Orlando Love

Orlando Love (http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/index.php)
-   The real Ned Kelly related links and stuff (http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Useful Kelly-related links (http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/showthread.php?t=8508)

GeminiGirl August 30th, 2006 09:56 AM

Useful Kelly-related links

It seems it would be a good idea to have a separate thread where we can post any links that we come across during our travels around the Kelly legend. Will be handy having them all in one place, so feel free to post any that you might know of: places where to find pictures, books, documents, information of any sort.

Ironoutlaw - The Ned Kelly site

Iron icon - All sorts of links...

Beechworth - the town and its Kelly connections

Public Records Office of Victoria - Kelly-related documents

The Ned Kelly Touring Route - for those travel plans... :D

Ned Kelly songs - in preparation for that night at the pub...

Ned Kelly's world - some interesting bits

State Library of Victoria - The Jerilderie Letter

~Gem~

KiwiGirl August 30th, 2006 10:53 AM

Thanks Gem...I am going to have to start working my way through these. I have seem some of them but would not even be half.

nuit August 30th, 2006 10:35 PM

thanks honey- I am sure I have another few in amoungst the mess that is 'my favourites' file, also there are pages at OBF etc about Ned Kelly
big hugs for that X

Avalon Mists August 31st, 2006 02:14 PM

Oooh thank you Gem, I look forward to getting through those, especially the ones I haven't been to before :hug:

CandissD August 31st, 2006 03:46 PM

Thanks! Will check all of them out :hug:

nuit August 31st, 2006 06:31 PM

Gem- the beechworth one isn't working for me.

Ok another couple
Delaney's Corner - a site that covers the history of the early colonials.
convicts creations places the kelly story in a wider context
let the Kelly Gang go Free huge rambling site that you can get lost in- places, people, documents all in a huge web. love it
my movies- trailers gorgeous trailers..and behind the scenes deliciousness.
Official NK film site - transcript and trailers
Bail Up Another site that gives huge amounts of details- and a time line.
The Eureka Rebellion The history of the colonials was one of rebellion, this was a major one, A flag commemorating this movement flies on Joe Byrnes' grave
Screen Caps- from the wonderful OB Files

i am sure there are more stored safely someplace..

Llyneth August 31st, 2006 09:28 PM

another couple? :lol: I love ya, nuit. :heart:

Very nice idea for a thread, Gem!

nuit August 31st, 2006 10:13 PM

heeheh well you know how I get carried away
*big sloppy smooch* whether you want one or not.

GeminiGirl September 1st, 2006 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuit
Gem- the beechworth one isn't working for me.

Fixed it - looks like they changed the whole site since I posted the original link.

Well, plenty here now to keep a girl busy for quite a while... :D

ETA: Loved the 'convict creations' website Nuit - there's a great write-up on social etiquette in Australia in the 'culture' section. Make sure you read that before coming over here!

~Gem~

nuit September 1st, 2006 08:02 AM

Thanks Gem!
When I am back online properly I will have a trawl through the threads- I am sure there were a load more about the area- some posted by Avs

GeminiGirl September 1st, 2006 10:42 AM

Well here's one more that Avalon posted a while back in the Kelly Country thread:

Avenel - where the Kelly family lived for a few years and where Ned's father is buried.

~Gem~

Avalon Mists September 1st, 2006 08:57 PM

Thanks for those 'couple' of links nuit. Anyone got an idea of how I can get another 'couple' of hours into a day? :roll:
Gosh, darn, I thought Avenel was most noted because I used to live there?! :spit:
I will have to check out all those links at some stage ladies. I can think of at least one other Avenel link I posted, and it came up again a while back, but it may be part of one of those other links.

nuit September 1st, 2006 10:02 PM

hheeh ok..
well in the my movies- trailers trailers thread for those with a keen eye, and probably too many viewings under their belt , there are a couple of seconds of scenes that must have hit the editting room floor.
In the last clip, the 'inside info' you have a young orlando, curls all over the place, doing his irish accent

of course that IS the reason Avenel is best noted Avs X

GeminiGirl September 2nd, 2006 02:28 AM

Yes, I watched that a few times Nuit... Maybe we should start petitioning Greg Jordan for a director's cut of Ned Kelly? :D

Sorry for leaving out your Avenel connection Avs. :hug: Actually I thought everyone knows that already without saying... :D

~Gem~

GeminiGirl September 2nd, 2006 12:38 PM

Sorry for double posting, didn't want this to go unnoticed - I found a bookshop that has secondhand copies of some of the harder to find Kelly books: Abebooks.com.

~Gem~

KiwiGirl September 2nd, 2006 12:50 PM

This is a great site Gem - have been snooping around and the list of books seems to never end. I notice that they have a book about Ellen Kelly.

GeminiGirl September 2nd, 2006 12:53 PM

I know Ki - is slightly dangerous if you have a credit card... :D

I came across another one that sounds interesting, 'Ned Kelly - A Pictorial History' by George Boxall. Might have to start a wish list!

~Gem~

KiwiGirl September 2nd, 2006 12:55 PM

Well it would be good to mark them as there are an awful lot of pages there

Avalon Mists September 2nd, 2006 01:34 PM

:lol:

No credit card here, so not so dangerous for me to look at that site Gem :P

KiwiGirl September 2nd, 2006 01:38 PM

Well I am sure that they take Paypal Avalon :crafty:

GeminiGirl September 2nd, 2006 01:57 PM

Avalon, I noticed that there are quite a few bookshops among the sellers, so it's handy for that reason too - you can check if there are some in your area where you can go and buy with real money... :D My book is coming from a shop in Sydney so shouldn't hopefully take too long.

~Gem~

Avalon Mists September 2nd, 2006 02:55 PM

I was going to check for what the payment options were, but got side tracked with other things. I hadn't realised that Gem, will have to check it out more thoroughly when I don't have other distractions

nuit September 3rd, 2006 11:02 PM

wow what a shop! can get lost in there quite easily.
You know what we have a great forum here when you look back through it- history..drooling..opinions..more drooling..pictures..LOTS of drooling..literary criticism..undiscovered books..tears and understanding-is all here- and I wanted to say thank you to all those you have given their tupennyworth. Is a really good place. X

bluerowan September 4th, 2006 08:58 AM

Oooh lots of links - thanks Gem & nuit.

Yes, this forum is a excellent place for drooling and general knowledge. It is invaluable for those of us that are nowhere near Australia! Merci beaucoup!

Avalon Mists September 4th, 2006 11:30 AM

This place is invaluble even for those of us who do live in Aus! Thanks one and all :grouphug: