orlando...
and

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction