Orlando Love

Orlando Love (http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/index.php)
-   Dead Man's Chest (http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   DMC. What are your favourite scenes? (http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/showthread.php?t=8354)

Malene August 4th, 2006 05:27 PM

POTC-DMC. What are your favourite scenes?

I cannot believe no one has started a thread like this about this movie yet!! :shock:
Shame on us!!!! :doghouse:

Well,the lashing scene almost was the death of me!! :thud: :thud: :thud:
The anguish of it all..and the glistening bare back of Will in the rain... :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

I swear if I wasn't sitting with my 11 yr old nephew and my 12 yr old niece during the movie, I would have screamed. :roll: :lol: (The things I do for my family.... :P :lol: )

Anyone else?

nazgul88 August 4th, 2006 05:57 PM

Yep, shame on us! :P

The lashing scene is also my favourite! :pant:

Next would be the look in Will's eyes, when he sees Elizabeth kissing Jack ... those expressive dark eyes :thud: will be the death of me sooner or later! :ghost:

~ Naz ~

arwen_undomiel August 4th, 2006 06:00 PM

I loved lots of scenes but my fave one was the bone cages it was so funny with that carqueish music, lol.

Lysistrata August 4th, 2006 07:29 PM

Wow...there are so many that I dont know where to start. The lashing is of course right up there. I see nekked back. The scene between Will and Lizzy when he goes to see her in jail. From Will's arrival on Isla Crsez to when everyone is back on the Black Pearl. The look in Will's eyes when he sees Liz and Jack kissing. Oh god that look is killer.

Eowadia August 4th, 2006 07:39 PM

1. lashing scene, that sun kissed back like golden honey =P~
2. the catching liz scene, if looks could kill.... :thud:
3. jack pausing the cannibal and and the zooming out of him as fruit on a stick! :rofl5:

Polyte August 4th, 2006 11:31 PM

Well well well... My favorite part ? I'd say... If I had to choose only one ? I really love the Wheel scene. but I love the last scene with Jack and Liz. Really excellent. Or the Liz's "ENOUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!" "Oh, the heat !"

Well I don't know which one to choose.

I'd rather my really favorite is the Wheel of Fortune. Than the Jack/Will kiss and finally the shore and the triple battle.

CandissD August 4th, 2006 11:54 PM

The lashing scene :pant:
Also love the bone cages scene and the 1st Tia Dalma scene and when he sees Liz kissing Capt. Jack

Polyte August 4th, 2006 11:57 PM

The bones cages was eeeeexcellent, yeah !!! The lashing scene ? Tell me you're ashamed.

Malene August 5th, 2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polyte
The bones cages was eeeeexcellent, yeah !!! The lashing scene ? Tell me you're ashamed.

What do you mean ashamed? Not very likely. :D :wink2:

Polyte August 5th, 2006 11:36 AM

Hum... Hold on... *DICTIONNARY !!! * Yeah, that's right ! Ashamed ! Well, yeah, that's onoe of my favorite image too buuuuuuut... Roooooo !!!

gilraen August 5th, 2006 07:39 PM

I finally saw it!!! (Because in Czech republic was the premiere two days ago.) And my favourite scene was after the wheel scene, when Will crawls up from the wheel and looks very green and sick and falls to the water. And also the scene with the dogie, when he is barking to the cannibals and they start to chase him.
The whipping scene was also good, it seems as we are all bunch of sadists here.

Polyte August 5th, 2006 07:56 PM

Sadists or knowing the good things ! Look how his back... is wonderful ! And when I say "Wheel of Fortune" scene, I talk from the moment they're in the church until they escape in the boat...

livdh August 7th, 2006 08:07 AM

I should say the whole movie ! :D But if I have to choose, I should say the scene with the bone cage , the scenes with Jack and the savage and the one with the big wheel . I found them very hilarious :rotfl2:

amnariel August 7th, 2006 08:32 AM

After seeing it for the second time I still can't pick my favourite scene :D :D

Let me try....

