View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
vmob84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene
It's interesting what you say about Elizabeth vmob,because I think I read somewhere that one of the writers said that the audience's reaction to Elizabeth in this movie is very crucial.Will they accept how she changes or not?
I can see what they were trying to do, some of her actions are very pirate like, more so than Johnny. Especially at the end but they just couldn't pull it off. If they wanted to make her pirate like and a strong woman they shouldn't have made her so whiney in between. Elizabeth was all over the place, one minute she was acting cool and then the next she was a damsel distress, the next she was a whiny little girl. Her character was just badly written, and it seemed like Keira just went along with it so its a very scattered performance.

I know I'm not the only one here who's criticized Orlando's peformance, and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh in my opinion of Orlando's performance, but I wasn't trying to be. I'm entitled to my own opinion even if it doesn't meet up with yours, because I was cringing at ever other line that came out of his mouth. I think he would have made a great silent actor, but too bad they don't make those kinds of movies anymore. I don't mean to be harsh, I went in there really hoping he had improved but I'm sorry I was dissappointed.

Last edited by vmob84; July 7th, 2006 at 07:23 PM.