1. When Will and Elizabeth say "Captain" in one voice while Beckett is explaining accusations against them.

2. Cannibal kid with fork and knife - add a red dotted napkin around his neck and you get - Wile E. Coyote from the Road Runer :rofl5:

3. Three way swording most definitelly

4. First visit to Tia Dalma

5. All Ragetti/Pintel conversations

6. and so on :D

By the way, can someone tell me WHICH scene is LASHING scene :D I've tryed to figure it out but translation of that word is not making much sense...

Avalon Mists August 7th, 2006 10:32 AM

lashing = whipping = bare-backed Will in pain

=P~

amnariel August 7th, 2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon Mists
lashing = whipping = bare-backed Will in pain

=P~

:bow: Thanx Avalon! My silly dictionary did not recognise lashing as whipping :D only as tie up, so I thought it was something about Jack :D :D

:pant: (this really should not be my reaction to whipping :D )

But that was a strong moment, father trying to protect his son...

Has anyone noticed the scar? :D

Avalon Mists August 7th, 2006 11:10 AM

I think it's the same for most of us, as far as what is happening to the character that scene perhaps isn't so good, but for the perv in us we love seeing the shirt ripped almost off and the bareback (& scar). The shoulders get me each time too actually =P~ Then I guess there is also those that the whipping/lashing part is also enticing :whip:

amnariel August 7th, 2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon Mists
for the perv in us

Oh yeeessssss, that side always kicks in the right moment :wink2: :pant:

Soulsista August 7th, 2006 03:17 PM

Lashing! Definitively!

IT's a shame but who wonders, the association is - wet, naked, screaming
GOSH!

and a big applause for tricky Gore, Ted, Terry and Orli for adding such an erotic scene in a Disney movie :clap: :clap: - dirty buggers!

Leggybelle August 7th, 2006 03:18 PM

Besides loving every scene that Will is in (especially the tender jail "goodbye"), :thud: my favorite scene -- which never fails (even after 6 viewings) to make me laugh, is the one on the beach where Will confronts Jack with the fact that he led Will into a trap by sending him to Davy Jones. This is news to Elizabeth, and she says accusingly to Jack (in a high pitched voice), "WHAT?", and Jack says "WHAT?" (in an even higher pitch) !!! :rofl5:

Kaamos August 7th, 2006 08:59 PM

1) The Ragetti/Pintel conversation on the 3 men sword fight

2) :whip: ....*sigh*....bareback in the rain....*sigh*....*sigh*

3) "I got a jar of dihiiiirt, I got a jar of dihiiiirt and guess what's inside it".... :rotfl2: , it so cracked me up!

4) The bone cage scene - I soooo love the choice of music for it :D

5) Will's look when he sees the kiss.....brilliant!!!

amnariel August 7th, 2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leggybelle
my favorite scene -- which never fails (even after 6 viewings) to make me laugh, is the one on the beach where Will confronts Jack with the fact that he led Will into a trap by sending him to Davy Jones. This is news to Elizabeth, and she says accusingly to Jack (in a high pitched voice), "WHAT?", and Jack says "WHAT?" (in an even higher pitch) !!! :rofl5:

:clap: :clap: and payback with sea turtles story is hilarious too!

Llyneth August 8th, 2006 01:23 AM

I agree with you Kaamos, the music for the swinging balls was priceless! :rofl5: :rofl5: That would have to be my favorite scene, aside of course from the whipping. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnariel
Oh yeeessssss, that side always kicks in the right moment :wink2: :pant:

:wink2: I didn't realize that side ever really kicked out.

amnariel August 8th, 2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llyneth
:wink2: I didn't realize that side ever really kicked out.

:spit: :rofl5: my bad! :crafty:

Michaela August 8th, 2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llyneth
I agree with you Kaamos, the music for the swinging balls was priceless!

Well thanks for the "swinging balls" comment - I will never be able to look at that scene again without having a complete different image in my mind :D